• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

On the verge of a lost season

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenkins has been one of our best defenders all year. Forget the political jive, that is not the issue with this team right now.

But I do agree that he shouldn't be talking shit when we aren't much better at the moment. Bortles is one of those funny QBs who will light you up when you least expect it, Birds need to start strong and play sharp... Jags are missing a lot of players in this game. Getting tired of all the mistakes and dumb penalties, they're better than this.
He's been getting burnt since game 1. Jags have some big play WRs. I'm worried. Luckily it's an out of conference game.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL stunk last year as well. People forget that Wentz was the most hit QB in the entire NFL last year before getting hurt. But because we won games and even got a ring, suddenly we have a great OL. BS! We won despite them, not because of them. Pederson was good at covering that up by using them on pulling runs to the outside, which they did well - AND - getting faster throws out, especially the short crossing routes. Then with Foles more of the RPO's and you get the ball out of the QB's hands faster or into the run game.

This year, we seem to be asking wentz to hold onto the ball longer for more developed deeper routes. The OL stunk last year, and we did nothing to improve it. It still stinks now. The OL has always been one of the biggest problems on offense.

On defense, I said we would miss Robinson. The CB's are not playing the ball nearly as much as they did last year. in fact, it's such a difference, that I have to believe it's not being emphasized in coaching as much this year. And teams have seen enough film on Mills to know how much he falls for the double move. You can predict it, and some of the double moves are just pathetic, and still work. Someone needs to work on Mills playing more press and get him some help over the top. He has proven he can't handle it alone anymore. I'm not sold on the injured rookie either. CB is still a huge weakness, but Pederson doesn't value the CB position and feels you can just use value. THis might be one of the first things I really disagree with him on.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we can bring this thread back to life again. With our secondary depleted with injuries and the schedule getting tougher, this season is pretty much over. I know Doug will say otherwise, but let's be honest, last night's game was enough for me to see that this team is toast. Now it's just a matter how long till Schwartz stays on the staff? I think the Saints will lay over 40 plus on us inside the dome easily. And Wentz is going to get killed by the blitzing of the Saints defensive line. So I bring up this next question. Who stays and who goes during the offseason and who would you like to bring back? Would you keep Tate? I think I would since we gave up a third and I would love to see his full potential in this offense.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we can bring this thread back to life again. With our secondary depleted with injuries and the schedule getting tougher, this season is pretty much over. I know Doug will say otherwise, but let's be honest, last night's game was enough for me to see that this team is toast. Now it's just a matter how long till Schwartz stays on the staff? I think the Saints will lay over 40 plus on us inside the dome easily. And Wentz is going to get killed by the blitzing of the Saints defensive line. So I bring up this next question. Who stays and who goes during the offseason and who would you like to bring back? Would you keep Tate? I think I would since we gave up a third and I would love to see his full potential in this offense.
If Tate wants to come back cheap, sure. But unless we make the playoffs we just wasted a high 3rd round pick.

Because it's the NFL, don't be surprised if we mess around and win Sunday and renew everyone's hopes.
Because it's the Eagles, don't be surprised if we get torched either:L

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tate wants to come back cheap, sure. But unless we make the playoffs we just wasted a high 3rd round pick.

Because it's the NFL, don't be surprised if we mess around and win Sunday and renew everyone's hopes.
I said the exact same thing in another thread. We will win against a tough opponent, don't think any chance vs the Saints, but I do think we beat the Rams. This team is so frustrating to watch, last night still bothers me a ton. No excuse. That TD before half did it for me.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Week 11 Power Rankings: Season-defining stats for every defense

I’ll just put this here. The blurb on the Saints.

That’s about the only hope. This defense isn’t stopping shit.

It would have to be like the SB. We would need to push on offense constantly and get in the red zone as much as possible to keep up. Under perfect execution it’s a toss up. That’s what this season has come to.

And all of that is before I start to account for how this offense can’t get out of low gear all year.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG whoever has Brees and Michael Thomas for FF has got to be loving this week. I can only imagine record numbers for both. Brees easily gets over 300 and possibly 400 yds passing and Thomas will get his yds as well. Mix in Kamara, ugh.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG whoever has Brees and Michael Thomas for FF has got to be loving this week. I can only imagine record numbers for both. Brees easily gets over 300 and possibly 400 yds passing and Thomas will get his yds as well. Mix in Kamara, ugh.

I don’t place that here to build so wholly irrational point that we stand a chance to win. I don’t think we do.

But somehow maybe Brees and/or Thomas puts up average numbers and they still win handily. It is the NFL.

At any rate...only way I would be sure that these guys would have monster games against the Eagles is if I had both on a fantasy team lmao.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just reading an article written on BGN in regard to Wentz's recovery. I think most of us thought his recovery and coming back was quick, perhaps to quickly. It makes sense he's not fully recovered with his recent struggles. My point in bringing this up and in this thread, should we shut down Wentz for the remainder of the seasonnow? It's a list season with so many injuries and so forth. Shall we throw Files out there for the remaining games? I think I would and it's a no brainer. Let Wentz fully heal and let him do his thing next season. Thoughts?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Foles will get killed behind our o-line. Face it, we suck! It is a disgrace. We are a laughing stock!
Who wold have thunk?

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Pederson rediscovered the running game, the season is not YET lost. They could still win this pathetic division.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the Eagles, so you know they will probably beat Washington and maximize the heartbreak by then losing in Dallas.

Thank the inept Giants coaches for keeping our season alive though. How they didn't exploit our secondary better is beyond me.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the Eagles, so you know they will probably beat Washington and maximize the heartbreak by then losing in Dallas.

Thank the inept Giants coaches for keeping our season alive though. How they didn't exploit our secondary better is beyond me.

That plus not using Barkley more. A puzzle.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That plus not using Barkley more. A puzzle.

The Giants threw the ball 37 times. Odell was targeted 9 times (5 for 85 yds). Eli went 26/37 for 297 (not a bad line for this guy this year). My point? It feels like they did go sufficiently after the Eagles pass D. Spoken by a guy who did not watch....so maybe the optics were different. But maybe its possible the simple defense scheme helped our scrubs do enough well in pass D to help.

Not using Barkley in the second half much at all will have me eternally scratching my head.....that makes no damn sense.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants threw the ball 37 times. Odell was targeted 9 times (5 for 85 yds). Eli went 26/37 for 297 (not a bad line for this guy this year). My point? It feels like they did go sufficiently after the Eagles pass D. Spoken by a guy who did not watch....so maybe the optics were different. But maybe its possible the simple defense scheme helped our scrubs do enough well in pass D to help.

Not using Barkley in the second half much at all will have me eternally scratching my head.....that makes no damn sense.

Most of that came in the first half though. They got shut down pretty much in the second half. Philly apparently simplified the coverage even more for the UDFAs playing out there, and it worked. But that is where Giants coaches need to earn their money and come up with some wrinkles to confuse and exploit the young players in a vanilla D.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of that came in the first half though. They got shut down pretty much in the second half. Philly apparently simplified the coverage even more for the UDFAs playing out there, and it worked. But that is where Giants coaches need to earn their money and come up with some wrinkles to confuse and exploit the young players in a vanilla D.

Thank you....ok....THAT sounds like a Pat Shurmur team.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's up Iggy? I agree, I have no idea how the Giants lost that game. But you won and your season is very much alive after you destroy the Redskins

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up Iggy? I agree, I have no idea how the Giants lost that game. But you won and your season is very much alive after you destroy the Redskins

Have you seen the Eagles secondary? Surely the Skins coaching staff will not make the same bonehead mistakes the Giants did.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we could easily lose to the Redskins too, just being fatalistic about this. The Redskins are better than the Giants, and we barely beat the Giants, so we could easily lose to Colt McCoy.