• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oline

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that fans need to relax a bit on comments about the oline in May! We have absolutely no idea how it will shape up come September. For all we know Thomas will turn the corner and be steady after learning the past few years...or someone else may step up. In any case way too early to get excited either way...but G's are the easiest positions to fill especially with probowlers around them. I'm confident!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, it's way to early to judge the OG's. When full pads come on then they can be more physical with the Dlinemen. That will at least slow them down. The Fins' Dline will probably make just about any Oline look bad during the season. The Fins Dline is absolutely stacked with talent. What the Fins can't have are guys running free at the QB. Being able to identify and pick up blitzes will be crucial in preparing for the regular season. I think the Fins are going about it the right way. Turner will get as many reps as possible to be able to develop at RG and reps at LG are being divided between Thomas and Douglas. Hopefully one of those guys can claim that spot. There are also veterans on the roster that could compete for the LG spot as needed.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very interesting quote :

Here’s one positive about Thomas playing guard: Though he yielded seven sacks in 333 snaps at tackle last season, he didn’t give up any in 362 snaps at guard, according to Pro Football Focus.