• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OL Potential Available for Trade

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OL

Already traded: N/A

It's not often you find so many starting-caliber linemen potentially on the market. Most, if not all, come with a cost, but if you're desperate for reinforcements up front, guys like Thuney, Scherff and Mack can still offer top-level production.

So we still have guys we can move on from as well with the start we have had. Obviously Dunlap is a trade candidate. I would also consider trading AJ or a 4th round pick if possible. Pretty sure no one would pay shit for Ross, so he is probably just a replacement for Green on the active roster if we move on. There is a chance to get better for next year right now, because we are done. No point in signing AJ to the 18 to 20 million he will want and deserves for his career. Ross is worthless, Dunlap wants out and is starting to age a bit. We are already setting ourselves up for a top 10 draft pick, so I would start the roster update now, and most of that is addition by subtraction (monetary wise) and pull in some extra picks.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that makes many football trades difficult is the cap and the financials involved. It's not like baseball where there's no real cap concern.

My guess is that they will look to trade, in addition to Dunlap, Ross, Green, and Atkins. In baseball terms, you could always package 2 together, but in the NFL that rarely happens, again, due to the financials involved.

Either way with Dunlap and Atkins likely to not be here next year, that would save about $20M in cap. AJ and Ross don't have contracts beyond this year, so there's no future savings other than not having to extend them.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this year is such a mess. It's hard to imagine an amicable trade that would benefit both us, and another team.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe if AJ plays as a backup for Dallas, he and Andy have a good chemistry, you would hope.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can imagine a market for Atkins.... But I don't think he'd draw more than a midround pick and the opportunity to shed his salary. I see no market for AJ due to the large amount of money he is making. Dunlap has probably pissed on any market he has - And you might be able to get him if he's cut. I can't see anyone trading for John Ross - You'd need an offseason to assess whether he is worth a roster spot.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I'm assuming it's for a late round pick.

Reactions: gob

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

$8.4 million dollar cap hit over the next two years for the Bengals.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks to be for a LB and a 7th rounder

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$8.4 million dollar cap hit over the next two years for the Bengals.
6 of it this year, 2 next. Eitherway, his 11.25 was never going to be picked up and was non-guaranteed

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can imagine a market for Atkins.... But I don't think he'd draw more than a midround pick and the opportunity to shed his salary. I see no market for AJ due to the large amount of money he is making. Dunlap has probably pissed on any market he has - And you might be able to get him if he's cut. I can't see anyone trading for John Ross - You'd need an offseason to assess whether he is worth a roster spot.

I'm hopeful that we can get something for Atkins in this meaningless developmental season.

John Ross is an enigma, my belief is that the coaches still see some potential in him. otherwise, it would be over.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hopeful that we can get something for Atkins in this meaningless developmental season.

John Ross is an enigma, my belief is that the coaches still see some potential in him. otherwise, it would be over.

It is over (regarding Ross), which is why he has been on the healthy / inactive list most of the season. I hope we keep Atkins as I don't think he is done, only been nursing some injury.

I think our best bet is letting AJ / Ross / Dunlap / Jackson III go. Jackson is going to cost too much on his contract extension and hasn't produced consistently to earn that money.

Trade AJ Green to the Browns for Njoku and a 6th round pick. Browns need a WR after Beckham went down, and they are not happy with Njoku. We can use a younger TE to pair with Sample, and it gives Green a chance for the playoffs. That would be a win for everyone.

Ross is just going to be the active replacement for Green for the remainder of the season before we let him walk free agent.

Jackson, not sure who would be willing to trade for him, but I think we can get a 3rd rounder out of him with a contingency of the trading team securing him to an extension.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw an article that NE was interested in Ross.

I was watching some Ross highlights to try and figure out what we saw in him to draft him at #9 overall. In his best plays, he caught lobbed or easy passes, and then used his speed and athleticism to get YAC. I don't think he ever learned to be a complete pass catcher, that's why so many of the balls thrown his way never complete. He's probably still a decent athlete, but will need a change to provide a wake up call to become more of a pro WR.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw an article that NE was interested in Ross.

I was watching some Ross highlights to try and figure out what we saw in him to draft him at #9 overall. In his best plays, he caught lobbed or easy passes, and then used his speed and athleticism to get YAC. I don't think he ever learned to be a complete pass catcher, that's why so many of the balls thrown his way never complete. He's probably still a decent athlete, but will need a change to provide a wake up call to become more of a pro WR.

Its crazy how when Ross fumbled on his first (or one of his first) career touch on that reverse against Houston that it pretty much ruined his confidence and his career.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its crazy how when Ross fumbled on his first (or one of his first) career touch on that reverse against Houston that it pretty much ruined his confidence and his career.
right, only the top players get to play in the pros. plenty of college athletes have to go and get jobs, internships, or entry level work with the degrees they earned while playing. There's only so many 'Uhmerican' football leagues one can bide their time in after college, there's arena, CFL, the XFL (after covid) and a few experimental leagues in Europe. they won't make much money in those leagues, but you play while you are still young or you don't play at all.