• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ol' Ball Corch

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he just called his team a bunch of FILHTY BASTHASTYs. (South Carolina YOU FACE!)

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem, I wore it for 5 days after the other one ... Anyways your boys got schooled by the pirate LOL I would be embarrassed as the # 2 or 3 team

Much happier with a Win on the road with an injury depleted o line than I would be with getting skull dragged by Boston College.

Anyways, enjoy the Ducks avatar.

:laugh:

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much happier with a Win on the road with an injury depleted o line than I would be with getting skull dragged by Boston College.

Anyways, enjoy the Ducks avatar.

:laugh:

LOL yea, I bet you would, having 85 scollies and a few injured.. I'd like to see whoreorgan play with 53 scollies and few injured. Your boys wouldn't even be ranked in the top 100

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One big difference is that when Oregon had issues with the NCAA, they didn't cop an attitude try to hide them in the hopes that no sanctions would be levied.

Also, I don't understand why USC has so few scholarship athletes, unless they are simply recruiting the wrong people, and the attrition rate is far higher than it should be. 15 new scholarships for five years straight would yield 75 scholarship players. And in many years (because players could be counted against previous years totals) the Trojans signed more than 15 players. So how they end up short by 22 scholarship players is, quite frankly, beyond me.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We got all the voters fooled because we beat Georgia"

:shocked:

Anti sec poll bashers are going to have a field day with that quote.

Voters should have seen their other 3 games. UGA seems like the outlier.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One big difference is that when Oregon had issues with the NCAA, they didn't cop an attitude try to hide them in the hopes that no sanctions would be levied.

Also, I don't understand why USC has so few scholarship athletes, unless they are simply recruiting the wrong people, and the attrition rate is far higher than it should be. 15 new scholarships for five years straight would yield 75 scholarship players. And in many years (because players could be counted against previous years totals) the Trojans signed more than 15 players. So how they end up short by 22 scholarship players is, quite frankly, beyond me.

USC gets 15 scollies a year, when kids leave early we lose those kids we can't go over 15. We lost 3 for different issues just before the season started, shaw, Brown and RB who decided he was done with FB.. In 2012 Kiffin only had 12 kids sign letters

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voters should have seen their other 3 games. UGA seems like the outlier.

Pretty sure most everyone saw them getting trashed by A&M; it was the first game of the season.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not only did i see, but i was in sc at the time....lots of sad faces in murrells inlet that night.

Most of that was due to the fact that they live in Murrell's Inlet.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC gets 15 scollies a year, when kids leave early we lose those kids we can't go over 15. We lost 3 for different issues just before the season started, shaw, Brown and RB who decided he was done with FB.. In 2012 Kiffin only had 12 kids sign letters
Alright. You can count players like Shaw who are either injured or suspended as scholarship losses while claiming a program liek Oregon has a full compliment of 85 scholarship players available. All programs have scholarship players who are not available to play. So you should at least be consistent in how you count players. The number i have ehard for USC is on the order of 60 scholarship players - still well below the maximum of 75 allowed under the current NCAA sanctions. My point was that to have only 60, there had to be a very high attrition rate. And players who are leaving for reasons other than graduation or career-ending injury, should count as players who should not have been recruited in the first place. You mentioned Kiffin - and I would not at all be surprised if he was incompetent in the recruiting area since he was incompetent in so many other areas of program management. At any rate, here are the numbers as I see them:

According to Scout.com, USC had 19, 29, 15, 12 and 19 recruits sign letters of intent over the past five years. the total of 29 in 2011 was possible because some were counted against the previous years total (which left six open spots, assuming they only had 60 returning scholarship players.) i don't know all of the ins and outs of who was counted against the previous year, so I will assume that all 93 are legitimate and qualified signees. That means that in order to get down to the 75 allowed scholarships due to NCAA sanctions, there must be attrition/graduation of 18 scholarship players. In order to get down to 60, a full third of the signees had to leave the program for one reason or another. No one can fault a school for losing players due to graduation - that's actually a good thing. And some players may suffer career-ending injuries (and I am sure that USC offers those people medical hardship schollies so they can at least finish school - again - a good thing.) But the rest have to be seen as institutional failures or examples of recruiting the wrong person to the program. That's what I'm talking about.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, so it sucks twice as hard now???

i like to call them halfbacks....retirees that couldnt cut it in florida and didnt want to go all the way back home. they do pay their rent on time though so they got that going for them.

snidely4.jpg

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like to call them halfbacks....retirees that couldnt cut it in florida and didnt want to go all the way back home. they do pay their rent on time though so they got that going for them.

snidely4.jpg

Yeah, I've heard of these types. They're all over Ashevile NC and Anderson SC, too

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL yea, I bet you would, having 85 scollies and a few injured.. I'd like to see whoreorgan play with 53 scollies and few injured. Your boys wouldn't even be ranked in the top 100

Sounds like excuses to me.

Better to get a win in the Pallouse than it is to get punked in your home stadium to the Cougs, which is what happened the last time SoCal played them.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that ol' fart.

He makes me grin.

He calls my corch "Bobby".

SC8806

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im with coach on our performance. We stunk it up all night. SC cant dominate the teams we should blow out. I hope Spurrier makes practice hell this week.