• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LaMelo Ball: "We Not Dumb"

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. The kid was right. He didn't need school for anything. Went pro at 16, was drafted #1 overall and is a star in the making. $35M guaranteed in his first contract alone.
Not that it makes a differnece but he was #3 overall.

Maybe he could have been #1 if he went to school:noidea:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that particular "cocky little shit". His rookie contract is worth $35M. He's been a pro player since 16. Why would you expect him to care about school?

Plenty of pro athletes, not just in the NBA, fuck up their lives post sports. At least with a bit of education they can set themselves up.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You go out of your way to ridicule blacks players. When's the last time you were overly critical of a white player? Because I've never seen you do that.
Let's see; Jimmy Garoppolo all the time, just yesterday Evan Longoria and Kris Bryant. Those are generally sports things though but they generally don't say absurd things like Ball said and they at least know how to speak the language.
I constantly praise black players, Steph Curry comes to mind as does Giannis Antetekuonpo. Never seen a guy in any sport work as hard as him.
Ignorance is one thing but purposeful ignorance is quite another. Thinking that talking like you have a 4th grade education makes you look cool is something I will not accept, no matter what your skin color..

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of pro athletes, not just in the NBA, fuck up their lives post sports. At least with a bit of education they can set themselves up.
Well said.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is WAY too many hear that and think he is speaking for them. Be humble and admit things worked out for you.

He shouldn’t have said what he did.

He even admitted that and later walked his comments back, saying that he had special circumstance.

I don’t like his comments at all because he is a role model sending kids a bad message. Kids who will absolutely listen to him before they listen to parents/teachers/coaches etc.

However, that being said, Monty is not the right person to start this thread because his rep is well earned.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see; Jimmy Garoppolo all the time, just yesterday Evan Longoria and Kris Bryant. Those are generally sports things though but they generally don't say absurd things like Ball said and they at least know how to speak the language.
I constantly praise black players, Steph Curry comes to mind as does Giannis Antetekuonpo. Never seen a guy in any sport work as hard as him.
Ignorance is one thing but purposeful ignorance is quite another. Thinking that talking like you have a 4th grade education makes you look cool is something I will not accept, no matter what your skin color..

Hey as long long as you believe that that's what should be important to you. I've never seen you praise a black player. Let alone multiple.

And the only time you show up in the NBA threads is to say something racist about black players. It's funny you have no understanding how ignorant you really are. You shouldn't throw around words you don't understand the meaning of.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey as long long as you believe that that's what should be important to you. I've never seen you praise a black player. Let alone multiple.

And the only time you show up in the NBA threads is to say something racist about black players. It's funny you have no understanding how ignorant you really are. You shouldn't throw around words you don't understand the meaning of.
Go back and look at the NBA Finals thread where I fell in love with Antetekuonpo. Called him the most inspirational player in the league I believe.....among other things. When I see someone worthy of praise, they get it, when they seem worthy of ridicule they get it; skin color be damned.
As for your ridiculous last statement, I am a master of the English language; we both know it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back and look at the NBA Finals thread where I fell in love with Antetekuonpo. Called him the most inspirational player in the league I believe.....among other things. When I see someone worthy of praise, they get it, when they seem worthy of ridicule they get it; skin color be damned.
As for your ridiculous last statement, I am a master of the english language; we both know it.

Easily the funniest thing you've ever said on this site. Nobody would agree with you though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...and many who have achieved more than he has will go out of their way to tell others how important school is.......even go back and finish degrees they never completed.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easily the funniest thing you've ever said on this site. Nobody would agree with you though.
Well, certainly an ignoramus like yourself wouldn't but you don't know any better

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ignorant buffoon's children have earned over 100M in NBA contracts already and they're 23 and 19 respectively. The third child, based on his summer league performance is bound to get a look from an NBA team for a roster spot. They're good guys, haven't hurt anyone, carry themselves well as professionals.

He obviously did something right.
Didn't the one boy cause an international incident while playing for UCLA in China?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't the one boy cause an international incident while playing for UCLA in China?

Yeah that's the one who's not on a roster and just playing summer league. LiAngelo Ball. Received his punishment by being expelled by school, which made his route to the NBA all that more difficult.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Montalban?

Yes.

not that there's anything wrong with that seinfeld GIF by myLAB Box

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's the one who's not on a roster and just playing summer league. LiAngelo Ball. Received his punishment by being expelled by school, which made his route to the NBA all that more difficult.
My understanding is he's not nearly as good as the other two.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn’t that drama also lead to both Gelo and Melo going to play in Europe?

Melo probably finishes high school if Gelo sticks at UCLA.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t that drama also lead to both Gelo and Melo going to play in Europe?

Melo probably finishes high school if Gelo sticks at UCLA.

Yup. And if Melo doesn't get that pro experience in Australia is he as good of a rookie as he was this past year?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That too. But given another year or two at school, who knows.
School? But didn't his brother say
"We not trippin’ off school. We not dumb,” Ball said, per GQ writer Tyler R. Tynes. “We know how to learn. We don’t need school. And school not even teachin’ you shit—what the f— is school?”

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
School? But didn't his brother say
"We not trippin’ off school. We not dumb,” Ball said, per GQ writer Tyler R. Tynes. “We know how to learn. We don’t need school. And school not even teachin’ you shit—what the f— is school?”

Wrong brother.