• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oktoberfest Time!

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this beer. Spatan and Sam Adams this week.

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy's is pretty tasty this year. I didn't like last year's, though the recipe was probably identical.

What I need is a pumpkin ale. Suggestions?

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy's is pretty tasty this year. I didn't like last year's, though the recipe was probably identical.

Any Map App could probably show you the closest gay bar.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spaten es muy bueno

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not a pumpkin beer fan but I do have some suggestions.

Southern Tier Pumking is probably the quintessential pumpkin beer. Sweet and spicy like a pumpkin pie (which will be a lot of these since the pumpkin spice is usually more apparent than the pumpkin itself)

If you get Elysian beer, The Great Pumpkin, Dark of the Moon, and Night Owl are all pumpkin beers. TGP being more along Pumking's line, DotM being a pumpkin porter, and Night Owl as a lighter pumpkin ale. Sort of a Fall Amber with pumpkin and spices.

Dogfish Head Punkin is a pumpkin brown ale and should be pretty easy to find

Shipyard Brewing out of Maine makes Smashed Pumpkin Ale which is along the lines of Pumking and The Great Pumpkin.

Whatever you end up finding, a little tip. Don't drink these ice cold. Let them come up to about 50 degrees or so and you'll get a lot more flavor out of them. The cold stuff is for crap you don't want to taste. Cold kills flavor.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya Shipyard has the only pumpkin beer thats any good. I also like their Ipa.

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Map App could probably show you the closest gay bar.

lol. Fair enough. Hey, it's once a year - and it's not like someone can down a 6er of 'em. Ok, I'm rationalizing my gayness.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a pumpkin beer fan but I do have some suggestions.

Southern Tier Pumking is probably the quintessential pumpkin beer. Sweet and spicy like a pumpkin pie (which will be a lot of these since the pumpkin spice is usually more apparent than the pumpkin itself)

If you get Elysian beer, The Great Pumpkin, Dark of the Moon, and Night Owl are all pumpkin beers. TGP being more along Pumking's line, DotM being a pumpkin porter, and Night Owl as a lighter pumpkin ale. Sort of a Fall Amber with pumpkin and spices.

Dogfish Head Punkin is a pumpkin brown ale and should be pretty easy to find

Shipyard Brewing out of Maine makes Smashed Pumpkin Ale which is along the lines of Pumking and The Great Pumpkin.

Whatever you end up finding, a little tip. Don't drink these ice cold. Let them come up to about 50 degrees or so and you'll get a lot more flavor out of them. The cold stuff is for crap you don't want to taste. Cold kills flavor.

Yes, THANK YOU. This whole myth of "Brits like warm beer!" needs to be dispelled. Lager is the only thing you should drink at 34 degrees so that your taste buds are frozen and you can't tell how crappy the beer is.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yuk, no pumpkin. There are so many nice Oktoberfest beers available right now. Surprisingly, Yuengling Oktoberfest was really good. Also Lancaster Brewing Company's Oktoberfest is tasty.