• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ok, so I went a little trade crazy... follow the bouncing ball!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was having some fun with you Zeke. You do know that I am your elder, correct?

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke, we've known each other for along time now. I dunno if you know but I'm "illmeltxwithyou" from the ESPN boards. I've never known you to get so personal on the internets. Maybe you're not used to not having to deal with idiots and trolls here at sportshoopla but we're all pretty friendly here and know how to take criticism but don't take things personally mate. so with that being said .......

Is that kind of like having bone spurs? :kiss:

What's more serious Jacob?? Your a smart guy think about it long and hard.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have no idea how old you are, because of that I would never make a comment to you regarding your age.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Zeke: Let's just say I started following the Rams when they were in LA in 1960. So you can do the math and kinda/sorta get the idea that I am an old dude. Vita has been following the Rams nearly as long. In fact there are about 8 of us here on the Rampages that are members of the 50+ club which the qualifying characteristic is you have to have followed the Rams for 50 or more years. Vita is one of those guys, so is Bluepigpen, Silas, Smed55, Blazer, and a couple others.

So yea, it is safe to say that I am your elder. lol.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah...that's great,

and its funny how you and I just seem to not agree on anything.

you are always right, huh?... Mr. Vita Mike :clap:
Actually I thought we had a lot in common.

We both like the Rams, the Lakers, and Dodgers!

It's just those little differences that somehow seem to be the problem, I'm guessing...

You know we don't see eye to eye on Sam and now Clowney.

And you know what, I'm not married to either being a Ram or not, just so you know.

What ever our difference maybe, I say let's bury the hatchet. :suds:

What do you say? :noidea:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Zeke: Let's just say I started following the Rams when they were in LA in 1960. So you can do the math and kinda/sorta get the idea that I am an old dude. Vita has been following the Rams nearly as long. In fact there are about 8 of us here on the Rampages that are members of the 50+ club which the qualifying characteristic is you have to have followed the Rams for 50 or more years. Vita is one of those guys, so is Bluepigpen, Silas, Smed55, Blazer, and a couple others.

So yea, it is safe to say that I am your elder. lol.

that was the year I was born...LOL. I became a Ram fan when I was 7 or so. So yes I am junior to you, but I no spring chicken.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing. Dude, you're pretty close to being a member of the 50+ Club. Another couple of years and you'll be eligible!!

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And sadly most of them are suffering from dementia. What were we talking about again?

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I thought we had a lot in common.

We both like the Rams, the Lakers, and Dodgers!

It's just those little differences that somehow seem to be the problem, I'm guessing...

You know we don't see eye to eye on Sam and now Clowney.

And you know what, I'm not married to either being a Ram or not, just so you know.

What ever our difference maybe, I say let's bury the hatchet. :suds:

What do you say? :noidea:

That's one thing about these message boards, no matter who you are, there will always be someone that tells you that your basically clueless. Had it happen many a times, you are not the first. I am probably not the smartest guy here, don't claim to be, I like to think I am. But, I guess what it all comes down to is we all want to win, offense, defense, doesn't matter. You have your vision of this team, I have mine. I'll betcha when its all said and done, we'll both be wrong. .....LOL

ps. you got to stop agreeing with Jacob on every topic , every time he is right we lose!!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing. Dude, you're pretty close to being a member of the 50+ Club. Another couple of years and you'll be eligible!!

Gee thanks for reminding me......:L

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one thing about these message boards, no matter who you are, there will always be someone that tells you that your basically clueless. Had it happen many a times, you are not the first. I am probably not the smartest guy here, don't claim to be, I like to think I am. But, I guess what it all comes down to is we all want to win, offense, defense, doesn't matter. You have your vision of this team, I have mine. I'll betcha when its all said and done, we'll both be wrong. .....LOL

ps. you got to stop agreeing with Jacob on every topic , every time he is right we lose!!

awwwwwwwww come on!!! :lol:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never have I thought of you as clueless...

Retro assumes everyone is his junior until proven otherwise, just never the wiser! :laugh3:

Im not your brother.......and thats telling it like it is !!
I think here lies the rub. I do tend to hold no punches.... (See retro comment above & observe)

But come on Zeke, you really think Fisher/Snead don't value their DE's and understand their WR's are a true *No. 1 AWAY and without a *True No. 1 are STILL nobody? :noidea:

You said you'd bet everything you own!
I'll bet everything that I own....that Fisher/Snead think otherwise!!
nod.gif
Considering my comments about Fisher/Snead, I never thought I was giving you shit rather it was just a lot to risk since you'd lose it all.

Hence my comment ...
You'd lose! :nod:

It was never about you, just your take....

I give enough shit to all others in the NFC West, NL West, NBA Pacific Div and PAC12, you know the rivals!!!

The grief is never intended for one sporting Horns!!!

Listen to my elders??? .... LOL.....I find this comical !!
:agree:

Y'all probably went to grade school at the same time! And if not, for sure went to grade school with someone who went to grade school with each of y'all.

(*I will concede the WR could emerge from our 2013 roster.)

Last edited by a moderator:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But come on Zeke, you really think Fisher/Snead don't value their DE's and understand their WR's are a true *No. 1 AWAY and without a *True No. 1 are STILL nobody?
noidea.gif

You said you'd bet everything you own!

Think back to the 2012 drat. We really needed a true #1 WR in this draft. Justin Blackmon was who they really wanted. Jags jumped up ahead of us to get him. Anyways Fisher/Snead had Quick rated just as high as Blackmon and were ecstatic to get him in rd. 2. Brian Quick is Les Sneads baby. They compared him to Terrell Owens.

They paid him a visit prior to the draft.

By the time Appalachian State wideout Brian Quick had finished his exceptional half-hour workout, Fisher and the others in attendance – general manager Les Snead, chief operating officer Kevin Demoff, assistant coaches Brian Schottenheimer and Ray Sherman and backup quarterbacks Kellen Clemens and Tom Brandstater – no longer felt as desperate to acquire the top-rated receiver on their draft board, Oklahoma State's Justin Blackmon

Our coaches made the following comment:

Sherman, who (along with offensive coordinator Schottenheimer) presided over Quick's scripted workout, went a step further, comparing the young wideout to a prominent player he coached while working for the Dallas Cowboys a few years back.
"I see a lot of similarities to Terrell Owens," Sherman said Thursday evening. "The way the kid goes and gets the ball, the physicality, the desire … he has a chance to be special, no doubt."

Comments made by Fisher before he was picked

Hours earlier on Friday, after he and Snead had finalized their decision to pick Quick unless blown away by a substantial trade offer, Fisher sat in his office at Rams Park and spoke excitedly of third-year quarterback Sam Bradford's new No. 1 receiving target.
"He's a tall, athletic, talented receiver," Fisher said. "He's got great speed and impressive ball skills. He might not be a big name, but we believe he'll do some big things for us."

They visited other wrs that same day, but Quick was the guy they fell in love with.

Quick's workout came on the second and most remote stop of the Rams' Receiver Tour, which began with a Thursday afternoon trip to South Bend, Ind., to watch Notre Dame's Michael Floyd. That workout, and subsequent visits to watch Baylor's Kendall Wright, OSU's Blackmon and Illinois' A.J. Jenkins, all were reported by media outlets in the days before the draft.
Only the Quick-stop remained a secret, which may have worked to the Rams' advantage Thursday night. With the other four players all off the board by the end of the first round, Quick was by far the desired choice to fill the team's most obvious need, and Fisher and Snead were extremely relieved that he remained on the board at the close of business.

First and foremost I don't believe they are ready to give up on this guy after just 2 seasons. So for you/Jacob to tell me that WR is what Fisher and Snead really want, I find a little difficult to believe. I do agree that DE isn't a huge need as well. I think that Clowney will be trade bait for us and I think he is getting a raw deal by people saying he takes plays off. But if No one is willing to trade up for him, we are stupid if we don't take him. Because there is a good chance we could lose Chris Long at the end of 2014.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First and foremost I don't believe they are ready to give up on this guy after just 2 seasons. So for you/Jacob to tell me that WR is what Fisher and Snead really want, I find a little difficult to believe. I do agree that DE isn't a huge need as well. I think that Clowney will be trade bait for us and I think he is getting a raw deal by people saying he takes plays off. But if No one is willing to trade up for him, we are stupid if we don't take him. Because there is a good chance we could lose Chris Long at the end of 2014.[/QUOTE]

We have enough damn receivers! Enough already! And even if we did draft another one, it's like giving a gorilla a diamond ring----Shottenheimer and Bradford wouldn't know what to do with him anyway. If we don't trade out of the pick, QB or Clowney has to be the pick at #2. There is nobody else that is worth that high a pick. No WR, no safety, no OL that is worth the #2 pick in the draft! Only Clowney or a franchise QB (debatable if there is one of them available either) Jacobarch is constantly harping that Clowney is not a sure thing, yada yada yada. Tell me Jacob, what exactly IS a sure thing in this league? You have the potential to strike out on every single position you draft. Because you don't want Clowney you will make a case against him, but I can make a case against any player you advocate as well. You want guarantees, buy as washer or dryer with the extended warranty.

This is a passing league fellas. And with the rules being so much in favor of the offense, you can defend the secondary only so well before the rules/officials/idiot Goofdell get in the way. Therefore the pass rush becomes an even more integral part of pass defense. You guys ever hear of putting 3 or 4 DEs on the field during passing downs? And with that in mind you can NEVER have too many DEs with pass rusning ability. Look at the damn statistics that most of you guys are so fond of. Teams pass 60% of the time in this league. Passing stats have never been higher than they are now. Goofdell won't be happy until teams are scoring 50+ points a game and passing for 400 yards each and every game. And then where are teams like the Rams that build their offense around a power running game and then fall behind and can't catch up? The only one that benefits from that is Bradford, who can then pad his stats to make it look like he's a real QB.

I agree with Zeke. We don't need another stinking WR, and we can't have too many DEs. In raw ability and potential Clowney is far above anybody else in this draft at ANY position. And take into consideration he's been playing hurt the last two seasons and still impressed enough to have this much attention. With the Mad Blitzer Greg Williams as our DC, who knows what Clowney could do teamed with our other guys.

With Fisher's and William's philosophies, you can be damn sure they are discussing Clowney as their choice if they can't trade out of the 2nd pick. And as long as we're all betting, I'd put substantial $$$ on it.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have enough damn receivers! Enough already! And even if we did draft another one, it's like giving a gorilla a diamond ring----Shottenheimer and Bradford wouldn't know what to do with him anyway. If we don't trade out of the pick, QB or Clowney has to be the pick at #2. There is nobody else that is worth that high a pick. No WR, no safety, no OL that is worth the #2 pick in the draft! Only Clowney or a franchise QB (debatable if there is one of them available either) Jacobarch is constantly harping that Clowney is not a sure thing, yada yada yada. Tell me Jacob, what exactly IS a sure thing in this league? You have the potential to strike out on every single position you draft. Because you don't want Clowney you will make a case against him, but I can make a case against any player you advocate as well. You want guarantees, buy as washer or dryer with the extended warranty.

This is a passing league fellas. And with the rules being so much in favor of the offense, you can defend the secondary only so well before the rules/officials/idiot Goofdell get in the way. Therefore the pass rush becomes an even more integral part of pass defense. You guys ever hear of putting 3 or 4 DEs on the field during passing downs? And with that in mind you can NEVER have too many DEs with pass rusning ability. Look at the damn statistics that most of you guys are so fond of. Teams pass 60% of the time in this league. Passing stats have never been higher than they are now. Goofdell won't be happy until teams are scoring 50+ points a game and passing for 400 yards each and every game. And then where are teams like the Rams that build their offense around a power running game and then fall behind and can't catch up? The only one that benefits from that is Bradford, who can then pad his stats to make it look like he's a real QB.

I agree with Zeke. We don't need another stinking WR, and we can't have too many DEs. In raw ability and potential Clowney is far above anybody else in this draft at ANY position. And take into consideration he's been playing hurt the last two seasons and still impressed enough to have this much attention. With the Mad Blitzer Greg Williams as our DC, who knows what Clowney could do teamed with our other guys.

With Fisher's and William's philosophies, you can be damn sure they are discussing Clowney as their choice if they can't trade out of the 2nd pick. And as long as we're all betting, I'd put substantial $$$ on it.[/QUOTE]

Geeesh....for a second there I thought you were yelling at me. LOL...I agree with the "Fisher and Williams philosophy" comment. I strongly believe they will build a power run game with a punch you in the face type defense. Trying to build another GSOT just aint gonna happen.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and I may be the only ones that think drafting Clowney is a good idea Zeke, so we have to stick together. :tea: But the draft is so far away at this point everybody is going to burn themselves out arguing long before it ever gets here. In any case, I would have to support whatever course the Rams take and hope for the best because we really have no choice or control in the matter. It's all conjecture and opinion on our end. I'd get no satisfaction if we passed on Clowney and another team drafted him and he became an all-pro. Being right and having the privilege of saying "I told you so" won't help our team any, and would just be erased next time we're wrong....which would be in quick order for me anyway. Ultimately I do believe the Rams will trade out of the 2nd pick, but if they don't, my money would be on Clowney if he's still available. With Fisher and Williams, they have to be salivating over this guy and what he brings to the table. Remember just last year Fisher said he thought the Rams could set a new record for sacks in a season. Now whether that was hyperbole or not, you can gain some insight into his defensive mentality from that statement. Do you think that if you wave a piece of raw meat in front of a hungry lion he's going to be able to resist? I think not. If Clowney is still there, and we can't get what we want to trade out, I'd be very surprised if he gets by us.