• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ok, so I went a little trade crazy... follow the bouncing ball!!

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just jet-lag Ozark. Just lie down for awhile and don't forget to take your senility meds. You'll be OK.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First and foremost I don't believe they are ready to give up on this guy after just 2 seasons. So for you/Jacob to tell me that WR is what Fisher and Snead really want, I find a little difficult to believe. I do agree that DE isn't a huge need as well. I think that Clowney will be trade bait for us and I think he is getting a raw deal by people saying he takes plays off. But if No one is willing to trade up for him, we are stupid if we don't take him. Because there is a good chance we could lose Chris Long at the end of 2014.

We have enough damn receivers! Enough already! And even if we did draft another one, it's like giving a gorilla a diamond ring----Shottenheimer and Bradford wouldn't know what to do with him anyway. If we don't trade out of the pick, QB or Clowney has to be the pick at #2. There is nobody else that is worth that high a pick. No WR, no safety, no OL that is worth the #2 pick in the draft! Only Clowney or a franchise QB (debatable if there is one of them available either) Jacobarch is constantly harping that Clowney is not a sure thing, yada yada yada. Tell me Jacob, what exactly IS a sure thing in this league? You have the potential to strike out on every single position you draft. Because you don't want Clowney you will make a case against him, but I can make a case against any player you advocate as well. You want guarantees, buy as washer or dryer with the extended warranty.

This is a passing league fellas. And with the rules being so much in favor of the offense, you can defend the secondary only so well before the rules/officials/idiot Goofdell get in the way. Therefore the pass rush becomes an even more integral part of pass defense. You guys ever hear of putting 3 or 4 DEs on the field during passing downs? And with that in mind you can NEVER have too many DEs with pass rusning ability. Look at the damn statistics that most of you guys are so fond of. Teams pass 60% of the time in this league. Passing stats have never been higher than they are now. Goofdell won't be happy until teams are scoring 50+ points a game and passing for 400 yards each and every game. And then where are teams like the Rams that build their offense around a power running game and then fall behind and can't catch up? The only one that benefits from that is Bradford, who can then pad his stats to make it look like he's a real QB.

I agree with Zeke. We don't need another stinking WR, and we can't have too many DEs. In raw ability and potential Clowney is far above anybody else in this draft at ANY position. And take into consideration he's been playing hurt the last two seasons and still impressed enough to have this much attention. With the Mad Blitzer Greg Williams as our DC, who knows what Clowney could do teamed with our other guys.

With Fisher's and William's philosophies, you can be damn sure they are discussing Clowney as their choice if they can't trade out of the 2nd pick. And as long as we're all betting, I'd put substantial $$$ on it.[/QUOTE]

:hellno:

I'm not even going to respond with a pointless "opinion". Fact is we strongly disagree with each other and thats ok by me but don't yell at me........... :sadbron:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even going to respond with a pointless "opinion". Fact is we strongly disagree with each other and thats ok by me but don't yell at me........... :sadbron:[/QUOTE]

hold on Jacob
you call his opinion pointless??... and then you don't want him to yell at you?? WTF?? :bawling:

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not yelling at you Jacob. Just trying to emphasize my opinion. Texting/Internet protocol yelling would be capitalizing every letter. In any case, you are correct about us strongly disagreeing on everything. But I actually prefer it that way. I'd start to worry if we did agree on something....would force me to re-evaluate my position. :whoo::drum: :wave: :agree:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even going to respond with a pointless "opinion". Fact is we strongly disagree with each other and thats ok by me but don't yell at me........... :sadbron:

hold on Jacob
you call his opinion pointless??... and then you don't want him to yell at you?? WTF?? :bawling:[/QUOTE]

right, because in the end all of our opinions mean jack ...........ish

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not yelling at you Jacob. Just trying to emphasize my opinion. Texting/Internet protocol yelling would be capitalizing every letter. In any case, you are correct about us strongly disagreeing on everything. But I actually prefer it that way. I'd start to worry if we did agree on something....would force me to re-evaluate my position. :whoo::drum: :wave: :agree:

haha well said! :suds:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we all join hands and sing kumbaya now?

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know the words, but I've been humming it since then. Perhaps you could lead out in a chorus Ozark.
:thrasher::hippie:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, just cuz I am VERY bored at work today, I did another simulation using drafttek. They update rankings every Tuesday. I went even crazier. I have Cleveland sending us a 2nd and 3rd to swap from 4 to 2, Atlanta sending us a 2nd and 3rd to swap from 6 to 4 and Dallas sending us a 2nd and 3rd to swap from 17 to 13...here is what came of that:

#6 Anthony Barr OLB
#13 Greg Robinson OT
#35 Xavier Su'a Filo OG
#37 Ed Reynolds FS
#44 Kyle Fuller CB
#71 Brett Smith QB
#75 Brandon Coleman WR
#79 Louchiez Purifoy CB
#106 Ryan Groy OG
#141 Calvin Barnett DT
#172 Ty Zimmerman S
#206 Antonio Andrews RB

I would be VERY ok with this.... but I do not think BOTH the Cleveland deal AND Atlanta deal will happen. I can see a deal with Atlanta and a deal with Dallas...

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So lets assume we only have 2 2nd's and 2 3rd's so we drop Kyle Fuller and Brandon Coleman from the simulation.....whatcha think?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade one of the 2's for Cousins.
I've seen enough to want to keep the No. 2's and draft the BPA at QB with either pick.

Hell I'd rather they draft Johnny Football at No. 2 overall before giving up a No. 2 for Cousins...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Vita, I think the Rams really need to shore up the back-up QB spot if Quinn, Clemens, and Davis are going to be that going forward. I'd think the Rams should do something in the later rounds to assure a future at the QB spot.

That is why I suggested a Mettenberger. He could be put on the practice squad for two years, get his knee healed up, work on being a pro, and he'd come cheap. Then when all of the Bradford issues get resolved one way or another, he could step in and not be a total rook. But I got no takers on my suggestion.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Vita, I think the Rams really need to shore up the back-up QB spot if Quinn, Clemens, and Davis are going to be that going forward. I'd think the Rams should do something in the later rounds to assure a future at the QB spot.

That is why I suggested a Mettenberger. He could be put on the practice squad for two years, get his knee healed up, work on being a pro, and he'd come cheap. Then when all of the Bradford issues get resolved one way or another, he could step in and not be a total rook. But I got no takers on my suggestion.
I could be wrong but I recall reading somewhere about the challenges of putting guys on the PS and as I recall it wasn't as safe as you state.

Too lazy to look into it though ... :lol:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong but I recall reading somewhere about the challenges of putting guys on the PS and as I recall it wasn't as safe as you state.

Too lazy to look into it though ... :lol:

Teams can poach off of your practice squad as long as they add him to the active roster. Player has to clear waivers to get to the practice squad as well I believe.