• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OK so dean can we stop with the KC would have had this record BS ?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't we all just blame voodoo? I'm pretty sure our team is being attacked supernaturally

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shenanigans, are you aware of his point? His point, which goes back weeks, was that The redskins would be in a playoff hunt if Kirk had started game 1. Is this what you agree with?

I don't think there is anyone that has been debating Dean would say that there aren't some things that Kirk does better than RG3 right now. Pocket awareness, scanning the field, dumping off to hot reads are all things that he is more advanced on. The question is once RG3 has had time and experience to learn these skill sets, do you think RG3 will be a more effective QB for the Redskins?

SO this has been my point. Its not about this year. As proven in the last 2 games, Kirk would not have materially improved our standing this year. He is going to be a good QB, but not an elite QB. RG3 is an elite talent that can be an elite QB. He just needs coaching, practice, and playing experience. Unfortunately, the delaying of his experience will just delay when he becomes proficient at the nuances that he currently struggles with. So if we waited to play him next year, then it just would have delayed it by a year.

I don't think the redskins would be legitimate playoff contenders if they went to cousins earlier, no. I do think they would have been a lot more competitive in a lot more games had they switched though, that's for damn sure.
I also am not entirely sure why so many people are convinced rg3 is a definite elite talent. Sure, he's an elite athlete. So was Kordell Stewart, Randall Cunningham, Michael Vick, Steve McNair. Guess what they all have in common?
I think this offseason will be very telling for rg3. He may be an elite athlete with world class speed, but his mechanics sucked this year, as did his follow through, footwork, and ability to scan the field.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the redskins would be legitimate playoff contenders if they went to cousins earlier, no. I do think they would have been a lot more competitive in a lot more games had they switched though, that's for damn sure.
I also am not entirely sure why so many people are convinced rg3 is a definite elite talent. Sure, he's an elite athlete. So was Kordell Stewart, Randall Cunningham, Michael Vick, Steve McNair. Guess what they all have in common?
I think this offseason will be very telling for rg3. He may be an elite athlete with world class speed, but his mechanics sucked this year, as did his follow through, footwork, and ability to scan the field.

Don't disagree. As I said, he is an elite talent, but not yet an elite QB. His mechanics did suffer this year. I blame it on his injury and rushing back with no preseason. He got into bad habits because he couldn't plant on his front knee. Once he got that motion into his muscle memory, its really hard to break without significant practice time. In the midst of a season, you just don't have time during the week to devote to mechanics. You spend all time installing the game plan for the upcoming week.

I also agree that this offseason will be telling for his future. I do think that RG3 has all of the skills (mental and physical) to be an elite QB. He is also an undeniable hard worker. The question is what he focuses on in the offseason and who is coaches will be next year. Folks calling for Shanahan's head, of which I can sympathize, better understand that a coaching change could lead to another setback for RG3.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rg3 stats were inflated this year b/c we got blown out early in a lot of games this year. That is a fact. So garbage stats are in play here. Yes RG3 has potential but I feel KC is the better pocket passer right now. Plus he has less game experience that RG3 and he still looks like the better QB. He should not be traded b/c RG3 is injury prone and you need two QB's in this league. If Shanny comes back KC deserves to compete in training camp for QB1.

I am just afraid that rg3 is just going to be a running QB and not develop as a pocket passer. A lot of the sacks this year were on him. What makes his celling so high is his legs and you need more than just legs to succeed in todays nfl. I hope im wrong but that is what I see right now.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rg3 stats were inflated this year b/c we got blown out early in a lot of games this year. That is a fact. So garbage stats are in play here. Yes RG3 has potential but I feel KC is the better pocket passer right now. Plus he has less game experience that RG3 and he still looks like the better QB. He should not be traded b/c RG3 is injury prone and you need two QB's in this league. If Shanny comes back KC deserves to compete in training camp for QB1.

I am just afraid that rg3 is just going to be a running QB and not develop as a pocket passer. A lot of the sacks this year were on him. What makes his celling so high is his legs and you need more than just legs to succeed in todays nfl. I hope im wrong but that is what I see right now.

That right there more than any thing is why Shanahan will be fired. Make no mistake, who ever the coach is, RG3 will be the starter come opening day of training camp with zero chance of an open comp. If by some miracle Shanahan is still the coach, Cousins will be dealt. There just really isnt a chance Dan gives up on RG3, and he wont allow a coach to undermine the trade any worse than it already has been. Now it will be interesting if Houston some how manages to pull off a win next week and we end up giving the Rams the #1 over all draft pick.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is RG3 bigger than the team? They had this reasoning in Week 1 and look what happened. If Shanny comes back and KC beats out Rg3 in training camp why shouldn't he play? Are we running a football team or a popularity contest? Enough with the hype the better player plays.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dean, I don't disagree with anything you say here. But the only way we are going to know if RG3 can become the QB that we all hope he can is by playing him. He has to either work through his learning curve or fail on the field. And the longer we delay his playing, the longer we drag this out. Kirk is not a savior. He is most likely an avg QB who can have some success if the talent around him is strong.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want the best player to play. that is all.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do I. But you have to give RG3 a chance to grow. All QBs go through pains their first few years. The good ones grow out of it. We give up on RG3 now and we will only know if he is truly special when he goes to another team.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said give up on him. I want him to beat out Cousins. Make him win the QB1 job. Just don't give it too him. If we trade Cousins we are just giving him the job. Lets see if Shanny stays or not then I will get into this topic in more detail.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is RG3 bigger than the team? They had this reasoning in Week 1 and look what happened. If Shanny comes back and KC beats out Rg3 in training camp why shouldn't he play? Are we running a football team or a popularity contest? Enough with the hype the better player plays.

Dean, in a perfect world, both QBs would get a chance to compete for the spot. But in reality they gave up alot to get Rg3, so the reality is that they are going to do every thing possible to make it work with him. If that means geting rid of Shanahan, then he is gone. If it means trading Cousins for a 3rd or 4th rounder and some one offers, he is gone. Remember there are egos involved here as well. And while some fans would be accepting of the idea of let them compete, the backlash for that kind of move would be harsh in most circles. time to step back, take a deep breath and just realize that the next few weeks will be critical as far as the direction of the team going forward. I dont think Shanahan will be back. I dont think they will hire a Gm with personnel chops. And the next coach is going to be hired with a clear understanding that unless he is in a body cast, RG3 is the starter. Not because its right mind you, but because no one with any say is going to be willing to admit that the trade might have been a mistake.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that is a horrible way to run a NFL franchise. Im not against the RG3 trade. We did what we had to do to get him. We had to beat out the Browns and we did with the extra pick in 2014. But if some team offers you two first round picks for RG3 how can you not listen? Most players support Shanny. If he is not back then that would mean RG3 runs this organization. When a player is bigger than the team we have big problems.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that is a horrible way to run a NFL franchise. Im not against the RG3 trade. We did what we had to do to get him. We had to beat out the Browns and we did with the extra pick in 2014. But if some team offers you two first round picks for RG3 how can you not listen? Most players support Shanny. If he is not back then that would mean RG3 runs this organization. When a player is bigger than the team we have big problems.

Well Dean, it apparent we do have big problems. I honestly dont think any one would offer up two first round picks for Griffin at this time. And its obvious that some people do in fact think the QB is bigger than the rest of the team. I figure by New Years we will have a more solid grip on the direction of this team. Odds are Mike is fired, if he isnt most of the world will be shocked.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are the jags or Raiders why wouldn't you? I wouldn't be shocked if Mike is still the coach.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are the jags or Raiders why wouldn't you? I wouldn't be shocked if Mike is still the coach.

Because if you are the Jags or the Raiders, why wouldnt you simply DRAFT your own QB, save the extra pick to address other needs and not take on some one elses baggage.

The reason bad teams stay bad teams is because they try to make snap decisions for the quick fix. We fall into that category as well mind you.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they will believe the hype of RG3. It would boost up there season ticket sales if it happened. lol.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they will believe the hype of RG3. It would boost up there season ticket sales if it happened. lol.

Any team with half a brain would realize it as a bad move. And honestly Dan wont do it. He wont bring in a coach that would even consider it. So its honestly a non-issue at this point. We should be looking at who the coaches might be, what defense we are going to run, and how will they address the offensive line. Because like it or not RG3 isnt going any where any time soon.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you are saying Mike gets fired that means Haslett is gone too. Do you think every coach get fired? A clean sweep?? I think we will see Kyle, Has, and Burns go. But we keep Mike.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you are saying Mike gets fired that means Haslett is gone too. Do you think every coach get fired? A clean sweep?? I think we will see Kyle, Has, and Burns go. But we keep Mike.

I think its a clean sweep. Raheem Morris might survive. But thats about it.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be a clean sweep. New HC wants his own staff.