• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OK so dean can we stop with the KC would have had this record BS ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have played 2 games under KC , both of which we could have won

KC played well enough to win both games and we still freaking lost !

so now will you cede you have no idea what our record couldve wouldve shouldve been if he played ?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have any idea what are record would of been but our games would of been a lot closer. KC runs shannys offense better than RG3. KC is playing very well and it was not crazy to think the season would of been different if he started from Week1. That was my whole point. At least we are watching some exciting games.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have any idea what are record would of been but our games would of been a lot closer. KC runs shannys offense better than RG3. KC is playing very well and it was not crazy to think the season would of been different if he started from Week1. That was my whole point. At least we are watching some exciting games.

LMAO you're high dude.:laugh3::laugh3:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't think we are getting better QB play then you are high dude.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dean, this is not the tune you were singing for weeks on end. If I really cared, I go back and find your posts, but I don't. . You were adamant that we would be in the playoff hunt if Kirk started week 1. We all argued with you that it wasn't just the qb play that was responsible for our loses. You said it was common knowledge that we would have more wins. Well, we just played 2 of the worst defenses in the NFL. We couldn't beat either team. And Kirk played ok.

As I maintained all along, Kirk is just an average qb. Nothing special, but given the right talent around him, can play in this league. He, by himself, will not carry a team. He is an Andy dalton. RG3 is an elite talent, but raw. He has the ability to carry a team. We saw that last year. He just needs practice and experience. Of course if we would have listened to you, rg3 would have had no experience this year, setting his development back a year. That would have been brilliant.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line here jy19 is that we are getting better QB play in these last two games. When your backup QB plays better than your starter there is a problem.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? How so? What metric are you using to make the claim that Kirk is playing better?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are actually sustaining drives. Look at Morris and Garcon's numbers. The offense looks better with KC playing QB. Its hasn't taken a step back its taken a step forward. KC is a great fit for Shannys offense

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean, once again you make a claim as fact that has no basis in reality. Let me give you some stats:

Completion pct: RG3 - 60%. Kirk - 58%
Avg yds/attempt: RG3 - 7. Kirk - 7
Yds/game: RG3 - 225. Kirk - 155
Int%: RG3 - 2.6%. Kirk - 5.7%
Winning%: RG3 - 23% Kirk - 0%. (This year)

So any statistical measure, at best they are even this year, but realistically RG3 is ahead given he trows less INTs per attempt and has actually won a couple games.

So again, how are you determining Kirk is playing better?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
half of RG3 stats were garbage time. We are in games with KC. How can you not see the offense is playing better? We are taking less sacks. We are moving ball very well. KC actually makes plays from the pocket. KC doesn't take big hits. The offense looks like a NFL offense.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense has been much more effective with Cousins in, in my opinion. RG3 has a lot of work to do this off season.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean, that's all great. But its all about wins and losses. And since neither QB can lead us to wins this year, I want RG3 (our future) to get as much experience as possible so that we can become a competitive team sooner rather than later. Kirk is not a franchise QB. Even you have to admit that. He can be an adequate QB, but will never be elite. RG3 has the potential to be elite. He just needs to get experience in things he has never done before. So if we listened to you and played kirk all year, RG3 wouldn't start to get this real experience until next year. So how do you think next year would go?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense has been much more effective with Cousins in, in my opinion. RG3 has a lot of work to do this off season.

TC, I don't disagree. But see my post above.

sublime4eva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've played probably the 2 worst defenses in the NFL these past 2 weeks and Cousins has been better? man I'm speechless, we aren't even in this game today if not for Morris

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think our qb play is any better or any worse . the same things plague it now that it did before

poor route running , poor clock management, dropped passes , too many turnovers and untimely penalties

RG3 has slightly better stats all though i reject deans lame garbage time stats BS losers talk about but there is no real difference . KC runs Kc plays better and Rg3 runs Rg3 plays better

sublime4eva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course he does and you know he'll work hard at it cause that has been his M.O. all his life.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've played probably the 2 worst defenses in the NFL these past 2 weeks and Cousins has been better? man I'm speechless, we aren't even in this game today if not for Morris

We played the worst defense in the league today that was using LBs, due to injuries, that couldn't even make most NFL rosters. Kirk still couldn't beat them. This isn't a knock on Kirk, but a statement that it isn't just the QB play that is the reason for our terrible team play. Kirk is not our future. RG3 is. The sooner that he becomes experienced at the nuances of being an NFL QB, the sooner he can lead our team out of this mess. The only way he gains this experience is by playing. That is the bottom line.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you flat out said we would be 6-6 and KC wouldve won those games dean so enough of the BS

i said you have no way of knowing . the last 2 games proves that despite good play by KC we are still losing

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a team effort. The defense has been awful, the special teams even worse than that. The coaching hasn't been great, neither has the play calling. Today's defeat is a perfect example: this is the Dallas special teams coach first year on their staff, he signs a player on Wednesday, and that player runs one back 62 yards.

Meanwhile, Shanahan, Burns, and co can't tackle anybody, scheme anybody, find a replacement for sav rocca from anywhere, or find a goddamned punt returner!

In terms of KC vs RG3, this game is another example of showing hopefully rg3 EXactly what he needs to work on: avoiding hits, recognizing defenses, going through progressions, hitting his hot reads. Like it or not, the fact that KC hasn't been sacked more than once in the past two games combined is impressive. It's the same shitty oline.

I thought KC played a good game, not as great as last week's game, but not as bad as more than a few of RG3's.

I won't pretend to say that the redskins would be significantly better in terms of their record if they had went to cousins earlier, but one thing is for certain: KC NOW was significantly better than RG3 at the beginning of the season.

I think dean pet has a legitimate point.

Last edited by a moderator:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a team effort. The defense has been awful, the special teams even worse than that. The coaching hasn't been great, neither has the play calling. Today's defeat is a perfect example: this is the Dallas special teams coach first year on their staff, he signs a player on Wednesday, and that player runs one back 62 yards.

Meanwhile, Shanahan, Burns, and co can't tackle anybody, scheme anybody, find a replacement for sav rocca from anywhere, or find a goddamned punt returner!

In terms of KC vs RG3, this game is another example of showing hopefully rg3 EXactly what he needs to work on: avoiding hits, recognizing defenses, going through progressions, hitting his hot reads. Like it or not, the fact that KC hasn't been sacked more than once in the past two games combined is impressive. It's the same shitty oline.

I thought KC played a good game, not as great as last week's game, but not as bad as more than a few of RG3's.

I won't pretend to say that the redskins would be significantly better in terms of their record if they had went to cousins earlier, but one thing is for certain: KC NOW was significantly better than RG3 at the beginning of the season.

I think dean pet has a legitimate point.

Shenanigans, are you aware of his point? His point, which goes back weeks, was that The redskins would be in a playoff hunt if Kirk had started game 1. Is this what you agree with?

I don't think there is anyone that has been debating Dean would say that there aren't some things that Kirk does better than RG3 right now. Pocket awareness, scanning the field, dumping off to hot reads are all things that he is more advanced on. The question is once RG3 has had time and experience to learn these skill sets, do you think RG3 will be a more effective QB for the Redskins?

SO this has been my point. Its not about this year. As proven in the last 2 games, Kirk would not have materially improved our standing this year. He is going to be a good QB, but not an elite QB. RG3 is an elite talent that can be an elite QB. He just needs coaching, practice, and playing experience. Unfortunately, the delaying of his experience will just delay when he becomes proficient at the nuances that he currently struggles with. So if we waited to play him next year, then it just would have delayed it by a year.