• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ok seriously..... Alex Smith version

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This fucking guy is amazing. All the shit he's been through and to come back and start. Plus the guy is probably the most underrated QB this century ( maybe longer )

Washington is 14-29 since getting Smith .

8-4 when he plays the whole game

6-25 when he doesn't

Thats crazy

Eagles , Cowboys and Giants fans should be happy RR fucked up and took 8 games to finally start Smith or Wash would already have the division locked up .

Amazing

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had he not gotten injured in 2018, Washington would have won the division that year. Hell they probably win it last year, because their QB play was that shitty last year. And the division was shitty last year too.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Smith has gotten a raw deal. He was a consistent winner after the disasterous beginning in SF He got benched for Kaepernick and Mahomes after nice playoff runs

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex has always been a solid starter. Very cool story to see him come back from almost losing his leg entirely. The challenges he faces in his road to recovery are the sort that not many (if any) have had to face before. Truly remarkable to see him playing again, let alone playing at a high level. Makes a lot of sense for Washington to want to try and retain him seeing how Haskins didn't turn out & Allen got hurt.

Should be interesting to see if he wins the CPOY award. Roethlisberger should have a firm grip on that award seeing as he has entered the MVP discussions, but I think the voters will get soft & vote on Alex.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex has always been a solid starter. Very cool story to see him come back from almost losing his leg entirely. The challenges he faces in his road to recovery are the sort that not many (if any) have had to face before. Truly remarkable to see him playing again, let alone playing at a high level. Makes a lot of sense for Washington to want to try and retain him seeing how Haskins didn't turn out & Allen got hurt.

Should be interesting to see if he wins the CPOY award. Roethlisberger should have a firm grip on that award seeing as he has entered the MVP discussions, but I think the voters will get soft & vote on Alex.
If Pitt goes 14-2+ and Wash wins the division after going to Smith it may be the toughest decision ever for the award. Id have a tough time not voting for a guy who people weren't even sure would have 2 legs 15 months ago though lol .

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very happy for Alex... He's always been a solid starter in this league for the most part... Glad to see him have the WFT on track... I'm definitely not as confident as I was 4 weeks or so ago in the Hawks facing them in a few weeks... That DL and defense has been playing well... Chase Young is unstoppable it seems... That Running game, topped with a veteran QB - they should take the division..

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Pitt goes 14-2+ and Wash wins the division after going to Smith it may be the toughest decision ever for the award. Id have a tough time not voting for a guy who people weren't even sure would have 2 legs 15 months ago though lol .
Understandable. But this award isn't based on the severity of the injury. History has shown us that. Its about how well the player performs coming back from injury. Right now, that's an easy choice. But then again, there's still a media bias towards Ben. No matter what he does they will find a way to discredit him.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I always liked the guy and I hope he continues to do well. His early struggles in San Fran gave him an unfair rap imo. The guy had some horrible coaches and iirc, 4 different O.C.s and systems in his first 5 years. Hard to shine in that.
As for Washington, as noted already, they likely win that division 2 years ago if he isn't injured. I think with him out there, they win this division. Between what Alex has gone through and Rivera, they have plenty of emotional motivation and that defensive front is scary good.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3

Lotsa guys have come back fully from Ben’s injury. Smith’s injury is a whole other kettle of fish. Nothing like this before. Even Teddy’s knee injury doesn’t compare. It will be close to unanimous for Alex

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
took 8 games to finally start Smith or Wash would already have the division locked up .
I was saying that at start of season when they went with Haskins.
If they went with Smith they would be the competition for Dallas (with Dak)
Since Dak went down, the skins would have ran away with it IMO.
I dont underestimate Smith. he wins.
When Cousins left & Smith came in, I remember saying I am more worried about the skins with Smith than with Cousins. Many thought I was crazy.
Smith had a complete shit redskin team in 1st place when he got injured.

I am one of those rooting for Smith to succeed in his comeback. Even though he is a Redskin.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So very happy for AS. My hugest concern was durability for him. I no longer wince when I see a blitz coming. Hard to believe he’s back and playing at this level after all he went through. Mad respect for him. And his teammates are inspired by his play and RRs recovery from cancer this summer.

Perhaps I might finally see a professional team play on the field. I see the seeds of change and the future looks bright. Real test will be the next 3 games. Interested to see whether we can keep it close...or outright win.