• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OJ Simpson Is On Twitter: It's Going Exactly How You Might Guess It Would

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posters are actually defending OJ and the not guilty verdict? LMAO. Shocker @Guns N Guitars is in that camp, I mean not shocked that his take is idiotic but shocked he would be taking this position.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can thank the public prosecutor team of Clark and Darden for that. Not their fault, it's the systems fault. They had no chance against the dream team. It would be akin to my HS team playing an NFL team.

How O.J. Simpson trial introduced courts to DNA

Using DNA to prove a crime was only in its beginning stages during the Simpson trial & was not handled particularly well at the time. It might be a completely different story in this era. However that would likely be countered by the lame media's perception that Simpson was some type of victim or some other type of nonsense that would influence the verdict.

_rolltideroll_

4 out of 3 people have trouble with basic math...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard OJ's new business is killing the competition.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom Line: Simpson was tried by a jury of his peers in accordance with laws of our country. What anyone else thinks matters not, there is no court of public opinion. But what we all must remember is that being found not guilty does not mean he did not do it, just means he got away with if he did.

Reactions: GNG

_rolltideroll_

4 out of 3 people have trouble with basic math...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason that fool is not in prison is that he was OJ. If he had been Tyrone from the projects, or Billy-Bob from the trailer park, he would have been executed the following week.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not guilty by any means is not guilty. They played by the rules set down and won does not matter if Perry Mason was his lawyer.
If it were really that simple. Our legal/judicial system is a joke.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason that fool is not in prison is that he was OJ. If he had been Tyrone from the projects, or Billy-Bob from the trailer park, he would have been executed the following week.

Well there a speculative banter for you.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom Line: Simpson was tried by a jury of his peers in accordance with laws of our country. What anyone else thinks matters not, there is no court of public opinion. But what we all must remember is that being found not guilty does not mean he did not do it, just means he got away with if he did.

His sentence that he just finished would say otherwise. Few believe that long sentence was unrelated to the previous case. Most understand it was payback so yeah what others thought of the murder verdict, specifically the judge, did in fact matter.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His extended sentence that he just finished would say otherwise. Few believe that sentence was unrelated to the previous case. It was payback so yeah what others thought of the murder verdict did in fact matter.
No it did not again that is how you choose to see. Answer a few questions honestly.

1. Did he stand trial for murder?

2. Was that trial in accordance with the laws of the country?

3. Was he found not guilty of murder?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how exactly did this clown get out of not paying the civil damages? How does that work exactly? I understand certain things such as his league pension are protected but he still has assets and a settlement to pay. Why aren't his assets seized?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it did not again that is how you choose to see. Answer a few questions honestly.

1. Did he stand trial for murder?

2. Was that trial in accordance with the laws of the country?

3. Was he found not guilty of murder?

Yes to all 3, this is obvious. This does nothing to change the fact that the verdict had repercussions later, the sentencing judge on the 2nd case clearly slammed him far beyond standard sentencing guidelines and most everyone knows why. He is unable to go to restaurants without getting heckled. So your claim that what others think of the verdict does not matter, which of course is what I was challenging, is simply not true.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how exactly did this clown get out of not paying the civil damages? How does that work exactly? I understand certain things such as his league pension are protected but he still has assets and a settlement to pay. Why aren't his assets seized?
Answer the three questions an we can carry on.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes to all 3, this is obvious. This does nothing to change the fact that the verdict had repercussions later, the sentencing judge on the 2nd case clearly slammed him far beyond standard sentencing guidelines and most everyone knows why. He is unable to go to restaurants without getting heckled. So your claim that what others think of the verdict, which of course is what I was challenging, is simply not true.

What others think does not matter in relationship to his murder trial. Tom Cruise gets heckled for his Scientology beliefs does not make his religion preference wrong. We also have to remember OJ went to prison on a separate crime in a different state 13 years after the first trial. He was sentenced to 33 years and was paroled after 8.5 years. The two are seperate of one another.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was sentenced to 33 years and was paroled after 8.5 years. The two are seperate of one another.

Yeah, sure they were. That overly harsh sentence had nothing to do with his previous trial. I'll just say you are the first person I've ever hear say they were unrelated.

Now that we're over that can you help me understand how he got out of paying the civil penalty?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Hi, I'm Pete Rose. I am signing autographs at the <insert location here> on <date/time>. Items from $25 up. Remember me? Hits leader! See you there! (bring money)"

Bwah...now do Canseco!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, sure they were. That overly harsh sentence had nothing to do with his previous trial. I'll just say you are the first person I've ever hear say they were unrelated.

Now that we're over that can you help me understand how he got out of paying the civil penalty?
The two are seperate of one another because they are two different crimes in two different stated with two different judges and two different out comes. Not sure how all the difference make them the same.

As to how he got out of paying Civil Penalties, no idea.