• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oh boy... Dana wanted TT, but they say no..

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In CUSA right? I mean we’re comparing CUSA to the Big 12, right? I strongly believe we would have won CUSA this season and still went to a bowl game. Could be wrong. I do know that a Doc coached Marshall team would have looked like an Akron MAC team in the Big 12. Kansas would have saved their HC’s job.
Marshall was a train wreck pre Doc. You put Doc at WVU and we are AT LEAST as good as we are now imho recruiting prob better. Doc would be a good fit imo,

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doc and Terry are resurfacing again on this board? We passed those guys over once to hire Bill Stewart. Get with the times guys. Compare those names to other coaches who took jobs this year ie Mack Brown, Les Miles.

Dana wins 60% of his games in the B12, Doc wins 60% of his games in the MAC
Terry Bowden over his career wins 60% of his games.

If we bring in someone, lets bring in people who win more than 60% of his games.

Les Miles 70%, Mack Brown 66%

Now back to the thread: If Dana really wanted to go to Texas Tech, I am quite worried. If he is thinking about leaving, does that say a bit about our pipeline and future? Will we suck next year? He has a big rebuilding job next year.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshall was a train wreck pre Doc. You put Doc at WVU and we are AT LEAST as good as we are now imho recruiting prob better. Doc would be a good fit imo,

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GT hasn't made their hire yet. If I'm Dana I throw my name in that hat. IMO that's the best opportunity of the jobs that have opened up so far.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’ve had how many kids told to decommit in the past month? At least 3. Our ranking is down because we’re down to 15 commits. Of course, we’re adding the 4 star transfer from Bama to this class, but he won’t count towards the class ranking. Looks like we must have some upgrades in line to take the others’ place.

Could be wrong though. I’m not totally dialed into recruiting.

Chris Anderson said he felt our class rank would end up near our traditional average.

For a school like WVU, that has become even more challenging after the mess Lyons made for Dana and his staff.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a school like WVU, that has become even more challenging after the mess Lyons made for Dana and his staff.
STOP IT!!!!!!! Dana can not get recruits out of HS, if he had a 100 year extension, he still could not. Stop with the excuses and blame game. Holgorsen has become a better HC, has learned the job to a degree, but recruiting still escapes him.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Anderson from 247 sports verified the challenge Lyons created for Dana in a thread I started last year.

Sorry if the truth hurts...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will agree with you on one thing... Dana does not seem to be the closer that other HC’s like Urban... Nick... Franklin... seem to be.

Dana truly needs to hire some outstanding recruiters.

Our facilities suck. Our position as an Eastern school in a Midwest/southwest conference sucks.

A lot of obstacles to overcome...

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STOP IT!!!!!!! Dana can not get recruits out of HS, if he had a 100 year extension, he still could not. Stop with the excuses and blame game. Holgorsen has become a better HC, has learned the job to a degree, but recruiting still escapes him.
Amen, I didn't buy that stuff before the extension and I aint buying it now. I do agree with bb about some recruiters though. Get Terry Bowden on staff and at least try it.

Last edited:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen, I didn't buy that stuff before the extension and I aint buying it now. I do agree with bb about some recruiters though. Get Terry Bowden on staff and at least try it.

Except you know Chris Anderson has verified that the lack of an extension hurt his recruiting.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except you know Chris Anderson has verified that the lack of an extension hurt his recruiting.
CA sited a few kids that told him that but again, didn't buy it then and don't now, the rankings prove it, extensions just are not that important when the coach ( and staff) can recruit.

We have a school that doesn't even have a coach ahead of us in the rankings for cryin out loud :lol:

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR And Bill Stewart did better in recruiting while we were in the mighty powerful big east.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR And Bill Stewart did better in recruiting while we were in the mighty powerful big east.
I think that being in the b12 has hurt local recruiting, and that other regional schools, spitt, Vpi, cuse, md etc. Are using it against us way more than they are using Holgorsen contract status. I can hear spitts coaches when competing against wvu for a western pa kid saying "would you rather be playing against bc, cuse, vpi, etc or Kansas, iast, tt?"

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stewart couldn't get them to show up on Campus. Dick Rod, was not that impressive. He got lucky having Slaton and White, both were on the bench till injuries made him put them in. He had NO idea what he had.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich probably had it best of anyone. He had a new system for offense that was exciting and productive. He played in a watered down league that had the easiest path to a potential BCS NCG. Kids from up and down the east coast could jump on board for a chance to be a part of the show.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CA sited a few kids that told him that but again, didn't buy it then and don't now, the rankings prove it, extensions just are not that important when the coach ( and staff) can recruit.

We have a school that doesn't even have a coach ahead of us in the rankings for cryin out loud :lol:

Chris may have cited a few kids. This means it happened a whole lot more than what he was told. Most kids won’t report such news.

You can hate all you want... but, it doesn’t change the truth.