• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason thread

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some gems on that list, although the Burger King jersey is the winner. Really surprised this Anaheim third jersey from 1995-96 isn't on the list, it's made most others. It's brutal:

MightyDucks2.png

That Dallas Mooterus one is bad, although I am not overly offended by the Calgary one. I liked that jersey, just not the colors of the horse head on it. Maybe if it was all red or something.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruins going after Jets' d-man.

Rumor: Team preparing aggressive offer sheet in hopes of stealing talented defenseman.

I think all hell will break loose when this geanie comes out of the bottle.

I saw that mentioned on Deadspin and other sites as being pretty far-fetched. It would cost the Bruins Four 1-Round picks (Per those sites, 4!) and make Jacob Trouba one of the top paid defenseman in the league (and makes the offer come in around $9mil/year).

I think the only hint that any of this has any sort of legitimacy is that Peter Chiarelli keeps talking about how there are only 12 true #1 defensemen in the league, so I think D are potentially getting crazy value right now. I don't understand why he would say that when he's trying to trade for a defensemen unless he already knows he won't be able to trade for one, and is just letting the Edmonton fans know ahead of time.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Martin on the Kings' radar. I knew they would look at him because he fits the big, "heavy" hockey player the Kings love. Another B6 player and he is apparently asking for 4 years/$12 million. Just say no.

Plenty of those guys on the roster or in the system, with Lucic 99% gone the Kings need a T6 player. If you're going to pay some money, go after Eriksson or Okposo via free agency otherwise a trade will need to happen.

I don't think Mersch is ready for T6 minutes and Kempe, I don't even know where he is in terms of development. I hear a lot about how good he is, but then again we all heard that about guys like Zultek, Karlsson, Zykov, Kitsyn, etc. so who knows how that will translate to the NHL level.

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about take a chance on a guy like Eric Steal? Should be cheap with potential for a big season.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Brown had a conf call today, not happy with his current status with the team:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree with him on the way it was leaked and how it was handled, I mentioned before Dumbo should be all over the organization trying to find out who let it out before it was announced and either let that person go or have some serious ramifications laid down on them. That was absolute bush league.

It's embarrassing not only as an organization, but as much as I rail on Brown the guy is a human being and shouldn't have been treated like that. I still think it was the right decision, but it was not handled correctly at all.

Back on point, Brown can be upset and go pound sand. His game changed the last 4-5 years which is why he is in this predicament, and that was a choice he made. When he was scoring 25 goals a season it was because of his work ethic and hitting.

I read somewhere the last 4-5 years the average shot distance from him increased every year meaning he was getting further away from the net. He isn't overly skilled and doesn't have a shot like Sakic or Kariya or even Carter, he can't be shooting from 25 feet out. His area of most success is in the paint and up close and he simply stopped doing that years ago.

I'm not sure why he is so surprised at how this all went down, the map is clear as day.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't a bad deal if true for him. I read yesterday the hold up was a NTC/NMC, but if Dumbo can get that done that is awesome.

The Stamkos deal really flattened out the market, which could help the Kings.

CaptnAwesome

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice deal for Looch. Happy DL didn't jump on this one.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was seeking 7 years, ditto. That is a nutso deal for him. I don't think the money is bad, but that term is insane. If he follows the traditional power forward route, his career is essentially done by 31 which is why I thought 4 years would be smart for Dumbo.

More power to him, he got the deal he wanted, but I'm a bit surprised he went to Edmonton considering they are nowhere near to being a PO team let alone championship team. Seems like guys like Sekera and he have a shark grin when free agency comes around knowing a shit team will give them whatever they want. Makes me respect Stamkos, took less money to stay on a good team.

Some of the other deals have been nothing short of insane - Brouwer, Backes, Ladd especially.

LoCal Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the chatter the last few weeks about how Dustin Brown's contract is "untradeable", etc...., it seems like other teams are setting themselves up for the same scenario in 2-4 years with some of these ridiculous contract $$$ and term being dished out this morning.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, a lot of these will turn into Brown contracts in 4 years or less. Welcome to the beginning of Lockout 4.0.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no really saddened by any of the deals so far except for Hamhuis at $3.75mil/year. I think LA could have swung that.

Like everyone else, I'm okay with not resigning Lucic.

Also Brian Campbell to Chicago at only $2mil/year gives the Hawks a legit 4 defensemen again. That's a scary thought (Even though Campbell is 37).

Eric Staal really fell off the map but for only $10.5 over 3 years ($3.5mil/year) that could be a decent move. Would have been nice to have the 3rd line center locked down again, but we can't afford that kind of money for the 3C right now.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Wow I am glad looch said no to LA, 8 year would've killed us even with the AAV being low. Almost another Mike Richards deal.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Kings bring back Zatkoff and Purcell along with some bottom pair D. Also note, Greene was not bought out. Now that Lucic didn't sign with LA there is no need to buy him out