• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason Highlights

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm now entertained/addicted to year round NFL news and notes! Specifically, DUI's, substance abuse violations, PED's, June 1st cap casualties, the resulting second wave of free agency, minicamp and OTA's, suspensions, the supplemental draft (Josh Gordon by Cleveland - it was fun while it lasted), Hard Knocks speculation, Michael Sam's daily itinerary, street free agent finds, injuries to key players on teams on our upcoming schedule, the location and dates of next year's draft, the release of the opponents' for the upcoming year followed months later by the release of the actual schedule with home and away dates, the release of the primetime television schedule, Walterfootball's every other day update of his 2015 mock draft, conflicts in the football and baseball home park dates that baseball won't relent on (Ravens/Orioles conflict that made the Ravens play away instead of home), players bringing guns to nightclubs and shooting themselves in the leg, players making bomb threats, players holding out of mandatory minicamp (go Andre Johnson go) and last but not least -

Where will the Rams be playing after our least expires in St. Louis!

Please add to the list as I'm sure I must have left something important out. :whistle:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnnymanzel!!! How could you forget about him?!?! He made the news because he went to Vegas lol.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - jacob. I forgot my boy Johnny Football's daily itinerary!!!

Also, which member of every year's Super Bowl team who decides not to attend the White House ceremony - Marshawn Lynch this year).

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last evening, I watched a re-run of a Football Life on NFL total network. It was about the Fearsome Foursome and it was narrated by Jennifer Allen, George Allen's daughter who has had three sons of her own. She named two after Deacon Jones and Merlin Olsen and the third son she named after Roman Gabriel. It was great to watch again and witness all of those LA Rams memories especially the lives of the four men on and off the field. Man that was good for the soul!!

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Merlin Olsen was one of my favorites Rams of all time. A class act on and off the field.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro - I saw it last night also for the second time. It will never get old!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Precisely RamCub. Watching those guys just stand there and stare down opposing lineman every play was just plain badass. They were all 6'5" and above, Lamar Lundy was 6'7", Rosey Grier was 6'6" and they all outweighed their opponents by 40-70lbs but the awesome thing was they were all so fast and could catch people like Jim Brown and Gale Sayers FROM BEHIND.

Watching them dominate the line of scrimmage was also completely badass. George Allen got them talent and winning ways. The new elite reminds me so much of the Fearsome Foursome. Like you said, I could watch that NFL Life version repeatedly and it would never get old.

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a slideshow of the OTA's over on the Rams homepage and if Kenny Brit plays to the way he looks, we are going to have little problems at WR this year. The man is huge and a stud. Looks like he has done steroids in the past because the residual effect is evident. I think what is stopping that dude is what is going on between his ears. The slideshow also had to get a picture of our gay dude and he is getting his lunch handed to him. Donald looks smallish but that can be relative in a slideshow.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The latest on the Edward Jones Dome indicates that it is going to need $40mil just to keep going otherwise it'll be flat broke. I also did not know that Kroneke is married to one of the billionaire Walton brats and thus the Rams are partially owned by Walmart. Go figure. At any rate, here is the article link: The Edward Jones Dome is going broke - Turf Show Times

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The latest on the Edward Jones Dome indicates that it is going to need $40mil just to keep going otherwise it'll be flat broke. I also did not know that Kroneke is married to one of the billionaire Walton brats and thus the Rams are partially owned by Walmart. Go figure. At any rate, here is the article link: The Edward Jones Dome is going broke - Turf Show Times

damn it... another reason i hate the supposed cousin that was married to one of the brothers...

I COULD HAVE HAD FREE TICKETS :L

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That totally sucks Red. Any time free tixs are a possibility and then it is whiffed away just takes the life right out any Rams fan worth their weight in salt or gold.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kroenke part of Walmart ownership meaning he has the benefit of the money and is a brilliant investor. He owns numerous teams in a bunch of sports, a year or 2 ago SI ranked him as the 6th most influential man in sports. Another fun fact, Enos Stanley Kroenke is named after Enos Slaughter and Stan Musial.

When people look back at when everyone freaked out about Kroenke buying 60 acres in LA they all failed to mention that it was to build a WalMart on. A real estate tycoon bought land to build a store on and everyone tried to see something something in it.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost another Rams player. TE, Philip Lutzenkirchen was killed Sunday Morning (June 29, 2014) from injuries sustained in a automobile accident. He was a member of the 2010 Auburn National Championship team and spent last year with us on the practice squad and the active roster late in the year.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, that's terrible news Retro!
Kroenke part of Walmart ownership meaning he has the benefit of the money and is a brilliant investor. He owns numerous teams in a bunch of sports, a year or 2 ago SI ranked him as the 6th most influential man in sports. Another fun fact, Enos Stanley Kroenke is named after Enos Slaughter and Stan Musial.

When people look back at when everyone freaked out about Kroenke buying 60 acres in LA they all failed to mention that it was to build a WalMart on.
A real estate tycoon bought land to build a store on and everyone tried to see something something in it.
Now secondly, hold on there a minute mutigers, not so fast!

It was Walmart who sold the land in the first place.

As I recall, the land was purchased long ago to build a Walmart and the community struck down Walmarts efforts to move forward with their plan to build on that site. That is why Walmart sold it to holding company who in turn sold it to Stan.
Walmart sold the land to a New York-based holding company on Jan. 13. The man in charge of selling unwanted real estate for Walmart, Richard Kennard, told the Post-Dispatch that the company generally only sells "to people who are going to develop."
Kroenke's ties to Walmart run deep -- his wife is the daughter of company co-founder Bud Walton and Kroenke also once served on Walmart's company board.
Then there's this...

NFL now has three legitimate Los Angeles stadium sites in play - Audibles - SI.com

By the way rumor has it, that shovel ready site called 'Los Angeles Stadium' at Grand Crossing is now under construction.

Makes me think of that Field of Dreams line...

If you build it, they will come! :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Vita, krappy news about The TE from Auburn. And I still think the Rams will move to LA.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, that's terrible news Retro!Now secondly, hold on there a minute mutigers, not so fast!

It was Walmart who sold the land in the first place.

As I recall, the land was purchased long ago to build a Walmart and the community struck down Walmarts efforts to move forward with their plan to build on that site. That is why Walmart sold it to holding company who in turn sold it to Stan. Then there's this...

NFL now has three legitimate Los Angeles stadium sites in play - Audibles - SI.com

By the way rumor has it, that shovel ready site called 'Los Angeles Stadium' at Grand Crossing is now under construction.

Makes me think of that Field of Dreams line...

If you build it, they will come! :yahoo:

You're right about the Walmart. Much false information on the web about this. Glad you cleared it up.

I live in City of industry.....There's no construction going on that involves a stadium at the moment. I see mini malls and other structures going up in the area but nothing big enough to call a stadium project. I'm also an architect and my company has bid on all of the projects in this area and so far nothing has come to our attention of improving this area more so since good ol Arnold has requested the improvements done to the land before anything is actually built.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All quiet on the building front as it has been for some time. I am fairly certain, Kroneke is moving the Rams back to LA.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right about the Walmart. Much false information on the web about this. Glad you cleared it up.

I live in City of industry.....There's no construction going on that involves a stadium at the moment. I see mini malls and other structures going up in the area but nothing big enough to call a stadium project. I'm also an architect and my company has bid on all of the projects in this area and so far nothing has come to our attention of improving this area more so since good ol Arnold has requested the improvements done to the land before anything is actually built.
They are building right now on the Los Angeles Stadium site @ Grand Crossroads OpenStreetMap. You can correlate that address from here GeoHack - Los Angeles Stadium

You can see many heavy equipment types working on this site. Have you not seen that activity at that location? I assure you it's going on because I have.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lane Johnson, Eagles RT, suspended 4 games for PED use. Too bad it wasn't for 5 games as the Rams play the Eagles in game 5 this year. Probably won't matter much as Johnson is considered a good run blocker but poor pass protector.