• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Packers offseason

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting this started, here are some of the important dates for 2023 offseason

• Feb. 2: East-West Shrine Bowl in Las Vegas.
  • Feb. 4: Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala.
  • Feb. 21-March 7: Franchise/transition player designation period.
  • Feb. 28-March 6: NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.
  • March 7: The deadline for teams to designate franchise and transition tags ends at 1 p.m. PT.
  • March 7: Colleges may begin hosting pro days.
  • March 7-April 19: Teams can host up to 30 non-local, draft-eligible players at their facilities for visits and physical exams, but on-field workouts are not allowed.
  • March 13-15: Pre-free agency legal negotiating window between teams and agents representing players who will become unrestricted free agents, beginning at 9 a.m. PT March 13 and ending at 12:59:59 p.m. PT March 15.
  • March 15 (prior to 1 p.m. PT): All clubs must be under the 2023 salary cap.
  • March 15: New league year begins at 1 p.m. PT. At this time, unrestricted free agent contracts and trades agreed to prior to the start of the new league year can be executed.
  • March 26-29: Annual league meeting in Phoenix, during which NFL and team executives will meet to discuss potential rule changes and other topics.
  • April 3: Start of offseason workout programs for teams with new head coaches.
  • April 17: Start of offseason workout programs for teams with returning head coaches.
  • April 27-29: 2023 NFL Draft in Kansas City, Mo.
  • May 5-8 or 12-15: Clubs can hold their three-day rookie minicamps from Friday through Sunday or Saturday through Monday on one of the two weekends following the draft.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.... Rodgers wanting the spotlight on him again of course from his recent comments I read....

After signing contract stated how happy he was to finish career in Green Bay... apparently that sentiment did not last long (not surprising). Also, Packers organization already said they would like him back.

My assumption he will be back for 1 more year... what could change that IMO is if many of his closer friends on team are not back... Crosby, Cobb, M. Lewis (all free agents), Bakhtiari (may need to renegoiate contract).

Highlighted "MVP"... appears that is where his focus always is.

1674045421042.png

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.... Rodgers wanting the spotlight on him again of course from his recent comments I read....

After signing contract stated how happy he was to finish career in Green Bay... apparently that sentiment did not last long (not surprising). Also, Packers organization already said they would like him back.

My assumption he will be back for 1 more year... what could change that IMO is if many of his closer friends on team are not back... Crosby, Cobb, M. Lewis (all free agents), Bakhtiari (may need to renegoiate contract).

Highlighted "MVP"... appears that is where his focus always is.

View attachment 319249

I sense that quote is somewhat taken out of context. I have a feeling someone explicitly asked him if he can win another league MVP and he answered it appropriately from his personal perspective. I don't hate him for that.

That said, I am not a Rodgers apologist or blind fanboy either; I'm a Green Bay Packers fan. The team is always above individual players for me and the unfortunate circumstance right now is that Rodgers is holding the organization hostage with his contract and waffling. I'm ready to move on to Love now and with that hopefully retain some of the key guys who need new contracts.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sense that quote is somewhat taken out of context. I have a feeling someone explicitly asked him if he can win another league MVP and he answered it appropriately from his personal perspective. I don't hate him for that.

That said, I am not a Rodgers apologist or blind fanboy either; I'm a Green Bay Packers fan. The team is always above individual players for me and the unfortunate circumstance right now is that Rodgers is holding the organization hostage with his contract and waffling. I'm ready to move on to Love now and with that hopefully retain some of the key guys who need new contracts.
The whole situation is sounding like the Packers have been in this position before, gee, i wonder when...I too, am a Packer fan first and to be honest, GB needs a QB that will do everything he can to get his team to the next level and not just himself.

I agree about the MVP quote was somewhat taken out of context but i have a sneaky suspicion that its all about Rodgers and less about GB.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like GB is keeping Barry…I don’t expect to see a consistently good defense once again. I’m sure it’s the pessimist in me but next season is looking like the beginning of the 70’s and 80’s all over again. If 12 comes back it’s hard to say which way the team will go, but if he doesn’t…I can almost guarantee another losing season.

This team will be status quo until the front office changes. For the most part, it’s been one bad decision after another. Buckle up Packer fans, it’s gonna be a bumpy ride.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Jones restructures contact... great player and great human being, good news for Packers.

Took paycut... wish our QB would do that.

Packers about $5.7M over now.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like several free agents cant get out of GB fast enough. Honestly, its time for 12 to leave but i dont see any success from this team for a long long long time. Maybe Love is the next hall of famer...maybe not. My expectations are basically non existent. go pack go...

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like several free agents cant get out of GB fast enough. Honestly, its time for 12 to leave but i dont see any success from this team for a long long long time. Maybe Love is the next hall of famer...maybe not. My expectations are basically non existent. go pack go...
The guys who are leaving are either over-the-hill or overpriced Rodgers buddies; I'm shedding no tears over the guys who left. And there are also a bunch of guys who restructured their contracts so they could stay. What remains in Green Bay are guys who want to be on "team Packers" as opposed to "team Rodgers" and that's exactly how I want it to be.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys who are leaving are either over-the-hill or overpriced Rodgers buddies; I'm shedding no tears over the guys who left. And there are also a bunch of guys who restructured their contracts so they could stay. What remains in Green Bay are guys who want to be on "team Packers" as opposed to "team Rodgers" and that's exactly how I want it to be.

Time to move forward and you're correct, if they don't want to be in Green Bay, then go away.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft will be interesting. There are plenty of needs on both sides of the ball. Hopefully they get some mud to stick.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is now traded so hopefully they'll try to build a complete team.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, i dont see GB being very successful in the short run. If Love pans out, maybe they will have some success. As fans, i think we will see what Lafleaur is made of now that Rodgers is gone.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, i dont see GB being very successful in the short run. If Love pans out, maybe they will have some success. As fans, i think we will see what Lafleaur is made of now that Rodgers is gone.
Have faith!

Packers > Jets in the Super Bowl! :wank:

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok, so we have no idea how this team's final construction is set up, no idea how our competitors teams are set up, hell not even off season workouts or the draft and you have "no faith". Were you alive and watching from the mid 70's to early 90's? If you were, that was the time to have no faith, if you weren't, you don't have a damn clue about no faith or what crap pro football from Green Bay was. So maybe, just maybe watch how the chips fall and see what kind of team they put together, then maybe watch a few games and see what they are, then post your negative opinion over and over...at that point it might even be a worthy opinion

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers fans, remember there were a lot of our own who were calling Rashan Gary a bust his rookie year and even into his second year because he didn't look like a superstar out of the gate. We knew when drafting him that he was a talented project that needed some time to develop. This Van Ness selection follows that same mold. It's unlikely he's gonna come out of the gate terrorizing opposing offenses. Have some patience with him.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so we have no idea how this team's final construction is set up, no idea how our competitors teams are set up, hell not even off season workouts or the draft and you have "no faith". Were you alive and watching from the mid 70's to early 90's? If you were, that was the time to have no faith, if you weren't, you don't have a damn clue about no faith or what crap pro football from Green Bay was. So maybe, just maybe watch how the chips fall and see what kind of team they put together, then maybe watch a few games and see what they are, then post your negative opinion over and over...at that point it might even be a worthy opinion
Take it easy Turbo. Yes, the 70’s thru the early 90’s was a shit show but did you watch GB last year? It was a shit show with a hall of fame QB. I will be optimistic when I see some positive consistency.

Let me guess, you are part of the generation that thinks all the kids should get a trophy in sports. You’re part of the problem this country is soft AF.

Do yourself a favor and EAD.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take it easy Turbo. Yes, the 70’s thru the early 90’s was a shit show but did you watch GB last year? It was a shit show with a hall of fame QB. I will be optimistic when I see some positive consistency.

Let me guess, you are part of the generation that thinks all the kids should get a trophy in sports. You’re part of the problem this country is soft AF.

Do yourself a favor and EAD.

Right, as I watched the 70's and 80's Packers I dreamed of participation trophies...moron