• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Packers offseason

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no real idea what to expect for a result from the upcoming season. I do expect the D to play well and hope the O, Love in particular to show improvement from game 1 to game 17. Just not sure what kind of record to expect....probably something along the lines of winning some games they shouldn't and losing some they shouldn't also...

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schedule is out... 6 PrimeTime games including including the 2 Thursday games with Detroit.

Open and close with Chicago, that is a bit odd for me. Somewhat early bye week.

View attachment 328406

The thing I like most about the schedule is that the Pack start the season against teams also trying to figure things out. That will hopefully allow Love some early success and build some confidence.

I have no real idea what to expect for a result from the upcoming season. I do expect the D to play well and hope the O, Love in particular to show improvement from game 1 to game 17. Just not sure what kind of record to expect....probably something along the lines of winning some games they shouldn't and losing some they shouldn't also...

At this point in time in the pre-preseason, I see the Packers, Lions and Vikings all at .500 ±2 wins and the Bears at .400 ±2. Perceptions will likely adjust some in the preseason.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Offense is so young at WR and first year starting for Love unsure what to expect of offense. Well need to have effective running game and if they do not... could be difficult to put up points.

I also have some hopes for defense... without Gary early on maybe pass rush a bit maligned until he returns. Lukas Van Ness could be next Rashan Gary.. if that is the case... may take some time to develop, but higher ceiling, good locker room guy and comes to play. For now I like the pick.. maybe a bit early... but I assume NE may have had him on board as well and maybe why they traded back.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense is so young at WR and first year starting for Love unsure what to expect of offense. Well need to have effective running game and if they do not... could be difficult to put up points.

I also have some hopes for defense... without Gary early on maybe pass rush a bit maligned until he returns. Lukas Van Ness could be next Rashan Gary.. if that is the case... may take some time to develop, but higher ceiling, good locker room guy and comes to play. For now I like the pick.. maybe a bit early... but I assume NE may have had him on board as well and maybe why they traded back.

Their skill players will be very young except RB. TE and WR will all be 1st and 2nd year guys, their oline got younger last year and unless they shore up...not sure what to think...I am however not disappointed in moving on...it was just time to move forward and see what they have

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals preseason game in the books

- Love played well other than overthrow to TE (think Musgrave) on 3rd down on 1st series
- Clifford some good and bad... TD and some very well placed throws... did have 2 interceptions and 1 pass to flat that was extremely off target
- Wilson looked good at RB and had big 80 yard run
- Defense vs run looked better
- Valentine pick and 3 PDs... has had solid camp and backed it up in game
- Bakh did not play... assume Zach Tom started at LT.. saw on 2nd series he was at RT
- Carlson missed 2 extra points.. if continues Packers could be making a call

Bengals had their starters out to start the game so take it for what it is worth.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, it was against backups, so take it for what it's worth.

One thing that is concerning, guys catching passes in the middle of the Packers D without anybody within 10 yards of them. I hate it when guys are so damn passive in their zones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One thing that is concerning, guys catching passes in the middle of the Packers D without anybody within 10 yards of them. I hate it when guys are so damn passive in their zones

Preseason defenses always play generic so not worried for now.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preseason defenses always play generic so not worried for now.

Unfortunately this has been seen in the regular season as well so...Having no expectations this season will be a lot easier for me to watch and see what happens.

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect a 10-7 season. The new Rookie K will have ups and downs he may win a few games and lose a few games but it comes with the risk the front office has decided to take with him.

I expect Joe Barry to continue with his soft zone until they start getting torn up way too often then MLF will chew him out and he will become more aggressive and start playing more man to man press coverage. The D-line looks improved and the cornerbacks are outstanding. The major concern is the S position. Savage is a 47 PFF which is practice squad level. Ford is decent but it's unknown what we have with the other safeties on the team at this point. The fact that Savage is still on the team is reminiscent of them holding onto Kevin King for way too long and costing them a championship game.

10-7 should be enough to make the postseason and maybe just maybe lock up the division since it's well known the North is garbage this year.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the lions are gonna win your division and the bears will be greatly improved.where that leaves green bay and the vikings i don,t know,but love will be alright once he gets the gif of things.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the lions are gonna win your division and the bears will be greatly improved.where that leaves green bay and the vikings i don,t know,but love will be alright once he gets the gif of things.
Lions are public darlings this preseason, but they're still the f'n Lions. I'll believe it when I see it.

Not saying it can't happen, I'm just not hopping on the "Lions are a good team" bandwagon until I see some legitimate results/proof.