• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Team USA Olympic Thread

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So all you're doing is looking at Corsi stats? I think advanced stats poisons some people, there's nothing better than watching an actual game and seeing for yourself how a team is really playing

No I've watched the Kings plenty as well and I've never thought that their defense looked lacking, so I checked the actual data to see if there was something I was missing.

Yeah, cause god knows I never actually watch hockey. You forgot to mention my mom's basement.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I've watched the Kings plenty as well and I've never thought that their defense looked lacking, so I checked the actual data to see if there was something I was missing.

Yeah, cause god knows I never actually watch hockey. You forgot to mention my mom's basement.

I didn't think trailers had basements...jk nothing wrong with living in trailers, unless you're in a tornado.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does questioning of knowledge of the game, always turn to personal attacks?

:L

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we really need some sarcasm tags on this board.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would certainly help lol Some people jump to conclusion and start with attacks at one another.

I see no reason for it, we're all a bunch of good, knowledgable posters on here :suds:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speak for yourself Johnny, I realized today that I don't know a thing about team Latvia :L

Me neither. I do want to know how Garth missed another goalie though. I don't think he could pick one if his life depended on it. Prove me wrong Garth, prove me wrong!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me neither. I do want to know how Garth missed another goalie though. I don't think he could pick one if his life depended on it. Prove me wrong Garth, prove me wrong!!

Masalskis seemed pretty good to me. If he's available someone should pick him up. He went toe to toe with Hiller until 7.6 seconds left.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Masalskis seemed pretty good to me. If he's available someone should pick him up. He went toe to toe with Hiller until 7.6 seconds left.

He had to make more & better saves to. Considering the fact Hiller is already making 4 plus million per year & will possibly get more as an UFA some team should sign Masalskis. Who knows they could have the next Arturs Irbe. I love stories like this in which players come out of nowhere.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had to make more & better saves to. Considering the fact Hiller is already making 4 plus million per year & will possibly get more as an UFA some team should sign Masalskis. Who knows they could have the next Arturs Irbe. I love stories like this in which players come out of nowhere.

This guy has been in the Latvian league or whatever it is, for a while now - I don't know if he'd come to the NHL or not

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, someone is bound to take notice with the way he played today. I know I did. Felt really bad for him at the end.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's only one game though. Any goalie playing anywhere close to the NHL is capable of pulling that off for one game (hell, the Belarus goalie in 2002 was playing in the United League, wasn't he?), the trick is in having the skill and consistency to do that every night. The difference between 4 goals and zero goals is often very small.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy has been in the Latvian league or whatever it is, for a while now - I don't know if he'd come to the NHL or not

He plays in the Slovakian league I believe. I doubt he'd leave everything behind and come to North America to play, and I doubt anyone would expect him to.