• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Smackdown thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some talk on the sheets that WWE are trying to rehire Aleister Black.

He'd be a fool right now to go back imo. They disrespected you for months by not giving you anything to do, then fire you, and you re-sign because they say they'll do better? Nah. No way I'd trust my employer if I was in his shoes. I'd need a big pay increase and way more concrete assurances before going back. He's good enough to be a star in AEW or NJPW. Go show WWE how much they fucked up and you can demand more from them in a couple of years.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some talk on the sheets that WWE are trying to rehire Aleister Black.

He'd be a fool right now to go back imo. They disrespected you for months by not giving you anything to do, then fire you, and you re-sign because they say they'll do better? Nah. No way I'd trust my employer if I was in his shoes. I'd need a big pay increase and way more concrete assurances before going back. He's good enough to be a star in AEW or NJPW. Go show WWE how much they fucked up and you can demand more from them in a couple of years.
Or he goes to nxt and is the one to beat Kross.

because literally no one else on the current roster should

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or he goes to nxt and is the one to beat Kross.

because literally no one else on the current roster should

Ahem!!!!!!!!!!!

Good thing you mention him

seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That HIAC was a waste of a HIAC match. Match itself was fine, but the cage was unnecessary. WWE is doing its best job to make HIAC feel less special. They need to do away with the PPV and stop using it on random matches like this one tonight. Save it for only special occasions

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or was Edge looking pretty jacked tonight?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or was Edge looking pretty jacked tonight?
He looked good.

I don’t love wwe burned his rumble win comeback story the way they did.

he’s a rare legit challenger to dethrone Roman…and there aren’t many of those left right now

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That HIAC was a waste of a HIAC match. Match itself was fine, but the cage was unnecessary. WWE is doing its best job to make HIAC feel less special. They need to do away with the PPV and stop using it on random matches like this one tonight. Save it for only special occasions

I was listening to the Wrestletalk boys on Wednesday and Oli was talking about this.

Apparently, Fox hated the fact that they, WWE, were "endorsing a competitions streaming service", so to appease them, WWE gave them a Hell in a Cell match.

NBC Universal got their panties in a knot and wanted one too. Thus Woods/Lashley in HIAC on Monday

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zelina Vega back with WWE and on SD.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is from PWInsider in response to a question about Vega;

These are a lot of questions! I will address them all here as, after making some phone calls last night and this morning, this is what we can ascertain about the situation.

We are told that even after Vega was released, there were segments of the company who felt she should have been retained and not released. We are told those segments of the company pushed for conversations between the two sides to continue. They eventually did and we are told that after a long period of back and forth conversations, WWE execs apologized to Vega and made her an offer to return. Eventually, she decided to go through that open door and signed back with the company. There are differing accounts as to when that happened. One source told me May. Another told me it was much sooner than that but all sides opted to keep it quiet so they could strategize a return. Why they waited until now, only WWE could answer but they also signed Eva Marie and had her sitting around for nine months. Vega was backstage last week but had not been at any TVs beyond that in recent months.

So, why did she return? The two sides made amends and came to a compromise. That is how business works. We are told everyone came to an understanding on the other sides' perspective. She grew up wanting to be in WWE. Why wouldn't she return if all sides cleared the air?

As far as cutting Vega's throat off, they announced she's in Money in the Bank, which is already a stronger push as a wrestler then she had received on the main roster. She had been mostly used as a manager with the exception of the Asuka bouts right before she was released last year. To me, that's a good sign, especially since her promo was great last night. They plugged her into the Liv Morgan story. She may have lost but it wasn't like she was Barry Horowitz. It was Liv sneaking a win. If they use Vega consistently, then she's in a better position than she was on Raw. So, we'll see where it goes but the fact she's on Smackdown gives me more faith given the creative is consistently stronger on the blue brand. If she's getting wiped out every week, then I agree but I don't see last night as any sort of burial.

Finally, as of now, Aleister Black is not back with the company. Like with Vega, there were some who felt his release was premature and have pushed for him to return but we haven't heard of him signing or even in deep discussions to return. It may be he wants to see how the waters are outside of WWE and if I am him, with AEW, New Japan, etc. I'd certainly want to see what is out there on the open market.

As far as Twitch, to the best of my knowledge, it was ongoing, so my guess is it continues on in some form. I don't know enough about the Twitch world to tell you much about it.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is from PWInsider in response to a question about Vega;

These are a lot of questions! I will address them all here as, after making some phone calls last night and this morning, this is what we can ascertain about the situation.

We are told that even after Vega was released, there were segments of the company who felt she should have been retained and not released. We are told those segments of the company pushed for conversations between the two sides to continue. They eventually did and we are told that after a long period of back and forth conversations, WWE execs apologized to Vega and made her an offer to return. Eventually, she decided to go through that open door and signed back with the company. There are differing accounts as to when that happened. One source told me May. Another told me it was much sooner than that but all sides opted to keep it quiet so they could strategize a return. Why they waited until now, only WWE could answer but they also signed Eva Marie and had her sitting around for nine months. Vega was backstage last week but had not been at any TVs beyond that in recent months.

So, why did she return? The two sides made amends and came to a compromise. That is how business works. We are told everyone came to an understanding on the other sides' perspective. She grew up wanting to be in WWE. Why wouldn't she return if all sides cleared the air?

As far as cutting Vega's throat off, they announced she's in Money in the Bank, which is already a stronger push as a wrestler then she had received on the main roster. She had been mostly used as a manager with the exception of the Asuka bouts right before she was released last year. To me, that's a good sign, especially since her promo was great last night. They plugged her into the Liv Morgan story. She may have lost but it wasn't like she was Barry Horowitz. It was Liv sneaking a win. If they use Vega consistently, then she's in a better position than she was on Raw. So, we'll see where it goes but the fact she's on Smackdown gives me more faith given the creative is consistently stronger on the blue brand. If she's getting wiped out every week, then I agree but I don't see last night as any sort of burial.

Finally, as of now, Aleister Black is not back with the company. Like with Vega, there were some who felt his release was premature and have pushed for him to return but we haven't heard of him signing or even in deep discussions to return. It may be he wants to see how the waters are outside of WWE and if I am him, with AEW, New Japan, etc. I'd certainly want to see what is out there on the open market.

As far as Twitch, to the best of my knowledge, it was ongoing, so my guess is it continues on in some form. I don't know enough about the Twitch world to tell you much about it.

Black is pretty dumb if he goes back to WWE right now. They stagnated him once he got called up to where there were reports he was asking for his release. They smoothed things over, he started getting a push, and then they fire him. You better get some big time money and assurances to go back immediately after that. I'll feel no sympathy for him if he signs back and is in the same spot within 5 months.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat McAfee is one of the better things to happen to smackdown
He has filled graves huge shoes quite well.

graves has been badly needed in raw though

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keep an eye on Kaylee Rae.

Just lost her NXT UK Women's title after long run

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And belair’s reign has been a total dud.

perfect time for new blood

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

She did just get married though so I don't think she or WWE is in any rush to bring her stateside fulltime.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. What a total bummer about Bayley. Been doing the best work of her career the last year or so.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Finn keeps the same character he had in NXT and doesn't go back to the vanilla, smiley face Finn they had him being the last time he was on the main roster