• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck......

And Shayna/Reggie next week. Hmm that's seems interesting

another match where Reggie does a few flips, attempts zero offense and eventually loses.

we’ve already seen it twice before

they both sucked huge donkey balls

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

About Fucking Time. We needed someone who loves wrestling WITH A PASSION in that seat

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

About Fucking Time. We needed someone who loves wrestling WITH A PASSION in that seat

yeah, for a guy who was supposed to be a big wrestling fan you just couldn’t feel it

I get calling baseball is much different, but he was too passive and deferential to graves and...Byron, who must have photos of wwe management kicking puppies or some shit

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the dark side of Riddle that is coming out. Hitting Woods with a RKO...I like it.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, for a guy who was supposed to be a big wrestling fan you just couldn’t feel it

I get calling baseball is much different, but he was too passive and deferential to graves and...Byron, who must have photos of wwe management kicking puppies or some shit

I don't think he ever said he was a big fan. He was clearly an outsider. Adnan is a really nice guy and talented. This was just a bad fit for both sides from the start. They also did him no favors whatsoever throwing him out there in the deep end like they did when he had no prior experience.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he ever said he was a big fan. He was clearly an outsider. Adnan is a really nice guy and talented. This was just a bad fit for both sides from the start. They also did him no favors whatsoever throwing him out there in the deep end like they did when he had no prior experience.

I wonder how Jimmy Smith, former UFC Announcer, would far

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meltzer reporting that Nick Khan of WWE has had talked about a possible partnership with New Japan. Early stages so far. Nothing concrete.

That would certainly be something

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PWInsider with more details. Sounds like Meltzer overstated the depths of the deal and it was more about discussions of seeing if Daniel Bryan could work some New Japan dates

There was a report earlier today from Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer about WWE reaching out to New Japan Pro Wrestling about a potential working agreement. Since that report began making the rounds, we've heard from a number of readers asking whether there is anything to it. We are told there is and there isn't.
PWInsider.com has been told today by sources from each company that there have been communications between the two sides for several months but the main crux of it was over the potential of Daniel Bryan being able to potentially work some dates in NJPW. Whether anything has come from those discussions remain to be seen. Is it possible the two sides could build a bridge to each other? Sure, but if so, it's not happening right now and it's not something that has happened yet despite talking for some time off and on.
So, This is not a case where any sort of talks are about to lead to New Japan immediately pulling up stakes with their current working agreement or NJPW talents making some sort of shocking appearance on Raw. AEW's Jon Moxley has possession of the IWGP United States title, plus Yuji Nagata worked for them several weeks ago plus Roppongi Vice just reunited in AEW. Meanwhile, Satoshi Kojima just made his Impact Wrestling debut. Don't expect anything in regard to those promotions' relationships with NJPW to change anytime soon, if at all.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PWInsider with more details. Sounds like Meltzer overstated the depths of the deal and it was more about discussions of seeing if Daniel Bryan could work some New Japan dates
So Bryan’s contract didn’t expire?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Bryan’s contract didn’t expire?

It has. These talks have been going on for the last couple of months. It's still very much a possibility he'll re-sign some time down the road. He stated in interviews even before his contract expired he wanted to take some time off to heal up and be with his family. I wouldn't be totally shocked if he showed up at Double or Nothing on Sunday, but if I made Vegas odds, I'd still put WWE as the comfortable favorite for him

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has. These talks have been going on for the last couple of months. It's still very much a possibility he'll re-sign some time down the road. He stated in interviews even before his contract expired he wanted to take some time off to heal up and be with his family. I wouldn't be totally shocked if he showed up at Double or Nothing on Sunday, but if I made Vegas odds, I'd still put WWE as the comfortable favorite for him

I do Perfect Picks on Bleacher report. Me is my winner in the Battle royal.

Well the Mystery man is

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do Perfect Picks on Bleacher report. Me is my winner in the Battle royal.

Well the Mystery man is

There's no way he's winning the Battle Royal. If he shows up, it'll probably be at the end of the show to stare down Omega. (I actually think Andrade shows up in this spot to start the build to their AAA title match). Don't know who wins the BR, probably Christian, but I bet the mystery man will be Paul Wight. He's doing commentary and I bet he stands up and enters the match.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way he's winning the Battle Royal. If he shows up, it'll probably be at the end of the show to stare down Omega. (I actually think Andrade shows up in this spot to start the build to their AAA title match). Don't know who wins the BR, probably Christian, but I bet the mystery man will be Paul Wight. He's doing commentary and I bet he stands up and enters the match.

Would make for some fun viewing.

Especially if Johnny Hungy is involved.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some interesting moves going on with WWE right now. They brought in 3 new Board of Directors from outside the company. Nick Khan, who was recently brought in as the WWE President last August. Steve Koonin, has been the CEO for Turner Entertainment and Coca Cola is years past. Connor Schell, who use to be in charge of content at ESPN. This comes after Khan laid off a bunch of behind the scenes employees are couple of weeks ago and consolidated several of WWE's business operations. And now Fightful is reporting there's likely another round of BIG cuts coming, possibly talented related.

This is leading some to speculate, and I'm with them, that something is in the works.

Vince is gonna put WWE up for sale

A lot of these moves are cleaning up the books, streamlining operations to make it more appealing for potential buyers. You see this a lot in the corporate world when a company brings in outside people, they make a bunch of changes to cut costs, then they sell the company. The new BoD members, given their background, are there to appeal to potential buyers as well. They all have big corporate ties so any potential buyer is more comfortable with them, and thus won't see WWE as just some "rasslin" company. They give them real corporate cred.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some interesting moves going on with WWE right now. They brought in 3 new Board of Directors from outside the company. Nick Khan, who was recently brought in as the WWE President last August. Steve Koonin, has been the CEO for Turner Entertainment and Coca Cola is years past. Connor Schell, who use to be in charge of content at ESPN. This comes after Khan laid off a bunch of behind the scenes employees are couple of weeks ago and consolidated several of WWE's business operations. And now Fightful is reporting there's likely another round of BIG cuts coming, possibly talented related.

This is leading some to speculate, and I'm with them, that something is in the works.

Vince is gonna put WWE up for sale

A lot of these moves are cleaning up the books, streamlining operations to make it more appealing for potential buyers. You see this a lot in the corporate world when a company brings in outside people, they make a bunch of changes to cut costs, then they sell the company. The new BoD members, given their background, are there to appeal to potential buyers as well. They all have big corporate ties so any potential buyer is more comfortable with them, and thus won't see WWE as just some "rasslin" company. They give them real corporate cred.

I completely agree that this seems like a real possibility.

however, why sell the rights to peacock when abc/espn supposedly wanted to buy the whole damn thing when the network rights went up for bid