• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you getting 2-3 months. Everything out there says 6 months minimum.

my bad. The 1st thing i saw said 2-3 monthes(which is why i said how awesome Survivor Series is going to be). It was updated to 4-6.

Late second entry in RR?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a terrible string of luck for Raw; both Finn and Sasha out significant time with injuries.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dudleyz are officially done tonight was legitimate.

Source: PWInsider

The Dudley Boyz' farewell tonight on Raw was a legitimate one as Bubba Ray and D-Von Dudley officially departed the company tonight and are once again free agents, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

PWInsider.com reported several weeks ago that the team had come to terms for a new deal with the company. Sources indicate that while that was correct, the new deals had not yet been officially executed and at some point over the last seven days, WWE and the Dudleys amicably agreed to part ways and that the team would finish out on Raw, dropping the teased split of the team that had been built over the last several weeks.

The angle with Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson laying out the Dudleys was designed to put some heel heat on The Club for ruining The Dudleys' farewell as well as leave a door open for a storyline if at some point the two sides decide to do business again.

We are told that when the farewell segment was over and Bubba Ray and D-Von returned to the locker room, the entire Raw roster as well as all of WWE management, including the McMahons, were waiting for them to give them a standing ovation and to greet them.

What the Dudleys' next move will be remains unclear as of this writing. The team returned last year to WWE, appearing for the company for the first time since June 2005. They had a run with WWE Tag Team champions New Day but of late, had not been in a featured position. The planned split appeared to be poised to set up Bubba Ray Dudley for a singles run.

Prior to their 2015 WWE return, the team had split up during their time in TNA, which led to Bubba Ray getting the biggest singles push of his career under his "Bully Ray" moniker, including a run with the TNA championship.

The pair operate the Team 3D Wrestling Academy outside of Orlando, Florida.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Balor tore his labrum. I know the pain of that injury, as I tore mine in June 2015, and had surgery in January to repair it. When the injury first occurred, it was several days before the worst of the pain subsided. I do not know how Balor was able to finish the match. I started physical therapy 2 weeks after surgery, and had PT every other day for 2 months. I still do not have full motion or strength back, but it gets better every day. I'd imagine Balor will have surgery sometime within the next 2 weeks, so him returning at the Royal Rumble is a very likely scenario.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
String of bad luck?

Sting. Balor. Himself. I think there were a couple others. Didn't Cena break his nose?

What am I talking about?

Matches involving Seth Rollins sure seem to end up with a high number of individuals getting hurt.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
String of bad luck?

Sting. Balor. Himself. I think there were a couple others. Didn't Cena break his nose?

What am I talking about?

Matches involving Seth Rollins sure seem to end up with a high number of individuals getting hurt.
I agree. They did away with the curb stomp because it was giving wrestler's concussions. Who wants to bet we won't see the buckle bomb used again?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
String of bad luck?

What am I talking about?

Yeah
I agree. They did away with the curb stomp because it was giving wrestler's concussions. Who wants to bet we won't see the buckle bomb used again?

I liked seeing Rollins head snapping against the turnbuckles with those drop kicks from Balor, payback. Especially sucked they were not banned after sting got hurt. But in all honesty, its a stupid move, you are walking across the ring with the other guys dick on your mouth before you let him go. Rollins should want to stop it on his own.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
String of bad luck?

What am I talking about?

Seth Rollins deserves 0 blame for Balor's injury, the Sting one was partly his fault but Balor's was 100% on Balor. If you watch the spot Balor tried to brace for imapact by using his shoulder to grab the top of the barricade and that's what caught him. I like both guys so it's not a case of me just hating on Balor but you can't blame Rollins for Balor taking the move wrong, Seth did everything he could correctly.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
String of bad luck?

What am I talking about?

In no way was Rollins responsible for Sting. Sting has a degenerative condition that's due to YEARS of damage. He was essentially a time bomb. No one move caused it. He could just as easily triggered it taking a practice fall as he did being in the ring with anyone else.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WWE/Steph fined Brock $500 for his actions at Summer Slam. How's the guy supposed to feed his family paying such punitive fines??? :D :D :D

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Buckle bomb needs banned and Seth needs to be more careful with other wrestlers

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I watched the Ric Flair/Shawn Michaels retirement match on the network recently and Michaels obviously carried the match. It was the cliched "great match with a broomstick". Michaels did all of the high risk offense and took every bump. I can't imagine they discussed Flair taking a buckle bomb in the match. If late 50 somethings are going to work a match it needs to be as low impact as possible. I don't blame Rollins or Sting for it. But it needs to be a general learning experience for the entire lockerroom.

With that said I don't think you should ban the move altogether. Bret Hart's career was ended by a sloppy kick. You can't take kicks out of wresting. People are going to injured. It's inevitable. Everyone just needs to work as smart as possible.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rollins just needs to do better. How many people has hurt in the last year or so? Sting, Cena, Balor. These were all serious injuries too.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rollins just needs to do better. How many people has hurt in the last year or so? Sting, Cena, Balor. These were all serious injuries too.

One. He's hurt one person where its his fault. The Cena injury was a freak accident. He broke his nose in a situation that was a timing fuck up between both men where Cena ran a tad too far and Rollins didn't pull his strike enough. Sting had a pre-existing condition that he didn't know about. Literally ANY bump could have triggered his numbness. Balor got hurt on an awkward throw on a barricade (which is awkward to land on anyway). That one is on Rollins because he probably could have had a better throw (though whoever planned it out ahead of time like they do with most big spots should probably rethink that one since its really hard to pull off right regardless of the throw). So its one dude. People need to stop flipping the fuck out. People didn't even go this nuts when the Styles Clash injured like 4 people in the span of a year.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The difference between the Styles Clash and the Rollins injuries is the perception is that it was green guys on the Indies that botched the move as opposed to Styles. If he injured Sting, Balor, and Cena the move would be banned and Styles rep would have taken a bigger hit than it did. There was controversy over it.

For anyone who's never seen a botched Styles Clash this is what happens the guy taking it tucks their chin as opposed to keeping their head up. I was surprised he's allowed to do it in the WWE but if Cena, Jericho etc are willing to take it they must think it's 100 percent safe.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a terrible string of luck for Raw; both Finn and Sasha out significant time with injuries.

Fin needs to stay out. Especially if he's going to keep doing that stupid demon king.