• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy thinks he's worth more than company thinks he's worth, that's like the story of every person in America. Not saying Cody shouldn't have been used better but in no way shape or form do Cody Rhodes and Seth Rollins belong in the same sentence when it comes to pushes in WWE.

Sorry Should have bolded the part of the Quote i was refering too. The part about WWE Creative/Writing Department (Whatever you want to call it) fucking up

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then the fans that boo him because it's cool(and there's a ton don't kid yourself) would get what they want and likely either cheer him to be difficult or just not care at all because now it's no fun to boo him.

Honestly Roman is fine because right now he isn't a face or a heel, he's a person who does what he wants. WWE isn't booking him like some sugar sweet baby kisser but they also aren't booking him like some scumbag who bags on the crowd. They book him like a person who just wants to fight to keep his title and that's the role he should be in.

People who don't like Roman seem to be blinded by the fact that just because he isn't trashing the crowd he is some mega face when in reality that isn't the case. Hell I don't even care for him that much but I'm not blinded my hate of him to see that.

I Never have been blinded. Cool part maybe but blinded never.

I'm just not a huge fan of People been shoved down my throats well guys who work there asses off get squashed. Dolph is a good sample case

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Never have been blinded. Cool part maybe but blinded never.

I'm just not a huge fan of People been shoved down my throats well guys who work there asses off get squashed. Dolph is a good sample case

Dolph makes people look good and you need people like that in a company. Remember Tito Santana? He was a great mid card talent that helped the company but he was never a main event player and it sucks if you like that person but not everyone can be at the top of the card. You need a good hand in the middle that will make their opponent look good and Dolph gives you that.

And in Dolph's case he has a history of not always listening when he's told to do something and while it sucks if you like him and want him to be pushed better people often forget that WWE is a company and if Vince is gonna trust you to be one of the top players in his company he needs to know he can trust you. If you owned a business and you were choosing a guy to put in charge of your business and had a choice between a guy who in the past has sometimes ignored direction you've given him or a guy who has done everything you've asked him too plus more you're going with guy #2 every time.

Obviously Vince has a preference for larger wrestlers we've seen it for the past 40 years but the difference between people like Roman Reigns and The Great Khali is that you can tell Reigns is trying to get better he isn't just accepting he's a top guy and being content staying where he is. He's committed to getting better on the mic and it's working and he's committed to getting better in the ring and it's working. Maybe not to some people's liking but you don't have to question his loyalty to WWE and his drive to get better and that's what will keep him a main eventer.

I'm not saying I love 100% of WWE all the times I can admit they have faults but Roman Reigns being champion and not being a flat out heel isn't one of them. I may not agree with the way he's always been booked but right now they're not booking Reigns like he's Cena, they're not booking Reigns like he's some happy go lucky babyface but the internet have already made up their minds and they wont change them no matter what.

Like I said I don't even really like Reigns I'd rather prefer Rollins, Owens, or Cesaro to be in his place but I can look at things objectively and see why he's currently at the top and none of it has to do with Vince loving huge guys more than he does the internet darlings or they need a new John Cena.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if anyone of you watched the Shane special on the network last night but he seemed to give the impression he wasnt to happy with the direction of creative when he left and now when he came back. I hope he gets involved somehow with creative like back at the beginning of the attitude era.

I have not seen it yet, but I did see an article that some of shanes ideas with creative were used at extreme rules, and it was the ppv of the year so far.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 8427066, member: 8777"

I'm not saying I love 100% of WWE all the times I can admit they have faults but Roman Reigns being champion and not being a flat out heel isn't one of them. I may not agree with the way he's always been booked but right now they're not booking Reigns like he's Cena, they're not booking Reigns like he's some happy go lucky babyface but the internet have already made up their minds and they wont change them no matter what.

Like I said I don't even really like Reigns I'd rather prefer Rollins, Owens, or Cesaro to be in his place but I can look at things objectively and see why he's currently at the top and none of it has to do with Vince loving huge guys more than he does the internet darlings or they need a new John Cena.[/QUOTE]

This is why I think it is now a pissing contest between Vince getting what he wants and the internet whiners thinking they can control things.

Its really hard to agree with you that Vince loves the huge guys since over the past few years we have seen 170 pound Rey Mysterio, 200 pound Daniel Bryan, 215 pound Seth Rollins, and 205 pound CM Punk. Bottom line, the little guys show they cannot keep up with the schedule and end up hurt. Even thru Punks long title reign, he sat on the stage alot since he was not cleared to wrestle.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cesaro is the only face that could be a decent champ. Needs more work on the mic first, but I think he could get there.

As far as the little guys getting hurt, it is because they are flying all over the place and throwing their bodies around. Most big guys barely leave their feet.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought Reigns/Styles at ER was a classic. Styles is the vet and is obviously a better worker at this point but he in no way, shape or form "carried" Roman. RR is a powerhouse and he's so athletic for his size. AJ's a bump machine and it meshed perfectly with Romans offense. Roman keeps getting better and better in ring. He's not a world class worker yet but when he gets there it's going to be special. A more fluid and athletic version of Cena in the ring. 4 plus star matches with Rollins, Owens, Zayn, Neville etc... Sign me up.
I initially thought Roman was pushed too fast for his own good. I thought he could have benefited from a heel run to find his voice in the MIC. But as long as he delivers like Sunday it doesn't matter to me how much he gets booed.

As far as Rollins goes he's clearly thier 1A investment with Roman. He's going to turn face and it's going to be epic. Everyone in their company knows this I'm sure. They're waiting on the right time. It's inevitable.

With AJ I'm out of superlatives. That performance was off the charts Sunday. Please give me Cena /Styles at SS

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, you can DVR Raw. I do every week so I can fast-forward thru ads and lame segments.

USA must mean spoiler proof???

The move is being done, in part, because USA wanted more DVR-proof content. In other words, they wanted more live programming rather than programming that can be watched later on DVR or on demand. Live content is more attractive to advertisers and this move would make Smackdown seem more like a “must-watch” show especially if they are putting more effort into keeping storylines fresh.

I dont do DVR, so I dont know, but it sure sounds like USA is a little lost.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The move is being done, in part, because USA wanted more DVR-proof content. In other words, they wanted more live programming rather than programming that can be watched later on DVR or on demand. Live content is more attractive to advertisers and this move would make Smackdown seem more like a “must-watch” show especially if they are putting more effort into keeping storylines fresh.

I dont do DVR, so I dont know, but it sure sounds like USA is a little lost.
Yes, USA is lost. I DVR live events all the time wrestling, football, hockey, baseball, etc... and watch them later. Sometimes it's same day but not always. Being live or taped has no bearing on what I choose to DVR. Maybe that's just me but I doubt it very much.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good article but it will still come down to how well creative executes a brand split this time. Hopefully the newly promoted guy from NXT Creative makes a big difference!!!

He's too busy hitting on NXT divas if you listen to Cody Rhodes.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also WWE will hold a drat so it looks like this will be a 100% split. The only thing we don't know yet is if there will be separate Raw and SD PPV's like we used to get.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also WWE will hold a drat so it looks like this will be a 100% split. The only thing we don't know yet is if there will be separate Raw and SD PPV's like we used to get.
I hope not. The separate PPVs got so thin on matches let alone good matches toward the end.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope not. The separate PPVs got so thin on matches let alone good matches toward the end.

Only because WWE had such little talent back then they couldn't sustain separate shows. Now they have a ton more talent and with the addition of NXT they have a sustainable development organization where they didn't have that before.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only because WWE had such little talent back then they couldn't sustain separate shows. Now they have a ton more talent and with the addition of NXT they have a sustainable development organization where they didn't have that before.
They had the talent at first and then injuries took their toll on the roster.