• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont feel so bad for big show when he is asked to wear a diaper anymore

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another black friday(last one was 2004 i think)

Cuts so far:

Damien Sandow
Hornswoggle
El torito
Cameron
Alex Riley
King barrett
Santino Marrella
Zeb coliter

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another black friday(last one was 2004 i think)

Cuts so far:

Damien Sandow
Hornswoggle
El torito
Cameron
Alex Riley
King barrett
Santino Marrella
Zeb coliter

No real surprises (though Santino still being on the roster is a surprise). Barrett had already come out and said he wasn't going to renew his contract when it ran out this summer. I almost expect more to come. They've got a ton of talent on hand with the recent NXT call ups. No way everyone can get TV time

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No real surprises (though Santino still being on the roster is a surprise). Barrett had already come out and said he wasn't going to renew his contract when it ran out this summer. I almost expect more to come. They've got a ton of talent on hand with the recent NXT call ups. No way everyone can get TV time

I remember alot of talent coming up from developmental in 2005 after this. SOme completely bombed (simon dean) others Succeeded (Bobby Lashey)

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really doesn't though. Its an entertainment show not unlike a movie or a play. The draws get paid more. The bit players get paid less. Bit players are an essential part of the show, but they are still just bit players. It's always been that way and quite frankly, that's how it should be. Just because you job to Cena, doesn't mean you get Cena money. People aren't there for you, they are there for Cena. He's butthurt because his WWE career isn't going how he thought it would (a large part is he's just not good) and he's using this equal pay shit as a shield. He knows he's probably not going to be able to elevate himself to a higher paygrade as the Over people so he's trying get "equal" pay.
Don't get me wrong, you do have your top guys such as Cena and Rollins, that do deserve more money. I get that. Ryback has headlined PPV's, as both a face, and a heel. He's not a huge draw, but he puts in the work to get the job done. Surely he's worth at least $1 million bucks as much TV time as he gets, and as much merchandise as he sells.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
colter was a waste, but they really had something with Sandow and his impersonations of wrestlers that they let fall thru the cracks. Thought at minimum he should have been included in the social outcasts. You get little guys over with the crowd like punk and bryan, now enzo, but the most over guy does not get to join in.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, you do have your top guys such as Cena and Rollins, that do deserve more money. I get that. Ryback has headlined PPV's, as both a face, and a heel. He's not a huge draw, but he puts in the work to get the job done. Surely he's worth at least $1 million bucks as much TV time as he gets, and as much merchandise as he sells.

WWE would be running at a loss if they were doling out $1M to all these guys, considering the company over the past 4 years has an average yearly net income of just $7M.

The old adage in business is that a worker should be bringing in at least 5x their income as revenues to the firm. So if they pay Ryback $1M, I certainly don't think his name/contributions are bringing in $5M+ to WWE annually (if they release him and replace him with the next guy from NXT, it would be a stretch to think that WWE would be losing $5M year because of that decision).

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like Stan said, he's not getting a million bucks. I don't know what his pay is but there's only a small handful of guys that are pulling in 7 figures. My guess is its probably something respectable in the 6 figures though. JR wrote mention the situation in his most recent blog ( OklaMania Info..Upcoming Ross Report Podcast Guests..Ryback/WWE..Stone Cold..Ingles Markets | J.R.'s Family Bar-B-Q ) and its interesting to read his take on it considering he handled payroll for many years when he was with WWE. He didn't go into much detail but he sort of subtly said that what Ryback was saying is bullshit (at least with the winners/losers thing). If he wants to argue for more money/benefits/accomodations personally, go for it. But the equal pay thing is just nonsense.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Roman/AJ feud is great stuff

I was disappointed they gave Cass and Jericho the final match, I thought for sure it would be the samoans vs the club.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE would be running at a loss if they were doling out $1M to all these guys, considering the company over the past 4 years has an average yearly net income of just $7M.

The old adage in business is that a worker should be bringing in at least 5x their income as revenues to the firm. So if they pay Ryback $1M, I certainly don't think his name/contributions are bringing in $5M+ to WWE annually (if they release him and replace him with the next guy from NXT, it would be a stretch to think that WWE would be losing $5M year because of that decision).

Isnt Gross the number that the salaries are based off of? Gross income minus payroll, trucks, riggers etc come up with the net income?

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isnt Gross the number that the salaries are based off of? Gross income minus payroll, trucks, riggers etc come up with the net income?
Yes, Net Income (NI) is after you've paid all operating expenses including salaries/payroll. NI is usually stated before and after taxes.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
colter was a waste, but they really had something with Sandow and his impersonations of wrestlers that they let fall thru the cracks. Thought at minimum he should have been included in the social outcasts. You get little guys over with the crowd like punk and bryan, now enzo, but the most over guy does not get to join in.

I thought Colter was hilarious. When he was with Swagger, he was one of the few guys that could still cross that line over PG-13 territory and be politically incorrect. They don't have enough of the old school manager types and he was one of the few.

Agree on Sandow. They wasted his talent from Day 1. Hope he lands somewhere else and becomes a headliner.

Hornswoggle wouldn't take a pay cut?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colter would have been good if he didnt stumble over his words. When he started riding out on the cart and still stumbling over his words it was all for me. I thought they tried to pressure Paul E Dangerously by having another top manager there, blew up in their face.

Speaking of managers, someone posted the old nudies of Maryse on Reddit, pre baby making days.