• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a little disappointed with Raw. Vince let Shane take over Raw, but then we barely saw Shane after that. Vince had a huge scene getting into the limo because he didn't want to see Raw crumble, then wasn't really mentioned, I think.

The thing with the Women's belt drug on and on. I was just paying attention to the other girls' faces as they had "Why am I even out here?" look. I was waiting for Lynch or Banks to attack her or Paige to interrupt.

They showed Shane backstage a few times, once he talked to Roman about staying around to watch the 4 way for his number one contender, once with Ric and Charolette. I was hoping it was back to the old days, where the promoter guy would be watching the match and then wire into the referee who allows the wrestlers to get to the point in the script where they are both down and the ref is checking on them, at which point the ref gives the direction of who was going to win. Not based on the script before the match, but based on their performance during that match. That would be a welcome change for me.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They threw a huge curveball to me with Cesaro. How many times has a guy come back from an injury and lose. I figured he was a shoe in over Styles who just lost to Jericho.

Yup, WWE wasted Cesaro's return.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They showed Shane backstage a few times, once he talked to Roman about staying around to watch the 4 way for his number one contender, once with Ric and Charolette. I was hoping it was back to the old days, where the promoter guy would be watching the match and then wire into the referee who allows the wrestlers to get to the point in the script where they are both down and the ref is checking on them, at which point the ref gives the direction of who was going to win. Not based on the script before the match, but based on their performance during that match. That would be a welcome change for me.

Besides the wrestlers' performance in the match it would also take into account the crowd reactions. Even though it would be a welcomed change WWE is way too scripted right now for that to happen.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, WWE wasted Cesaro's return.

those running forearms to the three guys in the corners for what seemed like 3 minutes lost it. I just wonder how close he is to 100%. After the big responses from the NXT guys, and I would think more guys like me sitting at home watching the entire show this time, they could have saved Cesaro for another day.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you guys think will turn heel for the World Championship title? They seem to want to keep Reigns a face and Styles has won the crowd. I think Reigns is better suited for it right now as he just won the title and still only has half the crowd. Also, Cena is back, so pushing Reigns to be the face of the company might just be put on hold.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you guys think will turn heel for the World Championship title? They seem to want to keep Reigns a face and Styles has won the crowd. I think Reigns is better suited for it right now as he just won the title and still only has half the crowd. Also, Cena is back, so pushing Reigns to be the face of the company might just be put on hold.

I got a bad feeling AJ turns and forms a Bullet Club heel faction. Hope I'm wrong!!!

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE has already trademarked the term "Balor Club", AJ Styles isn't going to lead the Balor Club.

No, but that doesn't stop AJ from leading a heel faction no matter what WWE calls it.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Monday was the right time to bring back Cesaro. No other crowd is going to give him the same star treatment that he got Monday Night. Also I wouldn't say he lost. Jericho took the pin. With all the part timers leaving and the injuries to the main roster there should be room to give Cesaro a push over the next few weeks if the WWE is ready to try it.

The next PPV is in Chicago so assuming that's when Styles gets his championship match Reigns is going to get booed out of the building and the WWE knows it.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Monday was the right time to bring back Cesaro. No other crowd is going to give him the same star treatment that he got Monday Night. Also I wouldn't say he lost. Jericho took the pin. With all the part timers leaving and the injuries to the main roster there should be room to give Cesaro a push over the next few weeks if the WWE is ready to try it.

The next PPV is in Chicago so assuming that's when Styles gets his championship match Reigns is going to get booed out of the building and the WWE knows it.

I thought it was for Payback, but with Reigns doing a cena-like challenge, I was surprised Cena was not included.

Apparently Lesnar was asked if he was getting back in the title picture and he said he has worked his committed dates so far, it will cost Vince alot of money to add dates to his contract. Considering how they used Lesnar during the dates that he was contractually obligated, dont think he will be in the mix.

Did anyone watch smackdown? was HHH there?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AMAA time. Let's talk wrestling. • /r/SquaredCircle

Interesting read if you've got the time. It's an AMA anything from a WWE insider that use to post on reddit under the name falconarrow. He's deleted his account now but his responses still show up (username just says "deleted"). A lot of what he answers were just spoilers from this past Raw (of which he all got right so he was a legit insider) but there's some interesting stuff in there about how different performers are viewed in the company.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting read if you've got the time. It's an AMA anything from a WWE insider that use to post on reddit under the name falconarrow. He's deleted his account now but his responses still show up (username just says "deleted"). A lot of what he answers were just spoilers from this past Raw (of which he all got right so he was a legit insider) but there's some interesting stuff in there about how different performers are viewed in the company.

Good read, though I completely disagree with the women's division should be focused on Charlotte, Becky and Sasha. Paige legitimized the division IMO because she is so much like SCSA and not just a hot athletic chick. I think it would've been huge at Mania had it been Paige vs Charlotte and when Flair get interfering have SC come out and stun him, which would set up a Paige vs Sasha run. Charlotte is good but I think using her dad so much is ruining the legitimizing of the division.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought it was for Payback, but with Reigns doing a cena-like challenge, I was surprised Cena was not included.

Apparently Lesnar was asked if he was getting back in the title picture and he said he has worked his committed dates so far, it will cost Vince alot of money to add dates to his contract. Considering how they used Lesnar during the dates that he was contractually obligated, dont think he will be in the mix.

Did anyone watch smackdown? was HHH there?

I am pretty sure it's for Payback too, but for some reason they haven't outright said the match is for that date (unless I've missed something). They keep calling AJ the number one contender without giving a time and a place. I am worried they have AJ/Reigns on Raw and HHH gets his rematch at the next PPV. I want AJ/Reigns (no triple threat) at Payback. AJ will look more legit main eventing a PPV one on one and I think Reigns looks more legit if he wins a 5 star caliber singles match

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, payback just seemed like a PPV to settle grudges and make up new grudges, hence Payback. You would think Payback would be Styles and Jericho again, so maybe it will happen earlier and Jericho costs styles the match and if HHH is going to push this again and somehow costs roman the belt along the way, they would fight again. I really hope that is not going to happen. It would be much better for Rollins to cost Reigns a match and fight him at payback, but he would not be able to lose the title right? Maybe they are seeing how things are going and possibly do another saturday night event between now and payback and they use the title match at that venue. Hell, if HHH comes back he might just strip the belt from reigns and want to fight Shane at payback.

At least there are options I guess.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, payback just seemed like a PPV to settle grudges and make up new grudges, hence Payback. You would think Payback would be Styles and Jericho again, so maybe it will happen earlier and Jericho costs styles the match and if HHH is going to push this again and somehow costs roman the belt along the way, they would fight again. I really hope that is not going to happen. It would be much better for Rollins to cost Reigns a match and fight him at payback, but he would not be able to lose the title right? Maybe they are seeing how things are going and possibly do another saturday night event between now and payback and they use the title match at that venue. Hell, if HHH comes back he might just strip the belt from reigns and want to fight Shane at payback.

At least there are options I guess.

Rollins is at least 2 months away from returning. He tore his ACL and MCL in December and even if he speeds his recovery to 6 months instead of the normal 9 that still puts him out until June.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I liked it that he put that "Lana has nuclear heat" rumor that the dirtheets have been spreading to bed.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RAW was awesome but the WWE really screwed up by having Bayley lose her title and then not debut on RAW. They had the perfect setup for Charlotte to run down all the current girls on the roster standing behind her and brag about how none of them can beat her. Then out comes Bayley to lay down the challenge. Charlotte wins the match and beats Bayley down. They feud into the next PPV where Charlotte again wins. Bayley keeps just barely losing until the build up for Summerslam where she catches fire and goes on a winning streak and meets Charlotte again. This time she wins the title though.

And yes this is the same story they did in NXT but why fix what isn't broken? Bayley has to be the happy go lucky underground before she can win if they want to get over as big on the bigger stage.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it that he put that "Lana has nuclear heat" rumor that the dirtheets have been spreading to bed.

Yeah. He just said the only "issue" is she's just really green. Said some of the women aren't comfortable working with her yet so that's why she hasn't been on TV as much

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't mind the Bayley concept but to me the whole angle of the four NXT girls fighting for the championship is an embarrassment to the actual division. They should've brought them up and set up matchups where one of them or one at a time would get a run at the title. The whole divas revolution thing was completely silly without Paige as the main star. With her rebel attitude she could go between a face and heel and not drastically changing her character like Charlotte and Becky have since showing up on tv.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't mind the Bayley concept but to me the whole angle of the four NXT girls fighting for the championship is an embarrassment to the actual division. They should've brought them up and set up matchups where one of them or one at a time would get a run at the title. The whole divas revolution thing was completely silly without Paige as the main star. With her rebel attitude she could go between a face and heel and not drastically changing her character like Charlotte and Becky have since showing up on tv.

I think Paige was going to be a big player in that, but that rebel attitude just has too many shades of Punk. She got knocked down before her head got too big. Its all character after that, how you deal with it when they put the girls that should be below her above her.