• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not familiar with Ryder, was he just a good solider so they threw him a bone and gave him a title for a night?

As well as I don't get the crowning of Charlotte with all the divas (women) without Paige coming down and dropping a line like I'm the only woman in the division.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Entertaining Raw even though you have to laugh at the wrestling "logic" at the start; "I know I just had Undertaker beat your ass so you can't run Raw but here, run Raw anyway!". They had to be trolling because Shane didn't do anything afterwards either but just walk around.

-Little shocked to see Apollo Crews called up this early. Figured he'd get more seasoning in NXT and a run at the top now that Zayn is on the main roster and Balor likely will be soon. I sort of fear he might get lost in the shuffle with so many new faces coming so soon. Not sure its the right time for this.

-Bout fucking time Enzo & Cass got called up. HOW YOU DOIN?

-I like the idea of pairing Miz with his wife Maryse (still looking smoking). That's got potential.

-The 4 way was great. Very entertaining. Thought KO would get the win for sure since he was the only full time heel (who knows how long Jericho is sticking around) so I was shocked to see Styles get the win. Maybe they are finally steering Reigns away from a full babyface with this pairing because the crowd loves Styles.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Ryder more as WWE giving him his WM moment and then he's done. He finally got to accomplish his dream of being IC champion and getting a picture with Scott Hall so now he's not long for WWE. I don't think they intended to push Ryder just give him a brief thank you.

Last edited:

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was going to take a break from WWE if they didn't deliver last night but I thought that was a great Raw. AJ's the perfect 1st opponent for Reigns. This is high praise but on paper I think they matchup almost identically to Undertaker and HBK. Reigns is a great athlete and AJs a bump machine. He's going to make Reigns look like a million bucks selling for him in that match. If they get a 30 minute match at the next PPV it has a chance to be a classic.
Loved Reigns showing arrogance in his promo. Loved the Wyatts face turn. Loved Cesaro as the mystery opponent. Loved the NXT call ups. I love Miz as the IC champ . I had a bias against him as the reality tv wrestlers but he's completely won me over as one of the best heels in the company

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Raw, I liked it a lot. Looks like WWE is moving Reigns away from pure face and acknowledging the fans reaction to him by having Reigns say "I'm not a good guy, I'm not a bad guy, I'm THE guy'.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not familiar with Ryder, was he just a good solider so they threw him a bone and gave him a title for a night?

As well as I don't get the crowning of Charlotte with all the divas (women) without Paige coming down and dropping a line like I'm the only woman in the division.

If I recall, they did this for Ryder at some big PPV in the past...maybe with the US Title. It was gone the next day too...maybe even to Miz?

If Ryder is leaving WWE...I guess it makes sense. If not, seems like kind of a waste.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I recall, they did this for Ryder at some big PPV in the past...maybe with the US Title. It was gone the next day too...maybe even to Miz?

If Ryder is leaving WWE...I guess it makes sense. If not, seems like kind of a waste.
Ryder dropped the US title to Swagger a month after winning it.
I doubt he is leaving. He has been really good in NXT w/ Mojo Rawley. Plus, Ryder is dating Emma in real life, so that is another reason for him to stick around.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If their plan is on shortly giving the belt to a face (ie - Styles, Cesaro) it makes sense to have them beat someone like the Miz who nobody will cheer for rather than Ryder who will have the majority of fans in his corner.

They probably just wanted to give Ryder a big moment at WM since he's one of the more senior guys there, but my guess is that he was never in the plans for the title picture.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryder is getting an IC title rematch on Smackdown thanks to Scott Hall confronting Miz after Raw and talking him into it. Probably won't amount to anything, but this Ryder fan can hope!

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryder is getting an IC title rematch on Smackdown thanks to Scott Hall confronting Miz after Raw and talking him into it. Probably won't amount to anything, but this Ryder fan can hope!

I'm pretty sure they announced the Smackdown rematch during Raw. So, not sure what Hall confronting Miz after Raw was about?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure they announced the Smackdown rematch during Raw. So, not sure what Hall confronting Miz after Raw was about?
I guess I must have flipped to the basketball game when the confrontation took place then.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryder fans can always hope!!! :hope:

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"m glad to see Maryse back, she is insanely hot and Miz is one lucky man.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Raw, I liked it a lot. Looks like WWE is moving Reigns away from pure face and acknowledging the fans reaction to him by having Reigns say "I'm not a good guy, I'm not a bad guy, I'm THE guy'.

They were making a pretty strong point all night that these were the most vocal fans from all over the world who came to see wrestlemania. I took that as the announcers trying to tell the fans at home that they should not take the side of the crowd yesterday. If they just let Reigns fight and not talk they will do much better with him.

I was surprised Brie did not announce her retirement as expected, but the night was just far too positive for Raw to bring up a negative. Yes, we all know there was no way Shane could have came up with that entire card, especially when its Miz confronting Ryder and getting a title shot by himself. It would have been good to have Shane out there to set up the match. Now we get to see Vince tell shane lets see if you can do it again instead of giving him a week to plan. But thats all scripted wrestleing. Maybe Shane was in the refs earpiece telling him to let Ryder know he needs to lay down.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"m glad to see Maryse back, she is insanely hot and Miz is one lucky man.

One of the first flashes of the current era was JAcqueline, and she is in the hall of fame. If Chyna just did **** and not wrestleing **** she would probably be in too.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a little disappointed with Raw. Vince let Shane take over Raw, but then we barely saw Shane after that. Vince had a huge scene getting into the limo because he didn't want to see Raw crumble, then wasn't really mentioned, I think.

The thing with the Women's belt drug on and on. I was just paying attention to the other girls' faces as they had "Why am I even out here?" look. I was waiting for Lynch or Banks to attack her or Paige to interrupt.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For fuck's sake WWE Creative, put Reigns with Heyman already! Why is it that obvious to everybody who doesn't work for WWE that the solution to the Reigns dilemma is Paul Effing Heyman!

As far as that Women's Title thing....what a joke!

We're going to legitimize women's wrestling! We're going to do away with the Diva's Title. We're going to show that the women are equal and should be respected. And we are going to do so by having a match where the outcome is eventually determined by the interference of a man.

WWE is run by fucktards! Talk about total facepalm!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They threw a huge curveball to me with Cesaro. How many times has a guy come back from an injury and lose. I figured he was a shoe in over Styles who just lost to Jericho.