• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Other Olympics Thread

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So happy for Jones and the rest of the team. Unbelievable tournament. I was optimistic after they qualified, but I never thought they would have gone undefeated here.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So happy for Jones and the rest of the team. Unbelievable tournament. I was optimistic after they qualified, but I never thought they would have gone undefeated here.

First team for the women's curling tourney that has happened.

/Kevin Martin ran the table for Canada in 2010

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First team for the women's curling tourney that has happened.

/Kevin Martin ran the table for Canada in 2010

Can you believe some people actually thought with Jones being our rep in Sochi, we would wind up with no medal on the womens side?

:behindsofa:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else get a chuckle that a guy named Midol crashed and burned at the end of the men's ski-cross?

/Still got a bronze though.

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else get a chuckle that a guy named Midol crashed and burned at the end of the men's ski-cross?

/Still got a bronze though.

get that guy some gingerale!

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good effort by Leman but got boxed out by those dirty frogs early

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They were even better than their opponents when it looked like they stopped trying.

Today was their only bad match that I saw, and they still won by three.

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roz Groenewoud into the half pipe final. Well done to Edmonton's Keltie Hanson who should have been there too, but did not have a US flag next to her name....(yeah I know, but it's the truth)

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canada quickly running out of opportunities to match Vancouver's medal haul, but winning the four team sports would make it a successful Olympics. 1 down, 3 to go with a tough test today at noon...

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canada quickly running out of opportunities to match Vancouver's medal haul, but winning the four team sports would make it a successful Olympics. 1 down, 3 to go with a tough test today at noon...

We wont get there unless we get miracles in short track. I would say these games have been relatively successful, just below where we should have been. Right now, the Ducth are poised to finish better than us just on speed skating medals alone.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We wont get there unless we get miracles in short track. I would say these games have been relatively successful, just below where we should have been. Right now, the Ducth are poised to finish better than us just on speed skating medals alone.

There are always going to be those that over perform and those that underperform relative to expectations. We've been unlucky that are overperformers, with the exception of Denny Morrison, have fallen just short of the podium. I also think bad snow and ice conditions have really thrown some events wide open - Canada's not the only powerhouse team that will fall short of expectations.

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No medal in the half pipe either...at least the scoring has been on point in this round

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we were watching that amazing hockey game, apparently a Russian skater got handed the gold medal in the ladies competition. Haven't seen the skates yet but there is an uproar...

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we were watching that amazing hockey game, apparently a Russian skater got handed the gold medal in the ladies competition. Haven't seen the skates yet but there is an uproar...

Adelina Sotnikova was BRILLIANT and she skated the most difficult program. VERY deserving of the gold from what I saw.

Hamilton said that between the difficulty of the skate and her execution that she is a "cash register" of points.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adelina Sotnikova was BRILLIANT and she skated the most difficult program. VERY deserving of the gold from what I saw.

Hamilton said that between the difficulty of the skate and her execution that she is a "cash register" of points.

Didn't watch but wasn't the Korean like a huge favourite coming in? It is a bit surprising when the favourite skates clean and loses but I'll have to watch / read up on it a bit before commenting. But we have seen Russians fix skating results before. (Pairs in 02, I didn't see anything wrong with the other events in Sochi.)

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watch but wasn't the Korean like a huge favourite coming in? It is a bit surprising when the favourite skates clean and loses but I'll have to watch / read up on it a bit before commenting. But we have seen Russians fix skating results before. (Pairs in 02, I didn't see anything wrong with the other events in Sochi.)

I just watched it and I thought Yuna Kim was really, really good. Both her and Sotnikova had almost flawless skates with one slight bobble each (but nothing major). But Sotnikova had the highest technical threshold before the skate even started because of the difficulty of her elements. And I thought her spins were incredible - Hamilton even noted she did one spin that he'd only ever seen male skaters do. The experts seemed to think Kim had the most artistic skate.

I don't know - it's a judged sport. There are always going to be difficult calls. I thought they got it right, but I spend half the time looking at their asses, so what do I know. ;)

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea I agree. Looked legit from what I saw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw the routine. It was a gold. There's no conspiracy, no controversy. It was brilliant. High energy, high emotion, smooth, engaging, and very difficult. And she more or less nailed it.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
1901941_10152408106181055_1094450066_n.jpg

anyone old enough to remember the Laff-A-Lypics?
looks like he could play for the Really Rottens

laffalympics02.jpg