• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like Marion to Cleveland is almost done.

that is a GREAT vet. min. signing. wow

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Mecca--- LeBron is not going to be on the court all the time- in fact his minutes are probably going to go down to about 32-34 on some nights -

lets see what Kyrie can do with Love- who you say is not even as good as Alridge- thats just going to be ridiculous to watch...Kyrie and Love in the pick and roll together....i mean holy shit

Dude, don't get me wrong.

I am not anti-Kyrie.

I just think, presently, Curry and Dame are better.

That could change quickly.

The thing I see working against Kyrie is the fact that he will basically be a 3rd option, while the others are go to guys.

But, goodness:mmph:.....

How fucking unfair is that to have a guy of his caliber as a #3 option?:gaah:

Now you know how Heat fans felt about Bosh.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

The Old Heads need to sit it out.

:agree:Chris Paul isn't the healthiest guy either and I'm still shaking my head at Derrick Rose.

Eventually, it will be Lillard, Kyrie and Curry because Steph and Kyrie can play a bit of sg in International Ball.

Not giving up on Wall yet either.

But, he was abysmal:lol:.

Wall is an RW like athlete....clearly he is a better athlete than Kyrie or Lillard- but he is not nearly as cerebral a player. Kyrie i think has the best game for team USA and playing around those guys

remember all the hype he got playing for the Select team 2 years ago after his rookie year and the stuff Kobe and leBron and everyone said about him? then he wins the all star game MVP- and looks amazing during these Team USA workouts- Kyrie excels around good talent- his demeanor and game just adapt to it really quickly- some guys cant play when they arent the best player on the floor and thats what it looked like for Wall- and for Lillard- hes obviously great- but he kinda gets swallowed up playing with all these great players and its not as easy to notice him.

Kyrie somehow stands out among these guys on Team USA- somehow he gets around him and a light comes on and he turns it on....its strange in a way.

its one of the reasons why ithink playing with Love and LeBron and even Dion who is on the Select team and took a huge step towards the end of last season- will really really elevate Kyrie

no team is going to be able to stop the Cavs offense - its just not happening- how do you beat a team that can get a bucket whenever they need it?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like Marion to Cleveland is almost done.

that is a GREAT vet. min. signing. wow

Yep.

The Rich get Richer.

Hey, any word on a Tristan extension?

What's the going rate for a defensive, backup PF?

I would resist giving him Taj Gibson money.

But, he and Bron have the same agent, right?

:omg:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, don't get me wrong.

I am not anti-Kyrie.

I just think, presently, Curry and Dame are better.

That could change quickly.

The thing I see working against Kyrie is the fact that he will basically be a 3rd option, while the others are go to guys.

But, goodness:mmph:.....

How fucking unfair is that to have a guy of his caliber as a #3 option?:gaah:

Now you know how Heat fans felt about Bosh.

Mecca- as you saw at the All star game, and when kyrie was on the select team- and team USA- Kyrie doesnt get swallowed up around these guys- - its just the opposite- it brings out the best in him

think about that and youll realize how true that is- really think about that for a second

its why i think Kyrie is going to absolutely star this season

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

The Rich get Richer.

Hey, any word on a Tristan extension?

What's the going rate for a defensive, backup PF?

I would resist giving him Taj Gibson money.

But, he and Bron have the same agent, right?

:omg:

o yah- rich paul is his agent....there will be a classic overpay on Thompson

but Gilbert can afford it- he wont pinch pennies- if the Cavs are the center of the NBA universe which clearly they will be with their roster- and all the national games and exposure and wins etc- Gilbert is not going to pinch pennies tosave an extra 5-10 million here or there

hes not gonna be the Russian writing an 80 million dollar tax check- but if its 40 million eventually i wouldnt be surprised- all though with the cap on the rise- getting Kyrie locked in might eventually be a nice value- and the same if they can get thompson at something between like 6-8 a year--- i mean freaking meeks got 7- Gordon got what 5?

if Thompson gets 7 a year its an overpay but to keep rich paul happy nd with the growing cap- its not egregious

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wall is an RW like athlete....clearly he is a better athlete than Kyrie or Lillard- but he is not nearly as cerebral a player. Kyrie i think has the best game for team USA and playing around those guys

remember all the hype he got playing for the Select team 2 years ago after his rookie year and the stuff Kobe and leBron and everyone said about him? then he wins the all star game MVP- and looks amazing during these Team USA workouts- Kyrie excels around good talent- his demeanor and game just adapt to it really quickly- some guys cant play when they arent the best player on the floor and thats what it looked like for Wall- and for Lillard- hes obviously great- but he kinda gets swallowed up playing with all these great players and its not as easy to notice him.

Kyrie somehow stands out among these guys on Team USA- somehow he gets around him and a light comes on and he turns it on....its strange in a way.

its one of the reasons why ithink playing with Love and LeBron and even Dion who is on the Select team and took a huge step towards the end of last season- will really really elevate Kyrie

no team is going to be able to stop the Cavs offense - its just not happening- how do you beat a team that can get a bucket whenever they need it?

He was trying way to hard.

It started to get embarrassing and I'm a huge fan.

Maybe he saw the writing on the Wall and decided to go out guns a blazing?

The only issue I see the Cavs having, offensively, is not having enough basketballs.

I just hope guys dig deep on both ends of the floor.

Otherwise, you are a Super-Charged version of the Clippers East.

All style, no substance.

Again, somebody explain to me why a guy who can jump out of the gym can't block a fricking shot per game?

You know I LOVE Blake.

But, damn :L

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
o yah- rich paul is his agent....there will be a classic overpay on Thompson

but Gilbert can afford it- he wont pinch pennies- if the Cavs are the center of the NBA universe which clearly they will be with their roster- and all the national games and exposure and wins etc- Gilbert is not going to pinch pennies tosave an extra 5-10 million here or there

hes not gonna be the Russian writing an 80 million dollar tax check- but if its 40 million eventually i wouldnt be surprised- all though with the cap on the rise- getting Kyrie locked in might eventually be a nice value- and the same if they can get thompson at something between like 6-8 a year--- i mean freaking meeks got 7- Gordon got what 5?

if Thompson gets 7 a year its an overpay but to keep rich paul happy nd with the growing cap- its not egregious

Yeah, you have a point.

Especially when it's obvious they are going to kill it with their next Television deal.

For all the knocks Lebron takes, the guy is a savvy business man.

He's good at seeing the big picture, which is why he signed the deal that he did in both Miami, and returning to the Cavs.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecca- as you saw at the All star game, and when kyrie was on the select team- and team USA- Kyrie doesnt get swallowed up around these guys- - its just the opposite- it brings out the best in him

think about that and youll realize how true that is- really think about that for a second

its why i think Kyrie is going to absolutely star this season

The Allstar game is different, Russ.

That's a one-off situation where you don't care how your other teammates feel.

He will have to take a more passive role with Lebron on the Team.

Plus, Love needs to feel...Well, the LOVE, next Season to ensure he re-ups.

Being the honorary rebound shagger to Bron and Kyrie could cause him to walk.

Concessions will have to be made and it's gonna have to be from Kyrie...imo

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i just dont think Love would want to come here in the first place if the thing he was worried about is his stats

his stats were sick last year- he had the 3rd highest per inthe league 26 points 12.5 boards

he wants to win above all else....he has a chip on his shoulder about not making the playoffs

I would be very surprised if he comes over here and complains about his stats- it just wouldnt make any sense

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Something Lebron is the best at is getting everyone theor shots and opportunities, the will be happy especially if they are winning and he will give everyone their moments and times to shine. He is the ultimate team player just will take time for everyone to get on the same page.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just dont think Love would want to come here in the first place if the thing he was worried about is his stats

his stats were sick last year- he had the 3rd highest per inthe league 26 points 12.5 boards

he wants to win above all else....he has a chip on his shoulder about not making the playoffs

I would be very surprised if he comes over here and complains about his stats- it just wouldnt make any sense

That's why they score 120 points! :laugh3:

Lebron 26
Love 25
Irving 20
Waiters 14
Varejeo 8

That's 93 points from the starters, who needs a bench

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone is not going to be happy. It may not be Love or Kyrie but it may be Waiters or Thompson.

BTW Love & Kyrie shot attempts per game will take a significant hit. I hope they'r prepared for that

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone is not going to be happy. It may not be Love or Kyrie but it may be Waiters or Thompson.

BTW Love & Kyrie shot attempts per game will take a significant hit. I hope they'r prepared for that

My guess is Waiters, but if they were smart they would know this and know their role. Like I said it will take time for these guys to get used to it. All being number 1 options. Bosh, Wade, and Bron were all number 1's, but it is about the type of player and willing to sacrifice.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is Waiters, but if they were smart they would know this and know their role. Like I said it will take time for these guys to get used to it. All being number 1 options. Bosh, Wade, and Bron were all number 1's, but it is about the type of player and willing to sacrifice.

Honestly it is going to be harder for Kyrie to sacrifice IMO. Love I actually think it will be easier for.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something Lebron is the best at is getting everyone theor shots and opportunities, the will be happy especially if they are winning and he will give everyone their moments and times to shine. He is the ultimate team player just will take time for everyone to get on the same page.

I agree.

The problem is, Lebron is ball dominate and so is Kyrie.

Maybe he won't feel the need to do that as much now that he has a credible pg.

But, creating is one of his major strengths.

Gotta have the ball to do that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i just dont see how thompson or waiters will be upset if they are on national tv every night - winning games and going to the playoffs-

and like u said- the depth is not the best- those guys are gonna get minutes and a chance to contribute- and while they wont get the same shot #'s they will definitely get shots that are more open- Thompson never had plays called for him anyway

winning cures a lot of ills also-

and everyone on the team besides lebron is pretty sick of losing- and lebron seemed to be pretty tiredof being expected to carry so much of the load during the regular season- i dont think lebron is playing 40 or even 38 minutes a game

give lebron 34 minutes a game- varejao 25 minutes a game and the rest will fall into place just fine

it LOOKS like Marion is a done deal now- the pacers have stopped even going after him

now...assuming the love deal

LeBron, 34 minutes, Love 36 minutes, Kyrie 36 minutes, Varejao 25 minutes, Waiters 30 minutes, Miller 20 minutes, Marion 20 minutes, Thompson 25 minutes

does that work out?

lets see 48x5 = 240 minutes...and thats a total of 226 minutes....which is more than those guys will get- but those guys wont get that every night- and some guys will miss a game or not be struggling one night- but those are pretty decent estimations and those guys should be just fine with those loads

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

Well I'm not comparing Wade to Kyrie, but Wade was the same way. But also Wade was older, more mature, and knew how to win. So we will see out Kyrie handles it

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the cavs are turning into a very old team fast if they really sign marion & billups

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

it will be interesting to see how LeBron plays with a real PG- he never has in his career...

I cant wait to see LeBron back on the wing and running- im telling you thats part of the reason why he is losing weight- so he can play off the ball- and run and jump passing lanes

LeBron is not going to play 40 minutes a night- they are going to manage those- and other guys are gonna carry the load on certain nights