• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,885.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it Jackson's fault Curry commits a lot of TO's? Jackson isn't throwing the bad passes.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

We all know Curry is a combo guard.

Which essentially means he's a short SG.

But, I can live with his turnovers when he's giving you 24ppg, 8.5 dimes and 4.3 boards.

The Kids a fricking stud.

especially since Curry has been in the league for a while and is a legit vet i can understand Kyrie being 3rd on the depth chart behind Rose and Curry on team USA- that definitely makes a lot of sense

Curry is probably is right around a top 5 player in the league-

I dont care- I dont think anyone can argue with the top 3 of LeBron Durant and CP

after that 4th is definitely up for grabs and i can definitely understand someones argument that curry is #4

I hear that Lillard is on the bubble for team USA

i know Coach K and Colangelo are not exactly basketball geniuses like the guys on here but they like Kyrie more than Wall and Lillard :)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they know that 2 years from now that Kyrie is going to be the starting point guard for the USA team for likely that Olympic Games and the next one.

You guys are going to look foolish this year. Kyrie is still 22 years old and for the situation he came in under- he has really overcome

I mean- Byron Scott did not have an offense- and Mike Brown was clueless when it came to offense- now Kyrie is going to have a guy who is lauded by officials all over the league as a bonafide offensive genius- all though- and i know this- he has not done it in the NBA yet

Kyrie is going to make a lot of people that have doubted him look very foolish this year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10550925_697070953675195_2315349199189542712_n.jpg

is that for real?!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

If they can get Marion and/or Allen, even if they can't get them. They should never sign Billups :laugh3:

if he wants to be the 3rd PG and the 15th man and never play and take the min. and basically be a coach i mean- whatever i guess... but ughhhh -

ughhhhhh...

i guess that means they dont think they are getting Barea back in the Love deal since they already have Delledova

i wish the Love deal could just be freaking announced, this is stupid- i want to know the final deal so bad

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
especially since Curry has been in the league for a while and is a legit vet i can understand Kyrie being 3rd on the depth chart behind Rose and Curry on team USA- that definitely makes a lot of sense

Curry is probably is right around a top 5 player in the league-

I dont care- I dont think anyone can argue with the top 3 of LeBron Durant and CP

after that 4th is definitely up for grabs and i can definitely understand someones argument that curry is #4

I hear that Lillard is on the bubble for team USA

i know Coach K and Colangelo are not exactly basketball geniuses like the guys on here but they like Kyrie more than Wall and Lillard :)

Really, I didn't hear that.

But, is it really surprising considering Kyrie played at Duke:lol:?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they know that 2 years from now that Kyrie is going to be the starting point guard for the USA team for likely that Olympic Games and the next one.

You guys are going to look foolish this year. Kyrie is still 22 years old and for the situation he came in under- he has really overcome

I mean- Byron Scott did not have an offense- and Mike Brown was clueless when it came to offense- now Kyrie is going to have a guy who is lauded by officials all over the league as a bonafide offensive genius- all though- and i know this- he has not done it in the NBA yet

Kyrie is going to make a lot of people that have doubted him look very foolish this year.

I feel the same, Lebron will draw defenders to him and I feel like Kyrie's game is already really good and only going to skyrocket.

Slmething no one is talking about is Dion Waiters. He could be dangerous once they gain chemistry. With Bron, Love, and Kyrie this is another guy that can go off and a very good scorer. This team is going to be exciting to watch.

120 ppg???

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
say the other team goes small so the Cavs counter and go small

Kyrie
Waiters
Miller
LeBron
Love

how do you guard that? its not possible

even

kyrie
waiters
lebron
love
varejao

how do you guard that????

and i guess - and i have to give some credit to the person that posted it on here- but thats not where i saw it orginially- that the player LeBron called prior to making his decision to tell to get ready was Dion Waiters- and that LeBron really likes Dion's game- and that there is basically no chance they trade Dion because of it....and Dion has really really good catch and shoot numbers which is big playing with Bron

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see this, Russ?

On yesterday’s edition of the BS Report with Bill Simmons over on Grantland, Simmons and Zach Lowe discuss the USA Basketball tryouts taking place right now in Las Vegas, which you can listen to here. When they get to the topic of which point guards should make the 12-man roster (around the 26 minute mark), Simmons opines that while there seems to be a consensus that Cavaliers point guard Kyrie Irving as a lock to make the team, it’s Trail Blazers guard Damian Lillard who is the better player, a sentiment that Lowe basically agrees with …

Bill Simmons: It’s interesting though, you mention Lillard. Why wouldn’t … everybody has Kyrie definitely on this team. In my opinion, A) a better fit B) he’s done more and C) I think he’s just better. Like, why isn’t he penciled in ahead of Kyrie?

Zach Lowe: After last season there’s really no good answer. They’re similar players except Lillard was sort of a more stable team force and a better three-point shooter last year, off the dribble and off the catch, more prolific and just better. And he’s a sneaky good athlete, too. He’s not quite as flashy in terms of the dribbling and fancy passes as Kyrie but he may be nearly as good of an athlete if not a better one and more above the rim when he needs to be. I agree with you. If he’s not penciled in, or if he’s clearly regarded behind Kyrie in the pecking order, I’m not sure why that is.

Bill Simmons: I really hope that’s not the case and by the way, everybody on this team should be put on the team under the premise of, “We’re in Spain, who do you trust in that game?” I trust Damian Lillard, I just think that guy is fearless. I don’t trust Kyrie Irving at all. I’ve never even seen him play in a big game. I know what Damian Lillard can do in a big game. I’ve seen him have multiple big moments. If you made the All-Testicles team, he would be the point guard. I think he should be on the team. What’s interesting though, we mention Rose, Curry, Damian Lillard, we mentioned Kyrie Irving, I’m not sure you can have all four.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lmao...Dude, you are such a Homer:pound:.

Kyrie nor Lillard would even have a shot to make this Team had Westbrook or Paul chosen to play.:L

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
say the other team goes small so the Cavs counter and go small

Kyrie
Waiters
Miller
LeBron
Love

how do you guard that? its not possible

even

kyrie
waiters
lebron
love
varejao

how do you guard that????

and i guess - and i have to give some credit to the person that posted it on here- but thats not where i saw it orginially- that the player LeBron called prior to making his decision to tell to get ready was Dion Waiters- and that LeBron really likes Dion's game- and that there is basically no chance they trade Dion because of it....and Dion has really really good catch and shoot numbers which is big playing with Bron

I actually just saw that. Also that Dion and Kyrie couldn't play together was false.

I felt like he just got frustrated being on a shitty team, which needs to change bc you have letdowns. This guy can do it all and will be a key player.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the same, Lebron will draw defenders to him and I feel like Kyrie's game is already really good and only going to skyrocket.

Slmething no one is talking about is Dion Waiters. He could be dangerous once they gain chemistry. With Bron, Love, and Kyrie this is another guy that can go off and a very good scorer. This team is going to be exciting to watch.

120 ppg???

dude- if they play a high temp pace- which i think they will- and is one of the reasons why LeBron is losing weight- the numbers could get ridiculous

Our GM- Griffen- was the assistant GM on the Suns during their prime years and wants an offense with a lot of shooting that can run-

and your right on Waiters and basically read my mind before that last post i just did- LeBron loves his game supposedly- and Dion was really really good the last couple months of last year when he finally started getting it together....

Players usually make their biggest jump in their 3rd or 4th years- and Kyrie, Thompson and Waiters are all in that area- and are all gonna be in that 22-24 age range where guys have filled out a little bit and have some experience under their belts

you take 2 bona fide stars like LeBron and Love and add in 3 young guys with talent like Kyrie Waiters and Thompson that are just scratching the surface of their talent and it could get crazy

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see this, Russ?

On yesterday’s edition of the BS Report with Bill Simmons over on Grantland, Simmons and Zach Lowe discuss the USA Basketball tryouts taking place right now in Las Vegas, which you can listen to here. When they get to the topic of which point guards should make the 12-man roster (around the 26 minute mark), Simmons opines that while there seems to be a consensus that Cavaliers point guard Kyrie Irving as a lock to make the team, it’s Trail Blazers guard Damian Lillard who is the better player, a sentiment that Lowe basically agrees with …

Bill Simmons: It’s interesting though, you mention Lillard. Why wouldn’t … everybody has Kyrie definitely on this team. In my opinion, A) a better fit B) he’s done more and C) I think he’s just better. Like, why isn’t he penciled in ahead of Kyrie?

Zach Lowe: After last season there’s really no good answer. They’re similar players except Lillard was sort of a more stable team force and a better three-point shooter last year, off the dribble and off the catch, more prolific and just better. And he’s a sneaky good athlete, too. He’s not quite as flashy in terms of the dribbling and fancy passes as Kyrie but he may be nearly as good of an athlete if not a better one and more above the rim when he needs to be. I agree with you. If he’s not penciled in, or if he’s clearly regarded behind Kyrie in the pecking order, I’m not sure why that is.

Bill Simmons: I really hope that’s not the case and by the way, everybody on this team should be put on the team under the premise of, “We’re in Spain, who do you trust in that game?” I trust Damian Lillard, I just think that guy is fearless. I don’t trust Kyrie Irving at all. I’ve never even seen him play in a big game. I know what Damian Lillard can do in a big game. I’ve seen him have multiple big moments. If you made the All-Testicles team, he would be the point guard. I think he should be on the team. What’s interesting though, we mention Rose, Curry, Damian Lillard, we mentioned Kyrie Irving, I’m not sure you can have all four.

hey....i like Bill Simmons a lot

but there is PROBABLY a reason that Bill Simmons is a behind a desk writing while Coach K and Colangelo are on the court picking the players

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao...Dude, you are such a Homer:pound:.

Kyrie nor Lillard would even have a shot to make this Team had Westbrook or Paul chosen to play.:L

tahts true- but no reason for RW to play in this after his knee issues- and Paul has had plenty of knee issues and a lot of miles on his odometer and has done plenty of USA basketball

the next waive of guys needs to get experience- and the USA basketball talent evaluators clearly think that KYrie is a big part of the teams future going forward- and its not even necessarily about just this world cup- but they think Kyrie is going to be there for the next 6 years - the summer games 2 years from now- and the next games 4 years after that- which will take Kyrie to about 28-29 and then on to the next waive

Remember- Lillard was a 4 year college player and is nearly 2 years older than Kyrie- give Kyire 2 more years of experience and development and LaMarcus Alridge and like i said- Lillard/Kyrie will be the same debate we look back on for Dwill/CP

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Mecca--- LeBron is not going to be on the court all the time- in fact his minutes are probably going to go down to about 32-34 on some nights -

lets see what Kyrie can do with Love- who you say is not even as good as Alridge- thats just going to be ridiculous to watch...Kyrie and Love in the pick and roll together....i mean holy shit

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tahts true- but no reason for RW to play in this after his knee issues- and Paul has had plenty of knee issues and a lot of miles on his odometer and has done plenty of USA basketball

the next waive of guys needs to get experience- and the USA basketball talent evaluators clearly think that KYrie is a big part of the teams future going forward- and its not even necessarily about just this world cup- but they think Kyrie is going to be there for the next 6 years - the summer games 2 years from now- and the next games 4 years after that- which will take Kyrie to about 28-29 and then on to the next waive

Remember- Lillard was a 4 year college player and is nearly 2 years older than Kyrie- give Kyire 2 more years of experience and development and LaMarcus Alridge and like i said- Lillard/Kyrie will be the same debate we look back on for Dwill/CP

Agreed.

The Old Heads need to sit it out.

:agree:Chris Paul isn't the healthiest guy either and I'm still shaking my head at Derrick Rose.

Eventually, it will be Lillard, Kyrie and Curry because Steph and Kyrie can play a bit of sg in International Ball.

Not giving up on Wall yet either.

But, he was abysmal:lol:.