• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy talk.

Wade made the whole thing come together to begin with.

He, on his own, understood he needed to take a pay cut and did.

Maybe offer your advice to Kobe?

Well, as quiet as it's kept Kobe actually DID take a pay cut...and since u want 2 compare the 2 situations, lets remember that the Lakers best player IS Kobe. Wade wasn't even Miami's 2nd best player this season. SMH.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'm not saying the Cavs have a better chance at winning this season. But, Miami didn't either. The point that u keep conveniently skipping over is he has a better chance at winning in Cleveland over Miami over time. Miami was talking about signing Wade 2 another 4 year deal...how many more prime years do u think LBJ has left? And why do u think he wanted 2 waste them playing with Wade knowing he's only going 2 continue 2 decline? In my opinion that isn't hard 2 figure out.

Also, Miam WAS a pretty good team when they first got together. But, when 1/3 of ur threat can only play 50 games out of 82 how do u think that would effect the other players picking up the slack? Why do so many heat fans think it was ok 4 LBJ 2 carry the brunt of that team while Wade continued 2 get paid like he was the franchise player??? Talk about running ur best player into the ground...:omg:

Don't know how you can say that either.
The Heat couldn't win?

The Heat has a history of finding ways to win.
The Cavs the opposite.

With the Heat it really would have boiled down to Wade.

I don't think he's done at all, but did get very complacent.

I think a private talk between he and James would have done the trick.

I expect to see a very good Wade this season ,
as in trying to prove a point.

Id still take my chances with Wade over Kyrie for at least the next 2 years.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, as quiet as it's kept Kobe actually DID take a pay cut...and since u want 2 compare the 2 situations, lets remember that the Lakers best player IS Kobe. Wade wasn't even Miami's 2nd best player this season. SMH.

24M is 24M, and the fact that he is there best player at his age, coming off the injuries, says a lot about how dysfunctional the Lakers currently are.

Wasn't the planned strategy to try to win a 6 th for Kobe before 2016?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24M is 24M, and the fact that he is there best player at his age, coming off the injuries, says a lot about how dysfunctional the Lakers currently are.

Wasn't the planned strategy to try to win a 6 th for Kobe before 2016?

Be that as it may, it was their only option. Not the same in Miami...LBJ should've been their #1 choice & not Wade.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be that as it may, it was their only option. Not the same in Miami...LBJ should've been their #1 choice & not Wade.

So you feel James wasn't Riley's #1 priority?

Of course he was.

The Heat are bigger then James though.

Riley wasn't going to go all Gilbert and lose his integrity by deceiving or screwing Wade over in any way shape or form.

JkShaz821

Associate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys need to face the reality that the Heat were a pretty damn good team.
The Spurs were simply fabulous, combined with the fact that they are a matchup nightmare for the Heat.

We'll never know, but in my opinion no other team from the West beats the Heat 4/7 last season.

So what are we talking about here for "pretty damn good"? What would your expectations have been for that team last year minus Lebron?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying the Cavs this year will have a better chance to win a championship then the Heat would have?
I call bullshit on that.

The Spurs were simply fabulous, combined with the fact that they are a matchup nightmare for the Heat.

We'll never know, but in my opinion no other team from the West beats the Heat 4/7 last season.

6 potential teams in west could

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'm not saying the Cavs have a better chance at winning this season. But, Miami didn't either. The point that u keep conveniently skipping over is he has a better chance at winning in Cleveland over Miami over time. Miami was talking about signing Wade 2 another 4 year deal...how many more prime years do u think LBJ has left? And why do u think he wanted 2 waste them playing with Wade knowing he's only going 2 continue 2 decline? In my opinion that isn't hard 2 figure out.

Also, Miam WAS a pretty good team when they first got together. But, when 1/3 of ur threat can only play 50 games out of 82 how do u think that would effect the other players picking up the slack? Why do so many heat fans think it was ok 4 LBJ 2 carry the brunt of that team while Wade continued 2 get paid like he was the franchise player??? Talk about running ur best player into the ground...:omg:

Right, so I'll go play with Kyrie, Andy, and hopefully Love because they are never injured.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what are we talking about here for "pretty damn good"? What would your expectations have been for that team last year minus Lebron?

Is James injured, or his salary space replaced with Deng/McRoberts?

If it's the injury scenario, prob 6-8 seed, 1 st round loss.

If it's Deng /McRoberts, the probably 3-5 seed depending on what Wade could have really done.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Scalabrine says Warriors’ coaching staff will be ‘better,’ players ‘better organized’ under Steve Kerr

...“Steve Kerr has put together a great staff and if they could just be better organized…If you think, the Warriors were last in the NBA in turnovers. They turned the ball over more than anybody else in the NBA, but they were third in the NBA in defense. A lot of that had to do with the defensive coach, Darren Erman, being there. I mean just completely taken to defense, studying the film and getting guys in the right position. But if they can just piggyback off of that, not be 30th in the NBA in turnovers (they finished 27th in regular-season turnovers per game), be 10th, you know, take care of the ball, with those offensive weapons in Steph Curry, Klay Thompson…”

Shots fired at mark jackson

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Scalabrine says Warriors’ coaching staff will be ‘better,’ players ‘better organized’ under Steve Kerr

...“Steve Kerr has put together a great staff and if they could just be better organized…If you think, the Warriors were last in the NBA in turnovers. They turned the ball over more than anybody else in the NBA, but they were third in the NBA in defense. A lot of that had to do with the defensive coach, Darren Erman, being there. I mean just completely taken to defense, studying the film and getting guys in the right position. But if they can just piggyback off of that, not be 30th in the NBA in turnovers (they finished 27th in regular-season turnovers per game), be 10th, you know, take care of the ball, with those offensive weapons in Steph Curry, Klay Thompson…”

Shots fired at mark jackson

So this is called, "The Ging Report"

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying the Cavs this year will have a better chance to win a championship then the Heat would have?
I call bullshit on that.

I have no clue why you think that as Dwade gets older he is going to start improving.

Do you realize how you sound? The man has serious chronic conditions in his knees that are not going away- and are not improving. They babied him as much as they possibly could last year and he still did not hold up for a championship run.

How is that possibly going to be any different when he is going to be relied on a ton more- and have much less rest.....

it just does not make any sense to anybody out there besides Heat fans

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah let's blame the coach for the players on the court making silly mistakes. The last thing you can blame a coach for is turnovers.....That falls on the players on the court making dumb decisions with the ball

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did Wade knee give out in the playoffs last year? He had a bad series just like the other Heat players did against the Spurs and you blame his knee. He was fine the entire playoffs. Let's not make shit up again

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah let's blame the coach for the players on the court making silly mistakes. The last thing you can blame a coach for is turnovers.....That falls on the players on the court making dumb decisions with the ball

Jackson admitted he's lazy. The coachs job is to make adjustments. Seriously! He's supposed to COACH the team. You have no idea what you're talking about

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A coach cannot stop a player from making stupid passes, traveling, or being out of control which often lead to charges.

I get it....You don't like Jackson but some of the stuff he gets blame for is just dumb.

While you're at it let's blame Jackson for the Warriors missing shots too. Turnovers are 100% on the players.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no adjustment you can make to prevent turnovers as a coach. All you can do is speak to players about taking care of the ball but that's about it. As a player you need to value the rock and understand the importance of your turnovers

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no adjustment you can make to prevent turnovers as a coach. All you can do is speak to players about taking care of the ball but that's about it. As a player you need to value the rock and understand the importance of your turnovers

The point is he never put a system in offensively which cause a lot of turnovers. It was a "take care of itself offense" which was an ISO system with 0 ball movement