• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You better pass that memo on to James Jones and Mike Miller.
They didn't go there for the beautiful winter.

Just wait until the Cavs bring back Big Z & snag Oden from your Heat to bolster their bench!

:wtf2:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could trade Waiters in a seperate deal, but right now he is the starter and won't be included in the Love deal.

No it is still a phase to gain chemistry and learn how to win, different situation.

Plus in future years they have picks, salary (like Haywood) that could help them acquire players especially if the veterans move on or retire. They have much more flexibility, then the Heat would of had if they signed the Big 3.

Its hard to project the future, but short term, the only team the Heat really would have had to fear for at least the next 2 years in the East was probably the Bulls IMO.

Best basketball decision for James would have been to stay 2 more.

Best business decision was to leave now.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to live like 3 doors down from him.....and delivered he and several other players the Cleveland Press way back in the day.

A whole group of them lived in Warrensville Heights.

Carr, Thurmond, Walker, Bingo Smith, and a couple others.

That's pretty neat.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ thinks they are all but a lock for the ECF and possibly the Finals...

Would have to wait till halfway through the season for me to predict

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ thinks they are all but a lock for the ECF and possibly the Finals...

A prediction like that right now is impossible. He should wait to see what trade or trades happen along w/ finding a way to upgrade the bench. Not sure what they have done so far will be enough.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A prediction like that right now is impossible. He should wait to see what trade or trades happen along w/ finding a way to upgrade the bench. Not sure what they have done so far will be enough.

True.

Plans this weekend (it's never to soon to start planning and it's Hump Day)? Chilling with my son, going to a movie and lunch.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When James signed with the Cavs, he said they are years away from contending. I believe him.

Yah, but I lot of things have happened since then. I still believe him, but they can still contend in the back of his mind

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know the story.

The Heat would have improved somewhat this summer because Wade/Bosh/UD were willing to sacrifice.
They already had McRoberts and Granger, and who knows what else Riley was thinking?

James basically traded Wade/Bosh for Irving/Love (highly likely).

While he did gain some youth, he lost a ton of experience.

The Cavs gutted most of their other younger assets, so moving forward that wont be that big of a deal.

The only way it can be an improvement would be if he has more success then he did in Miami.
That bar is set pretty high.
Im guessing the Cavs go a bit limbo on us and walk under that bar.

LBJ did the smart thing. His talent is still on par 2 play with young guns & win. Staying in Miami would've wasted the last years of his prime. Playing with Wade & Bosh this season obviously couldn't get the job done & it only would've gotten worse as Wade continues 2 age equivalent in dog years in reference 2 his body. Having said that, there was no way Miami was going 2 get rid of him, thus, no way 2 add younger talent anytime soon. Stop hating on LBJ 4 recognizing he needed 2 move on if he wants any chance at continuing to win.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah...
He def bolted for a better crop of players.
You know, the ones that couldn't win 35 games last year.

And in Miami he won way more than 35 games in the reg season which helped them how exactly in the Finals? As i seem 2 recall they aren't the champions & barely won 1 game in that series.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in Miami he won way more than 35 games in the reg season which helped them how exactly in the Finals? As i seem 2 recall they aren't the champions & barely won 1 game in that series.

So Ill put you in the category of people who feel all teams seasons are equal if they don't win a championship?

The Heat might be looking up at 1 team, but 28 were looking up at them.

4 years, 4 Finals, 2 Championships. Sign me up for that program ANY TIME as a fan of any team.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Ill put you in the category of people who feel all teams seasons are equal if they don't win a championship?

4 years, 4 Finals, 2 Championships. Sign me up for that program ANY TIME as a fan of any team.

Sure, anyone would sign up for that. But that is not what LeBron was signing up for this time around. The trajectory for the Heat as built was downward. It wasn't going to be another 4 years of Finals appearances with the Big 3.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, i don't care what category u want 2 put me in. That doesn't change the fact that their goal was 2 win another title & they didn't & wouldn't constructed the way they were. Had they taken the Spurs to 7 games then maybe u would have a good argument, but since they barely won the 1 game in that series they did most of us can see things needed 2 change drastically. If u can't agree with that then I will put u in the category with the other delusional fans. :L

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, anyone would sign up for that. But that is not what LeBron was signing up for this time around. The trajectory for the Heat as built was downward. It wasn't going to be another 4 years of Finals appearances with the Big 3.

Exactly...and rather than stick around & waste what good years he has left he decided 2 take a chance somewhere else.

Honestly, I think the Heat have themselves 2 blame. Had they not tied their own hands with obligating so much money 2 Wade they might have been able 2 get younger guys in there that could've actually made a difference going forward.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, i don't care what category u want 2 put me in. That doesn't change the fact that their goal was 2 win another title & they didn't & wouldn't constructed the way they were. Had they taken the Spurs to 7 games then maybe u would have a good argument, but since they barely won the 1 game in that series they did most of us can see things needed 2 change drastically. If u can't agree with that then I will put u in the category with the other delusional fans. :L

So you are saying the Cavs this year will have a better chance to win a championship then the Heat would have?
I call bullshit on that.

You guys need to face the reality that the Heat were a pretty damn good team.
The Spurs were simply fabulous, combined with the fact that they are a matchup nightmare for the Heat.

We'll never know, but in my opinion no other team from the West beats the Heat 4/7 last season.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly...and rather than stick around & waste what good years he has left he decided 2 take a chance somewhere else.

Honestly, I think the Heat have themselves 2 blame. Had they not tied their own hands with obligating so much money 2 Wade they might have been able 2 get younger guys in there that could've actually made a difference going forward.

Crazy talk.

Wade made the whole thing come together to begin with.

He, on his own, understood he needed to take a pay cut and did.

Maybe offer your advice to Kobe?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying the Cavs this year will have a better chance to win a championship then the Heat would have?
I call bullshit on that.

The Spurs were simply fabulous, combined with the fact that they are a matchup nightmare for the Heat.

We'll never know, but in my opinion no other team from the West beats the Heat 4/7 last season.

:agree:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call bullshit on that.

No, I'm not saying the Cavs have a better chance at winning this season. But, Miami didn't either. The point that u keep conveniently skipping over is he has a better chance at winning in Cleveland over Miami over time. Miami was talking about signing Wade 2 another 4 year deal...how many more prime years do u think LBJ has left? And why do u think he wanted 2 waste them playing with Wade knowing he's only going 2 continue 2 decline? In my opinion that isn't hard 2 figure out.

Also, Miam WAS a pretty good team when they first got together. But, when 1/3 of ur threat can only play 50 games out of 82 how do u think that would effect the other players picking up the slack? Why do so many heat fans think it was ok 4 LBJ 2 carry the brunt of that team while Wade continued 2 get paid like he was the franchise player??? Talk about running ur best player into the ground...:omg: