• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be, but notice how you needed to remove Love and Kyrie to accomplish it?
IMO, that is why your roster isn't near elite enough to win a championship.

how many pgs in the league are good defenders?

how many pgs that are THAT good offensively and lead the league in game winners snce he came in are good defenderS?

how many players that young are good defenders?

how many players that look like they are high school kids- like kyrie- are good defenders right away? kyrie was not a bledsoe or rw or rose or something likethat--- dude looked like he was a little kid

he will get better now that he has physically matured, hit the weight room- and no longer has to carry the whole load on offense...

he will never be a great defender- but he can and will, in my opinion, work his way into being an adequate defender

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Miami rolled out with a bench similar in age. The Spurs carved that up in a hurry.
Yep...but the Heat would have likely won a title versus anybody but the Spurs....the Heat had one of their worst defensive teams in quite some time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...but the Heat would have likely won a title versus anybody but the Spurs....the Heat had one of their worst defensive teams in quite some time.

hmmm... i think a healthy OKC beats them...and believe it or not i think Dallas would have been a very good matchup as well...

Memphis would have been a really bad matchup for Miami too- Randolph and Gasol---while having Tony Allen to guard LeBron- and Mike Conley would shred the Miami poopguards- i mean pointguards

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course his is gonna be lower, they barely won any games. He isn't a great defensive player, but most of these formulas have more to do with a unit. He still needs to work and Lebron will help as well.

No, with Kyrie off the court they were a top 6 defensive team lol

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blatche would be a nice pickup for clips. But I hope warriors steal him

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not being a hater but I think Jamal Crawford is overrated. Taj should of won 6th man of the year

Depends on what you are grading him on.

Sometimes the Clippers go stone cold and he is the only thing keeping them from imploding.

The guy has singlehandedly won so many games for the Clippers over the years by going supernova in the 4th quarter.

But, I can see how you could give it to Taj as well.

I don't think he gets his due because some of the things he does can't be measured statistically.

Actually, that pretty much goes for the entire Bulls roster, especially Noah.

Honestly, if you look back on the last 10 winners, it probably should be called " Highest Scoring Reserve Award".

Outside of Odom, who had an all around game, all the other winners were essentially high scoring reserves, and not much else.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what you are grading him on.

Sometimes the Clippers go stone cold and he is the only thing keeping them from imploding.

The guy has singlehandedly won so many games for the Clippers over the years by going supernova in the 4th quarter.

But, I can see how you could give it to Taj as well.

I don't think he gets his due because some of the things he does can't be measured statistically.

Actually, that pretty much goes for the entire Bulls roster, especially Noah.

Honestly, if you look back on the last 10 winners, it probably should be called " Highest Scoring Reserve Award".

Outside of Odom, who had an all around game, all the other winners were essentially high scoring reserves, and not much else.

He's just very inefficient and doesn't do anything else besides shoot a lot of shots at a not a great rate

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

The 39% shooting is horrific.

But, that's his role:noidea:.

Harden and DeRozan's are worse and they were allstars.

They didn't do worse, I think derozan is overrated too. Harden is a star but what annoys me about him is that he ref baits every second of the game and doesn't play defense.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just dont see them losing more then 5-6 games at home at the max....and winning a good amount of road games...

the team is going to be hugely motivated- unlike other teams they WONT lose games they should not lose- and they will win almost all of their home games- thats the formula for getting a high win total more than anything

i mean- Miami doesnt win that many games because wade sat out 30 games and they cut mike miller....and stuff like that- the spurs sat a ton of their guys during the year- OKC lost westbrook most of the year....

Cavs win 61.....we shall see what happens- gonna be a really fun season

These might help:

th

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be, but notice how you needed to remove Love and Kyrie to accomplish it?
IMO, that is why your roster isn't near elite enough to win a championship.

You act like Bosh and Chalmers were so much better defenders, they weren't. They were average and Chalmers was barely that. Other guys made them look better than they were.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree...id be very happy having him come off the bench for 12-18 minutes a game and matchup

i could imagine a lineup with Lebron moving to the 2, waiters at the 1, marion at the 3, thompson at the 4 and varejao at the 5...lol...that would bea damn good defensive unit, LOL

Switch Lebron and Waiters haha

Shield-Thread Killa

Tribal Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 876.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GROWLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!

You act like Bosh and Chalmers were so much better defenders, they weren't. They were average and Chalmers was barely that. Other guys made them look better than they were.

That's why BRON was always brow beating them ...

or just plan calling them out...

I think he made CHALMERS cry during one game...:lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bosh is a very skilled defender, but often is just physically over matched.

Chalmers is more a risk taker as far as going for steals then a good defensive player.

Coles actually is a good defensive player.

What made the Heat defense elite ( when it was) was a combination of things such as cohesiveness, coaching , and determination.

The Cavs are starting from scratch.
It will be a process before they can be fairly judged.
The process will cost them games along the way, and that is why they will win closer to 50 then 60.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, actually if you have bench that will play less minutes and could add leadership plus could be key when the star players are out that is exactly what you need and mix in a few young players. That is golden, btw Miami had a pretty old bench and it seemed to work out just fine.

You apparently didn't watch the Finals then. The Heat got away with getting to the Finals based on the fact that the only competition in the East was the Pacers, who seemed to have their own completely different set of issues.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm... i think a healthy OKC beats them...and believe it or not i think Dallas would have been a very good matchup as well...

Memphis would have been a really bad matchup for Miami too- Randolph and Gasol---while having Tony Allen to guard LeBron- and Mike Conley would shred the Miami poopguards- i mean pointguards

This is why I really question your basketball IQ. The Spurs were able to beat Miami as the Heat last season played an aggressive rotational defense that focused on trapping and forcing turnovers. Due to the fact that the Spurs offense is predicated on moving the ball and making quick cuts to the basket - this is why the Heat lost. Their (Spurs) offense gassed the Heat's defense relatively quick.

In the Heat's big 3 era, they've owned the Thunder. The Thunder had nowhere near the depth the Spurs had, and outside of Ibaka, they're a subpar defensive team. Dallas could be a whole another issue. Although I'm more convinced that them taking the Spurs to 7 games was simply more the Spurs trying to find their rhytm.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But you guys think Lebron's going to make Kyrie a good defender all of a sudden.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
But you guys think Lebron's going to make Kyrie a good defender all of a sudden.
Cleveland should be heavily favored. Why is everyone making excuses for them? They have the best basketball player in the world. They have Love and Irving, two all stars in their prime as well as some number one picks and savvy veterans. Not winning the title or at least not winning the East would be a HUGE disappointment if they end up giving up the last 2 #1 picks for Love a free agent after this year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosh is a very skilled defender, but often is just physically over matched.

Chalmers is more a risk taker as far as going for steals then a good defensive player.

Coles actually is a good defensive player.

What made the Heat defense elite ( when it was) was a combination of things such as cohesiveness, coaching , and determination.

The Cavs are starting from scratch.
It will be a process before they can be fairly judged.
The process will cost them games along the way, and that is why they will win closer to 50 then 60.

It is gonna take time just like any team.