• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cavs get Marion all it means is that a quality player will be getting less minutes than they deserve.

Miller & Marion are both SF. If you want to go small and play one of them at PF you're taking minutes away from Thompson. If you want one of them to play SG you're taking minutes away from Allen if he signs

Marion and Miller don't need too many minutes anyway. Tbey would just be improving the bench for more depth and in case of injury. This only helps.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say they get Ray Allen & Marion, I assume their starting lineup would look like this

Kyrie
Waiters
Lebron
Love
Varejao

This means their primary bench guys would be

John Lucas (31)
Ray Allen (39)
Mike Miller (34)
Shawn Marion (36)
James Jones (33)
Tristan Thompson (23)

You really don't want your bench rotation to consist of guys coming towards the end of their career

Yes, actually if you have bench that will play less minutes and could add leadership plus could be key when the star players are out that is exactly what you need and mix in a few young players. That is golden, btw Miami had a pretty old bench and it seemed to work out just fine.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW just to show how terrible of a defender Kyrie is

Let's compare his defensive win shares & defensive rating to other top point guards in their first 3 years

Kyrie DWS- 0.6, 1.1, & 2.2
Kyrie Drtg- 110 2x & 108

Chris Paul DWS- 3.6, 2.6, & 4.6
Chris Paul Drtg- 104, 106, & 103

Tony Parker DWS- 2.9, 2.6, & 4.0
Tony Parker Drtg- 103, 104, & 99

Rajon Rondo DWS- 2.6, 4.9, & 5.1
Rajon Rondo Drtg- 103, 98, & 101

Russell Westbrook DWS- 2.0, 3.4, & 3.1
Russell Westbrook Drtg- 111, 106, & 107

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDEALLY i think Waiters starts, plays 6-7 minutes,and is pulled for allen or miller....

allen and miller cant start obviously- but they should getabout 18-20 minutes.... and let Waiters and Thompson and whoever doesnt go in first out of miller or allen - on the 2nd unit....

I think Ideally you go

PG- Kyrie
SG Miller
SF- LeBron
PF- Love
C- Thompson

and bring Varejao, Waiters, Allen off the bench...itll be interesting of course to see the final roster first...thats important--maybe they get marion or allen or neither- and make a small deal with one of their picks or rooks to get something else...who knows

we cant really know until after the love trade and the aftermath....its just an exercise in futlitiy to speculate about it now

and with that im off tobed....last week at the clerkship before a couple weeks off and L3 starts backup...

gnight

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, actually if you have bench that will play less minutes and could add leadership plus could be key when the star players are out that is exactly what you need and mix in a few young players. That is golden, btw Miami had a pretty old bench and it seemed to work out just fine.

Miami bench was never their strength. Their bench worked out good because they had good defensive players on their bench like Cole, Battier, Bird, & Udonis. Miami bench was nothing special ever in any of the 4 years. I don't see many good defensive players on the cavs bench with the exception of Marion and that's if they even get him. Miami had 4 quality defenders on their bench

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW just to show how terrible of a defender Kyrie is

Let's compare his defensive win shares & defensive rating to other top point guards in their first 3 years

Kyrie DWS- 0.6, 1.1, & 2.2
Kyrie Drtg- 110 2x & 108

Chris Paul DWS- 3.6, 2.6, & 4.6
Chris Paul Drtg- 104, 106, & 103

Tony Parker DWS- 2.9, 2.6, & 4.0
Tony Parker Drtg- 103, 104, & 99

Rajon Rondo DWS- 2.6, 4.9, & 5.1
Rajon Rondo Drtg- 103, 98, & 101

Russell Westbrook DWS- 2.0, 3.4, & 3.1
Russell Westbrook Drtg- 111, 106, & 107

Of course his is gonna be lower, they barely won any games. He isn't a great defensive player, but most of these formulas have more to do with a unit. He still needs to work and Lebron will help as well.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami bench was never their strength. Their bench worked out good because they had good defensive players on their bench like Cole, Battier, Bird, & Udonis. Miami bench was nothing special ever in any of the 4 years. I don't see many good defensive players on the cavs bench with the exception of Marion and that's if they even get him. Miami had 4 quality defenders on their bench

TT is a very good defender that is his strength. But their offense is also much better looking at it than Miami's bench players on offense. They couldn't score worth shit.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT is a very good defender that is his strength. But their offense is also much better looking at it than Miami's bench players on offense. They couldn't score worth shit.

obviously if he doesnt know that Delledova as a rookie showed that he was a very solid and feisty defender he did not watch many Cavs games- whichi can totally understand....

but delledova is gonna definitely see some minutes and do some nice things for this team in his 2nd year- he is your classic scrapper type.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How? They're basically all Miami players? John Lucas is a bum

Ray Allen, Mike Miller, and James Jones all played for Miami.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How? They're basically all Miami players? John Lucas is a bum

Ray Allen, Mike Miller, and James Jones all played for Miami.

John Lucas is probably gone, he probably would get as many minutes a Jones.

Allen
Miller

TT
Delledova
Marion---all proven defensive players and can still score.

Miami's bench that played mostly was

Andersen
Battier
Allen
Cole
Lewis
And sometimes Haslem

That is old and doesn't bring much offense or defensive. The good defensive guys are still old.

At least Cleveland has mixup of young and old, that being bring offense and defense.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marion would be the best bench pickup for the Cavs all summer.

He can still score, and more importantly he can defend.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Lucas is probably gone, he probably would get as many minutes a Jones.

Allen
Miller

TT
Delledova
Marion---all proven defensive players and can still score.

Miami's bench that played mostly was

Andersen
Battier
Allen
Cole
Lewis
And sometimes Haslem

That is old and doesn't bring much offense or defensive. The good defensive guys are still old.

At least Cleveland has mixup of young and old, that being bring offense and defense.

no matter what they say - Waiters is gonna get plenty of minutes on the 2nd unit too- it just does not make sense to play him with Kyrie, Love and LeBron and then leave the 2nd unit without a go-to guy

I think Varejao and Waiters will probably finish games--- but even Varejao might be better off being in the 2nd unit and while he might start- get him outta there early and give Thompson and his young legs teh majority of minutes- unless there is a matchup issue and we really need a true center on a day we play a team that has a true center-

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hope:Please God, let it be Blatche.

Anyone but Bynum.

That fucker is a walking ponzi scheme.

Doc don't do it........:gaah:

Jorge Sedano @SedanoESPN · 33m

Clippers to work out back up Centers this week. Names that will come thru: Andray Blatche, Greg Oden, Andrew Bynum & Emeka Okafor

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marion would be the best bench pickup for the Cavs all summer.

He can still score, and more importantly he can defend.

I agree...id be very happy having him come off the bench for 12-18 minutes a game and matchup

i could imagine a lineup with Lebron moving to the 2, waiters at the 1, marion at the 3, thompson at the 4 and varejao at the 5...lol...that would bea damn good defensive unit, LOL

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no matter what they say - Waiters is gonna get plenty of minutes on the 2nd unit too- it just does not make sense to play him with Kyrie, Love and LeBron and then leave the 2nd unit without a go-to guy

:agree:

Let him go all Jamal Crawford in the 2nd unit.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hope:Please God, let it be Blatche.

Anyone but Bynum.

That fucker is a walking ponzi scheme.

Doc don't do it........:gaah:

Jorge Sedano @SedanoESPN · 33m

Clippers to work out back up Centers this week. Names that will come thru: Andray Blatche, Greg Oden, Andrew Bynum & Emeka Okafor

bynum needs to be outta the league- he single handedly wrecked the cavs season and i swear on some level he was responsible for all the shit in the locker room

dont tell me if we bring in a great leader like elton brand instead of a shithead like bynum that things arent different-

i actually was optimstic about bynum- i will cop to that one- probably the worst prediction i ever had on any of these boards was predicting bynum would bea good contriuter for 20-25 a night...instead he tore the rucking team apart....

its not a coincdence that once he left the team played a lot better record wise

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree...id be very happy having him come off the bench for 12-18 minutes a game and matchup

i could imagine a lineup with Lebron moving to the 2, waiters at the 1, marion at the 3, thompson at the 4 and varejao at the 5...lol...that would bea damn good defensive unit, LOL

I like him playing the 4 in small ball situations 2.

Love at the 5, or even Andy....in small spurts would be filthy.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would be, but notice how you needed to remove Love and Kyrie to accomplish it?
IMO, that is why your roster isn't near elite enough to win a championship.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bynum needs to be outta the league- he single handedly wrecked the cavs season and i swear on some level he was responsible for all the shit in the locker room

dont tell me if we bring in a great leader like elton brand instead of a shithead like bynum that things arent different-

i actually was optimstic about bynum- i will cop to that one- probably the worst prediction i ever had on any of these boards was predicting bynum would bea good contriuter for 20-25 a night...instead he tore the rucking team apart....

its not a coincdence that once he left the team played a lot better record wise

Indy took a massive shit after signing him too.

Roy Hibberts became a basket case as soon as he was added to the roster:noidea:.