• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expectations for the Cavs should definitely be tempered at this point. Rarely does a new core of players mesh well enough to contend in their first year together. There is complete uncertainty about how every player on that Cavs rosters (except LeBron) will perform in the postseason. There are a number of teams I would put ahead of the Cavs on my list of 2015 title contenders.

All that said, I do think that saying it will take them several years to contend is going a bit too far. Certainly possible, but not unreasonable to conclude otherwise.

The East is wide-open at the moment... I can see any of 6-7 teams, including the Cavs, coming out of the East. I certainly don't think its unreasonable to count the Cavs near or at the top of the list of eastern teams most likely to get to the Finals.

dude,

the first year together with their big 3 the celtics won it all

the first year together with the heats big 3 they got to the finals

-the only team that even has a prayer against the Cavs in a 7 game series is the Bulls- and that assumes Rose is fully healthy after not playing the last 2 years-

Cavs win 61 and go to the Finals year 1

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO...I have not been to Ohio in over a decade.

Has it completely bottomed out and become the armpit of America?

Despite it being Embiid's first visit to Philadelphia, the organization did not formally introduce him to the city or Sixers' fans, but the 7-foot center posted plenty of tweets reflecting his stay in the City of Brotherly Love. "I wasn't expecting the city to be like that," Embiid said of his visit. "I was expecting it to be like Cleveland or Milwaukee, but it was way better. I got my first cheesesteak. I was visiting and it was great." Yahoo! Sports

That should get him the "Kiki Vandeweghe" treatment.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant won 20 games in his 1st year, and 23 games in his 2nd year.

Kyrie is coming into his 4th year, which is right around when most stars finally start to become the player they will be.

Great players take 3to4 years to hit their stride. Look at Kobe, Pippen, Durant, anyone other than LeBron. (And maybe magic and Duncan but they came into awesome situations)

thank you!!!

people act like Kyrie is not going to vastly get better-----CP3, Durant and LeBron in each of their first two years made ZERO combined playoff appearances- ZERO.....

the Cavs in my mind played it PERFECTLY - because however they finished- they ended up getting the #1pick- which will either give them wiggins- or net them Love....

if you were Dan Gilbert you literally could not have wrote this script better for the CAvs.....now they ar ready to roll

especially once MArion and Allen sign their vet. min. deals :)

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Expectations for the Cavs should definitely be tempered at this point. Rarely does a new core of players mesh well enough to contend in their first year together. There is complete uncertainty about how every player on that Cavs rosters (except LeBron) will perform in the postseason. There are a number of teams I would put ahead of the Cavs on my list of 2015 title contenders.

All that said, I do think that saying it will take them several years to contend is going a bit too far. Certainly possible, but not unreasonable to conclude otherwise.

The East is wide-open at the moment... I can see any of 6-7 teams, including the Cavs, coming out of the East. I certainly don't think its unreasonable to count the Cavs near or at the top of the list of eastern teams most likely to get to the Finals.
No...too easy of a cop out. If the great Lebron James gets two All-Stars then THEY SHOULD win. Why is everyone letting the pressure be taken off? He also has copied Riley's blue print and gone after 3 point shooters...all of which have played in a Riley system. So hell no, their expectations should not be lowered. This team should be the favorite and they should feel that pressure. Why is everyone cutting them a break!!! If they don't win, it should now be another EPIC Failure especially in the weak EAST!

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Last edited by a moderator:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thank you!!!

people act like Kyrie is not going to vastly get better-----CP3, Durant and LeBron in each of their first two years made ZERO combined playoff appearances- ZERO.....

the Cavs in my mind played it PERFECTLY - because however they finished- they ended up getting the #1pick- which will either give them wiggins- or net them Love....

if you were Dan Gilbert you literally could not have wrote this script better for the CAvs.....now they ar ready to roll

especially once MArion and Allen sign their vet. min. deals :)

Doesn't change the fact that irving is very overrated and you will win 56-57 I don't see 61. A potential great offense yes. But an average defense IMO

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't change the fact that irving is very overrated and you will win 56-57 I don't see 61. A potential great offense yes. But an average defense IMO

as i have said before- I saw a Cavs team not nearly as talented win 66 games. 61 is in the bag

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as i have said before- I saw a Cavs team not nearly as talented win 66 games. 61 is in the bag

That's irrelevant to the upcoming NBA season. All you need to know about that year is that only 4 other teams in the East finished over .500

Stop bringing up irrelevant stuff from 6 years ago.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also that year the West only had 9 teams with a winning record with the other 6 teams finishing with 29 wins or fewer including 2 finishing under 20 wins. Compare that to last season when only 3 teams in the West finished with under 29 wins and I can easily see the Lakers/Kings winning 33-36 teams.

The league as a whole is just better than it was 6 years ago when they won 66 games

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also that year the West only had 9 teams with a winning record with the other 6 teams finishing with 29 wins or fewer including 2 finishing under 20 wins. Compare that to last season when only 3 teams in the West finished with under 29 wins and I can easily see the Lakers/Kings winning 33-36 teams.

The league as a whole is just better than it was 6 years ago when they won 66 games

Yup

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's irrelevant to the upcoming NBA season. All you need to know about that year is that only 4 other teams in the East finished over .500

i dont see how its irrelvant to comment that the last 2 seasons Lebron was in Cleveland that during the regular season- which is what we are talking about, the team won 66 and 61 games- with a team that was substantially less talented.

especially seeing LeBron lose some weight- it would seem to me that he looks extremely motivated to go at it from start to finish, and has the youth and athletes around him so he wont be worn down on a nightly basis doing all the dirty work himself.

Varejao and Thompson will both crash the boards so LeBron does not have to lead the team
Kyrie and Waiters can make plays with the ball so LeBron does not have to freak out and take the ball from Mario Chalmers when he pisses down his leg
and when Love drills three's on the perimeter instead of staying out there and being afraid of contact- he will go down there and board and get dirty unlike bosh of the clipped testicles

put in a couple eager to please rooks like Powell and Harris and a super-scrapper like Delledova....

and leBron has all the ancillary tools he needs to once again become the guy that makes those crazy chase downs, and jumps passing lanes, and generally has fun instead of wondering if he is gonna get any help that night and if the batman to his robin is gonna sit out with a sore pussy

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 2009 66 win Cavs team had some of the best defenders in a long while....a bunch of them
They were a very smothering defense. Everyone could play defense on that team.

I think they were 1st overall in defense with an extremely deep bunch of individual defenders.
This current version looks like a "defense optional" bunch.

Irving and Love might be the two of the worst in the league at their positions.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league is better.....Much better at that.

When there are 6 teams under 30 wins out west you know it was a bad year.

The East had 7 teams over .500 last season (only 5 in 2009) and should've had 8 if Horford didn't get hurt and this year they should have 9-10 teams over .500

11 of the 15 teams out West last year had 36+ wins with only 3 of them finishing below 30 wins.

It is quite obvious the league has improved drastically from 2008-2009

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 2009 66 win Cavs team had some of the best defenders in a long while....a bunch of them

I think they were 1st overall in defense with an extremely deep bunch of individual defenders.

Irving is harden esque I agree. But loves defense isn't that bad if you actually watch him on league pass. But cavs are average on defense on paper. The cavs defense back then was #1 btw

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebron didn't hit 60 with the prime Heatles.

The Heat nor the Pacers sniffed 60 last Season and the gap has closed significantly between the top 2 teams in the East and the next 3-4 teams.

Way too much parity this Season.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won 66 in 2013 but that version of Wade is better than what Kyrie will be this year and they also were a very good defensive team that year

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the guys with the most minutes on that team in order

LeBron 37mpg
Mo 35 mpg
Delonte i banked your mom West 33 mpg
Varejao 29
Z 27
Boobie Gibson 24
Big Ben 24
Wally World 21
Sasha the human charge pavlovlic 16
hickson 11

THAT TEAM won 66 freaking games ...yah....lol.....thats LeBron trying all 82...well, he sat out game 82 when the cavs lost the last game at home in OT to lose only 3 games at home al lyear

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also this is their first year together. This is basically a new team with the exception of Kyrie, Waiters, Varejao, & Thompson.

There will be some growing pains