• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On top of that unlike most of the players you mentioned he plays in the weak ass east

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade won 41 games in his rookie year. Kyrie has had a solid roster the last 2 years. I give him a pass for his rookie year but he gotta do better in yrs 2 & 3

Wade was the third leading scorer and played in like 60 games.

I will say, though, Wade is a good example of a player that hit his stride very quickly, as his 2nd year in the league he was hitting his stride and the best player on his team.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durants inability to win even a quarter of his games the first two years is the reason the Thunder end up with 2 more top-5 picks in Westbrook and Harden and a third 1st rounder in Ibaka.

Contrasts with LeBron instantly pushing 40 wins in Cleveland. Cle didn't see the lottery till James left.

This is one reason the BS about OKC building a team the right way vs LeBron colluding and cheating is so ridiculous.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People act like kyrie has some great track record of leading his teams. The cavs went 21-45, 24-58, and 33-49 with superstar kyrie Irving running the show

The Cavalier are counting on all the winning and deep playoff experience of Kevin Love to carry them........or was it their decorated NBA coach with years of grinding it out in the NBA...

I lose track of whether its the experience of Kyrie, Love, or the coach that makes them a 70 win team.

I cannot quite keep track of the Cavs master strategy for their 2015 parade.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Cavalier are counting on all the winning and deep playoff experience of Kevin Love to carry them........or was it their decorated NBA coach with years of grinding it out in the NBA...

I lose track of whether its the experience of Kyrie, Love, or the coach that makes them a 70 win team.

lol...don't you understand that it is just meant to be. The King's triumphant return home. The balls bounce the Cavs way, the trades for another super-team, league ratings up....come on its gotta happen. F

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey if you need to after the parade you can crash at my place! You'll have to clear away the bubbly and bud though

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey if you need to after the parade you can crash at my place! You'll have to clear away the bubbly and bud though

I'm just wondering if you're going to pull a Botslayer next June and hang out in the WNBA threads should/when the Cavs lose next year.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5 most overrated players right now

1. Paul George
2. Kyrie Irving
3. James Harden
4. Roy Hibbert
5. Jamal Crawford

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...don't you understand that it is just meant to be. The King's triumphant return home. The balls bounce the Cavs way, the trades for another super-team, league ratings up....come on its gotta happen. F

I'm rooting for the Mavericks to make it to the Finals and beat Lebron again

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron isnt getting to the Finals anytime soon.. Everyone is so caught up in the "Return of the King" story and what a homecoming it would be if he brings them a title, people are overlooking that this team is not good. They have years, if that, before they will even be a top contender.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant won 20 games in his 1st year, and 23 games in his 2nd year.

Kyrie is coming into his 4th year, which is right around when most stars finally start to become the player they will be.

Great players take 3to4 years to hit their stride. Look at Kobe, Pippen, Durant, anyone other than LeBron. (And maybe magic and Duncan but they came into awesome situations)

I don't think Kobe is a good example since he didn't start until his 4th season in the league.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well done, Scalabrine, well done.

Last edited by a moderator:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron isnt getting to the Finals anytime soon.. Everyone is so caught up in the "Return of the King" story and what a homecoming it would be if he brings them a title, people are overlooking that this team is not good. They have years, if that, before they will even be a top contender.

Expectations for the Cavs should definitely be tempered at this point. Rarely does a new core of players mesh well enough to contend in their first year together. There is complete uncertainty about how every player on that Cavs rosters (except LeBron) will perform in the postseason. There are a number of teams I would put ahead of the Cavs on my list of 2015 title contenders.

All that said, I do think that saying it will take them several years to contend is going a bit too far. Certainly possible, but not unreasonable to conclude otherwise.

The East is wide-open at the moment... I can see any of 6-7 teams, including the Cavs, coming out of the East. I certainly don't think its unreasonable to count the Cavs near or at the top of the list of eastern teams most likely to get to the Finals.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True.

Unless they get Love.

If they get Kevin, the Bulls are likely the only Team that would keep them out of the Finals.

They'd still lose to the Spurs.

But, it's not farfetched to think they could make it.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO...I have not been to Ohio in over a decade.

Has it completely bottomed out and become the armpit of America?

Despite it being Embiid's first visit to Philadelphia, the organization did not formally introduce him to the city or Sixers' fans, but the 7-foot center posted plenty of tweets reflecting his stay in the City of Brotherly Love. "I wasn't expecting the city to be like that," Embiid said of his visit. "I was expecting it to be like Cleveland or Milwaukee, but it was way better. I got my first cheesesteak. I was visiting and it was great." Yahoo! Sports

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People act like kyrie has some great track record of leading his teams. The cavs went 21-45, 24-58, and 33-49 with superstar kyrie Irving running the show

No, people don't act that way.

Just Russ.

Again, until he shows otherwise on the court, Paul, Parker, Westbrook, Curry, Lillard, Wall are all better.

Hell, even Conley/Teague have been solid, not spectacular, and gotten their teams in the post season.

If I'm being honest, I'd probably take Dragic over him too, short-term.

Kyrie can score and has a fancy dribble.

That's only a prime asset on the and 1 mixtape tour.

The Cavs will be greatly improved this Season.

But, it will be because of Lebron, not Kyrie.

He is uber-talented.

But, will be the 3rd best player on his own team when they trade for Love.

Last edited by a moderator: