• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolves + Gibson + Mirotic + McDermott - Love = 11th-16th seed in the West.

The #1 priority for the Wolves in a trade should be ceiling and picks. It makes no sense to go for the players most ready to contribute when that won't get you a sniff at the playoffs.

Told mirotic is not included can't be traded anyway

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,656.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ and I are gonna love you.

We are the King and Queen of Stats.

So, imagine how we feel about a site that lets you post graphs and pie charts :hammer:

Viva La Sports SportsHoopla!

He's a solid poster.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to let everyone know, the wolves had pretty much the same point differential as mavs did... They were unlucky just like the warriors. Who won 51 games but were protected to win 54 with the point differential they had

But, like Clayton said, they couldn't close the deal at the end of games.

I was actually unaware of that fact until Twins, a Fannation Refugee, pointed that out to me during the Season.

Sadly, my Team was on the receiving end of a fair share of Kevin Love DAGGERS.

So, I figured he did that to everyone.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told mirotic is not included can't be traded anyway

Nor McDermott for 30 days.

But, this is what I saw.....

Darren Wolfson: NBA source w/ a big stake in the #Twolves/Cavs talks verifies @Chris Sheridan report: Gibson, Mirotic, McDermott on the table for Love.

Joe Cowley: McDermott signing would hold deal back from being official for 30 days, but could agree in principle. If Forman and Bulls would have been all in on Tuesday for Love, they wouldn't have had McDermott sign. It's a Wed morning decision made.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else think this is all a rouse to fleece the Cavs?

I mean, the Bulls just signed McDermott yesterday.

So, this deal would have to sit for 29 days.

What on earth will other teams offer to usurp this deal by the end of those 29 days?

This might be smoke.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think GSW getting Love is going to hurt them more than help them IMO

I like Klay a lot

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the odds of Love putting up the numbers he put up last year? I suspect there will be a mild regression just because he pushes himself so hard. A podcast I heard last year mentioned that Love runs his full speed (read: not much) more than any other player in the league

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers want Doc?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else think this is all a rouse to fleece the Cavs?

I mean, the Bulls just signed McDermott yesterday.

So, this deal would have to sit for 29 days.

What on earth will other teams offer to usurp this deal by the end of those 29 days?

This might be smoke.

It is smoke. Wolfson is the minny mouthpiece lol

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,656.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 14m
Also, Rockets rookie forward Clint Capela is expected to be on the team's roster next season, not overseas, a source told Yahoo.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Love ends up in GS.

IF DJ thinks Love ends up in Golden State than that DEFINITELY means he is going to the Cavs LOL

this is also the guy that said Kyrie wanted out of Cleveland and would not sign a max-

ANd he said the CAvs would not even offer him a max

AND said there was now way LeBron was going back to Cleveland and totally dismissed the notion as ridiculous when everyone brought it up

but......

On opening night I WILL BE WATCHING LEBRON AND KYRIE run a pick and roll together- and after DJ just made that comment- i feel fairly comfortable stating Kevin Love will be in the corner wide open when LeBron rolls to the basket!

:lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the odds of Love putting up the numbers he put up last year? I suspect there will be a mild regression just because he pushes himself so hard. A podcast I heard last year mentioned that Love runs his full speed (read: not much) more than any other player in the league

In Cleveland with LeBron and Kyrie- Love would not have to go balls-out every night- all three guys could pick and choose their spots and support eachother

unlike last year when LeBron carried Dwade on his back most of the year when Dwade just sat out almost 30 games for no apparent reason....

and if the Love deal does not get done to Cleveland thats cool by me- its really a no-lose scenario for the Cavs

I mean- i watched omar vizquel and robbie alomar turn double plays- to me that is as close to perfection as i have seen on a field of sport

watching Kyrie push the ball with Wiggins on one wing and LeBron on the other on a fast break with Mike Miller trailing for the triple might just come close---- to when the talents involved and the situation and the play just come together for sports perfection

like Montana to Rice on a crossing route or Jim Edmonds running down a fly ball over his head, or a Manny Ramirez at bat with a guy in scoring position late in the game...

a fastbreak of Kyrie/LeBron/Wiggins/Miller would be close to perfection in motion

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GSW should take Love. I don't even want the Cavs to get him, I would rather Cleveland have a good defnder and athlete in Wig and the offense will come.

And the fact that Love is a max player and what if he gets hurt or something. Keep Wig pay him the 5.5 and hopefully it pays off. I'm sick of hearing about Love.

I actually kinda feel this way too

the Cavs can make a deal some where else if they really need a big without ripping their depth and future assets totally apart

with those non-guaranteed contracts ANd extra first rounders from Memphis (that wont transfer to the Cavs UNLESS its a lotto pick) and the Miami pick they own- plus the Haywood non guaranteed for 10M next offseason- the Cavs have a ton of ammo to go for a guy that is still really good but just not a top 10 guy like Love....

I would really like to see the Cavs go after Henson from the Bucks, or maybe a sign and trade for Monroe, Horford from the Hawks maybe, if the Griz fall out of it maybe Randolph or Gasol become available- Favors from the Jazz....

keep Wiggins and go and get a defensive center with your abundance of assets ---

Like i have been saying - if they got Love- i wont be complaining - but Miami just got destroyed in the Finals since they had no flexibility (and also a cheap owner) to add other good players around a maxed out big 3....