• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing.....what "assets" does Cleveland actually have? Wiggins and........??? Cavs fans keep trying to convince us that Bennett, Thompson, and Waiters are studs, LMAO......I just don't see it, and I'm not the only one. And from what I've been reading, the only one they offered was Bennett.

I've read that Minny has no interest in any players on the Cavs roster outside of Wiggins. I can buy that......but then, WHY are they still negotiating? If they aren't interested in any other players, then the Cavs have nothing to offer. So unless they think they can swing a multi-team deal, I wonder what the end game is for Minny. It's clearly not just Wiggins.

I think it would be to drive/keep the price up for Love. When this started, GSW's stance was that there's no way Klay Thompson gets included. Now, with Cleveland, the Bulls and apparently the Celtics in the mix, we have Steven A. saying he knows for a fact that Klay is included. While I don't consider Steven A. to be particularly credible, there is too much noise from too many other sources saying that Klay was included for it not to have merit.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Wiggins is the player many hope he is... it will be at least 3 years, probably more like 4 or 5 before he gets there.

Let's look at a couple rookies who found themselves on a team with one of the league's best players...

Pippen: Didn't even start to hit his stride until year 3. Didn't truly become the player he would be until year 5. (Bulls won first title in his 4th year)
5pr03n.png

Kobe: Again, didn't even start to hit his stride until year 3. Didn't truly become the player he would be until year 5. (Lakers won first title with him in his 4th year)
2mmsajp.png

Even if Wiggins is going to be a star in this league... and that's a big if... it's going to be several years before he comes close to being that player.

Unless the guy is Magic Johnson, the Cavs can't expect him to make a big impact in the first few years.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,656.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Wiggins is the player many hope he is... it will be at least 3 years, probably more like 4 or 5 before he gets there.

Let's look at a couple rookies who found themselves on a team with one of the league's best players...

Pippen: Didn't even start to hit his stride until year 3. Didn't truly become the player he would be until year 5. (Bulls won first title in his 4th year)
5pr03n.png

Kobe: Again, didn't even start to hit his stride until year 3. Didn't truly become the player he would be until year 5. (Lakers won first title with him in his 4th year)
2mmsajp.png

Even if Wiggins is going to be a star in this league... and that's a big if... it's going to be several years before he comes close to being that player.

Unless the guy is Magic Johnson, the Cavs can't expect him to make a big impact in the first few years.

Exactly.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate this move by the Bulls if they make this trade. Why give up those 3 for Love. Doesn't make sense. This means Gasol goes to the bench and he wont be happy about that and we lose 2 players that can shoot the 3(they need players like this) and they lose Gibson who can rebound and play tight D in the 4th Q.

I hate this trade if it happens. Makes no sense for the Bulls.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marc Gasol: "I didn't try to convince Pau to come to Memphis. I told him he would have to come off the bench and he said he wouldn't sign with the Grizzlies," he joked. Marca.com - See more at: HoopsHype - NBA Rumors

No way he would want to come off the bench in Chitown either.

Bulls please don't make this trade.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate this move by the Bulls if they make this trade. Why give up those 3 for Love. Doesn't make sense. This means Gasol goes to the bench and he wont be happy about that and we lose 2 players that can shoot the 3(they need players like this) and they lose Gibson who can rebound and play tight D in the 4th Q.

I hate this trade if it happens. Makes no sense for the Bulls.

C'mon man rose, Love, Noah, gasol, butler... That's a great team there

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon man rose, Love, Noah, gasol, butler... That's a great team there

Yes but Love, Gasol and Noah cant all play in the starting lineup. Sorry I pass on that trade. Love is great but not for what we are giving up. I want to try it with this team.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but Love, Gasol and Noah cant all play in the starting lineup. Sorry I pass on that trade. Love is great but not for what we are giving up. I want to try it with this team.

No way. You go with Rose, love, Noah in your starting 5

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Writer also says Bulls GM put a deadline on the offer so Flip can't take it back to Cleveland

According to a Timberwolves source, the Bulls made a “significant offer’’ Wednesday morning for Kevin Love, and it’s an offer that is being “heavily considered.’’

The source said that the two headlining names in the package were Taj Gibson and Doug McDermott, “as well as a few other assets.’’

There was a report that Nikola Mirotic was also involved, but the source could not confirm that.

The Bulls continued being very mum on any trade talks.

If McDermott is involved, the deal would have to wait 30 days until after McDermott signed his rookie contract, which just so happened to be on Tuesday.

As far as how the last 24 hours transpired to get the new deal on the table, as of Tuesday night, the Bulls were contacted by Minnesota and informed that the Cleveland Cavaliers had the best deal on the table, but it wasn’t enough to sway them just yet.

Knowing that the window on a title is now, the Bulls upped the ante in the morning.

According to the source, the Bulls have been using backchannels with Love to figure out his desire this season, as well as after the season when he could become a free agent, and feel that he would indeed do something long-term with them.

As far as the Minnesota side of it, the Timberwolves feel like they need to compete in the Western Conference now, rather than an entire rebuild that the Cleveland package would result in

Bulls offer Taj Gibson, Doug McDermott for Kevin Love ? source - Chicago Sun-Times

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the Bulls offer in a vacuum... it makes zero sense. Love+Gasol+Noah is just weird and seems easily exploitable for the other team.

BUT... if you think of the Bulls choice as being between making the deal or having Love end up in Cleveland with LeBron and Kyrie.... making the deal starts to make a little bit of sense. I'm still not convinced it's smart, but I understand it better in that context.

All that said... if I'm the wolves, the Bulls offer does not trump a Cavs deal with Wiggins. Gibson is a fine player. McDermott may or may not be and has a ceiling well below Wiggins. I would need a lot more to pull me away from Wiggins. Gibson? Seriously?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also... a lot of these sourced reports absolutely reek of Minnesota trying to scare Cleveland into upping the ante.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Love goes anywhere other then Cleveland. Lets see if Lebron can win with what he has there and was so quick to run home to. I would love to see that the Cavs front office is still unable to do anything for LBJ.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pelton_bestscorers.jpg

Tier 1: LeBron and KD
Tier 2: Steph and Harden
Tier 3: Dirk and Love

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,656.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 21m
Barring an unforseen snag, Mavs on course to land Jameer Nelson to fortify their backcourt on a deal via Dallas' $2.7 million room exception

No superstars but they are having a nice offseason.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, if I'm Minny, I'm taking the Bulls deal.

Taj, Mirotic and McBuckets?

All under contract?

Yeah.....

Clearly, Wiggins has more upside.

But, those are 3 young guys that will be rotation players at worst.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,656.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls would deal Gasol around the trade deadline if they got Love. It's not that hard to figure out, he has a manageable contract they could flip.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 21m
Barring an unforseen snag, Mavs on course to land Jameer Nelson to fortify their backcourt on a deal via Dallas' $2.7 million room exception

No superstars but they are having a nice offseason.

Pisses me off that he was had at such a low price.

I would much rather have him than Farmer.

I bet he will be the Starter there by December.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolves + Gibson + Mirotic + McDermott - Love = 11th-16th seed in the West.

The #1 priority for the Wolves in a trade should be ceiling and picks. It makes no sense to go for the players most ready to contribute when that won't get you a sniff at the playoffs.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolves + Gibson + Mirotic + McDermott - Love = 11th-16th seed in the West.

The #1 priority for the Wolves in a trade should be ceiling and picks. It makes no sense to go for the players most ready to contribute when that won't get you a sniff at the playoffs.

They haven't " sniffed " the playoffs in all the time that Love has been on the roster.

So, how is this situation different?:lol:

The fact that they are trying to get Klay Thompson tells me that they are not solely looking for projects.