• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course......those clowns in Minnesota will probably end up losing on the Warriors offer and trading Love to the Cavs for Bennett, Thompson and 2 future first rounders. LOL.

Yup. Also wiggins isn't on the table I don't thi

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Also wiggins isn't on the table I don't thi

I seriously doubt they will talk to Cleveland without Wiggins on the table. If not they have no reason to even bother listening to the Cavs.

My guess is Cleveland tries to find a 3rd team that needs to unload an unhappy star, say Phoenix, so that they don't have to part with Wiggins.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously doubt they will talk to Cleveland without Wiggins on the table. If not they have no reason to even bother listening to the Cavs.

My guess is Cleveland tries to find a 3rd team that needs to unload an unhappy star, say Phoenix, so that they don't have to part with Wiggins.

I was hearing that they talked to sixers about Thaddeus young

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched First Take this morning.......Stephen A says he knows for a FACT that Klay Thompson was part of the deal they offered to Minny.

He has the same opinion I do......so far Cleveland has really offered nothing of substance that would make any reasonable person believe they are in the driver's seat. He openly questioned whether there was something else going on to facilitate Lebron pairing with Love at a higher level, because he (and apparently a few other sports writers) all think the GS offer FAR exceeds what Cleveland has.

I think I agree to an extent......the Cleveland offer is BAD.....and suspect. Without Wiggins they don't have an offer at all in reality. And even WITH Wiggins included it's still not much.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA wants Love with Lebron.
That is the redemption storyline worth the most revenue and the most eyeballs on TV.

The NBA gets what it wants.

There is not open tampering or conspiracy type stuff....It is not crazy tinfoil hat stuff.
But there is enough subtle pressure and hidden innuendo to influence things like this Love trade.

It is not intentional, but it happens.
Cleveland will likely win the "sweepstakes" with a lesser bid than other teams.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheridan with some info

Chris Sheridan ‏@sheridanhoops 1m
EXCLUSIVE: #Bulls have offered Taj Gibson, Nikola Mirotic and Doug McDermott to #Twolves for K.Love, per NBA source.

"The Golden State Warriors and Boston Celtics also remain in contention for Love, according to the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity."

Flip is playing the league like a fiddle. LMAO at those who have been criticizing him. Oh sure, he is benefiting from LeBron going to the Cavs, but he isn't exactly bending over backwards.

True or not, they are going to make the Cavs pay with just about every asset they have to make this trade now instead of 30 days after Wiggins signs. Or maybe the Cavs pull away from the table and all hell breaks loose.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched First Take this morning.......Stephen A says he knows for a FACT that Klay Thompson was part of the deal they offered to Minny.

He has the same opinion I do......so far Cleveland has really offered nothing of substance that would make any reasonable person believe they are in the driver's seat. He openly questioned whether there was something else going on to facilitate Lebron pairing with Love at a higher level, because he (and apparently a few other sports writers) all think the GS offer FAR exceeds what Cleveland has.

I think I agree to an extent......the Cleveland offer is BAD.....and suspect. Without Wiggins they don't have an offer at all in reality. And even WITH Wiggins included it's still not much.

Yeah he said our offer the other day was lee, Barnes, klay for love martin and brewer. I think. But I think GS best offer should be lee, klay for love martin

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheridan with some info

EXCLUSIVE: #Bulls have offered Taj Gibson, Nikola Mirotic and Doug McDermott to #Twolves for K.Love, per NBA source.

"The Golden State Warriors and Boston Celtics also remain in contention for Love, according to the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity."

Flip is playing the league like a fiddle. LMAO at those who have been criticizing him. Oh sure, he is benefiting from LeBron going to the Cavs, but he isn't exactly bending over backwards.

True or not, they are going to make the Cavs pay with just about every asset they have to make this trade now instead of 30 days after Wiggins signs. Or maybe the Cavs pull away from the table and all hell breaks loose.

That's the thing.....what "assets" does Cleveland actually have? Wiggins and........??? Cavs fans keep trying to convince us that Bennett, Thompson, and Waiters are studs, LMAO......I just don't see it, and I'm not the only one. And from what I've been reading, the only one they offered was Bennett.

I've read that Minny has no interest in any players on the Cavs roster outside of Wiggins. I can buy that......but then, WHY are they still negotiating? If they aren't interested in any other players, then the Cavs have nothing to offer. So unless they think they can swing a multi-team deal, I wonder what the end game is for Minny. It's clearly not just Wiggins.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GSW should take Love. I don't even want the Cavs to get him, I would rather Cleveland have a good defnder and athlete in Wig and the offense will come.

And the fact that Love is a max player and what if he gets hurt or something. Keep Wig pay him the 5.5 and hopefully it pays off. I'm sick of hearing about Love.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love is overrated... does not add wins ... he'll find himself with fantasy #s but does not get wins...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheridan with some info

Yet IMO, the GSW offer if by far the best I've read/seen.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,394.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GSW should take Love. I don't even want the Cavs to get him, I would rather Cleveland have a good defnder and athlete in Wig and the offense will come.

And the fact that Love is a max player and what if he gets hurt or something. Keep Wig pay him the 5.5 and hopefully it pays off. I'm sick of hearing about Love.

They HAVE TO TRY AND WIN NOW.

Wiggins could be a great player in 3-4 years, but not right out of the gate. He's extremely raw on on the offensive end and didn't wow many in his one college season. He was often lethargic and seemed disinterested.

James is 29 and has never had a major injury, but he's logged a lot of minutes and games (841 plus another 158 in the playoffs). He's almost 30 and has a few really good seasons before he starts to fall off. And his style of play leads one to believe he will encounter a serious injury at some point in his career.

Not hating, just saying.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,394.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 17m
The Mavericks have voided forward Rashard Lewis' one-year contract after finding out he needed knee surgery in his physical, a source said.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They HAVE TO TRY AND WIN NOW.

Wiggins could be a great player in 3-4 years, but not right out of the gate. He's extremely raw on on the offensive end and didn't wow many in his one college season. He was often lethargic and seemed disinterested.

James is 29 and has never had a major injury, but he's logged a lot of minutes and games (841 plus another 158 in the playoffs). He's almost 30 and has a few really good seasons before he starts to fall off. And his style of play leads one to believe he will encounter a serious injury at some point in his career.

Not hating, just saying.
Good post!!! Yes the Cavs have to win NOW!!! Lebron will be 30 later this year and has maybe 4/5 good years left in him. Love will bring the "needed" rebounds for the Cavs, plus Kevin can shoot the 3 ball and open up the middle for James.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love is overrated... does not add wins ... he'll find himself with fantasy #s but does not get wins...
Easy on the booze my friend. Too early in the morning for you to start drinking. No way in hell that Kevin Love is "overrated". He is a top 2/3 Power Forward/Center in the NBA.