• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's not just you. Back in the days, we had Olajuwon, Parish, Jabbar, Malone, Ewing, Robinson and Shaq. Even further back (70s), we had Reed, McAdoo, Lanier, Walton, Thurmond, Chamberlain and Unseld and you can't forget Bill Russell. I guess the game has changed where the "true" center is not very important anymore.

Yep, I agree. It seems like PF is the new center and these guys can now step out long range as well.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, you sexy beast!

I'm so happy to see you here!

:rockon:
Mecca, thanks my friend, that photo was taken along the Washington State coast. I definitely need some work on my abs

Last edited by a moderator:

Schad

Raving Lunatic.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big breaking story on ESPN.

What number will LeBron wear?

holy fuck, how did any of us make it through the day without that????

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave McMenamin: The Lakers have reached a one-year agreement to bring back Xavier Henry on a minimum contract, per league sources.

Adrian Wojnarowski: Lakers waiving guard Kendall Marshall, but have interest in bringing him back on a new deal if he clears waivers, league sources tell Yahoo.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You look awesome.

No wonder you used to laugh when the young Thunder Cats of Fannation used to say they could kick your ass:laugh3:.
Mecca you're going to like C.J Wilcox.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecca you're going to like C.J Wilcox.

I already like him.

Dude is a shooter.

My issue is:

We have squat at the 3 and there were guys on the board that could help.

I wanted Cleanthony Early.

But, my bigger fear is, somebody is getting shown the door.

While I hope it's Bullock * sad what happened to his sibling*, it could be Crawford because he's squawking about his contract.

Depth is always good.

But, having Redick, Crawford, Bullock and Wilcox at sg suggests a move might be on the horizon.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...So, Bledsoe is down to the Bucks?

I would love to see him with Jabari.

But, I hope he stays in PDX.

Not looking good....at all.

Crazy that Philly has zero interest.

They still have 23mil in cap space.

The Philadelphia 76ers are sitting on roughly $23 million in space but are not at all interested in Bledsoe. The Milwaukee Bucks are said to be more than interested however they have just over $11 million available to them and that’s not going to get it done straight up without a sign and trade deal, which sources close to the Bucks say is absolutely on the table on their side. Basketball Insiders

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already like him.

Dude is a shooter.

My issue is:

We have squat at the 3 and there were guys on the board that could help.

I wanted Cleanthony Early.

But, my bigger fear is, somebody is getting shown the door.

While I hope it's Bullock * sad what happened to his sibling*, it could be Crawford because he's squawking about his contract.

Depth is always good.

But, having Redick, Crawford, Bullock and Wilcox at sg suggests a move might be on the horizon.
Yep!!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq was so dominant, we sometimes forget, I don't. He would take on triple teams and dunk on them or dish it to the open man. The thing about him he was the most dominant scorer and a legendary passer for a big man. I would put in the discussion for sure.

If not for his laziness, he could have been the GOAT center. He was absolutely dominant during the Lakers 3-peat.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Xavier is back with the Lakers.

Marshall got waived.

With the Boozer "win", the Lakers needed some extra cap space for Swaggy's deal. Marshall was the obvious one to cut. He's garbage.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's not just you. Back in the days, we had Olajuwon, Parish, Jabbar, Malone, Ewing, Robinson and Shaq. Even further back (70s), we had Reed, McAdoo, Lanier, Walton, Thurmond, Chamberlain and Unseld and you can't forget Bill Russell. I guess the game has changed where the "true" center is not very important anymore.

Hell yeah...Nate Thurmond (from Akron!). OT did you know that Nate is officially credited w/ getting the NBA's 1st quadruple double? The league didn't keep stats on that until sometime in the early/mid 70's.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Boozer "win", the Lakers needed some extra cap space for Swaggy's deal. Marshall was the obvious one to cut. He's garbage.
The Lakers might be relevant again in about three more years.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who will be the worst Team in the Western Conference next year?

It's really hard to tell because everyone, except Houston :doh:, got better.

Either they added FA, draft picks or just got guys healthy.

Kings....Added Collison...not sure that's an upgrade because I'm a Thomas fan....added Staukas, kept Gay and, hopefully, Cousins is a year more mature.

Utah...stayed the course. But, picked up 2 major studs in the draft. Folks are sleeping on Rodney Hood. If they hadn't retained Hayward, Rodney would have been my pick for ROY darkhorse.

Lakers....Got Kobe back. If healthy, that's enough to keep them out of the basement.

Clippers, Blazers, Pelicans, Dallas addressed their frontcourt deficiencies.

Pelicans get a healthy Jrue, Gordon and Davis doesn't have to work so hard on defense with Asik.

Overpaid or not, Parsons will be huge for Dallas. Dirk, Monta, Parsons will pile up the points and Tyson can still protect the glass. But, Felton and Harris at the point is worrisome and they need depth after losing Vince.

Phoenix.....I'm worried.

I don't want them to take a step back.

Maybe they should consider trading Bledsoe for a Center?

Sanders or Henson would do.

I love Plumlee. But, going into the season with just him and Len at the 5 is problematic.

Len seems to break something everytime he touches a basketball:L.

Gonna be a wild, wild west this year.

I think Utah will be the worst because they have zero vets outside of Steve Novak.

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, Congrats:yahoo:.

You Sir, were right all along.

I'm honestly happy for you.

I would make the trade.

You guys really should be in win now mode.

Bron is dominant. But, he aint getting any younger.

Asking him to wait until Thompson, Bennett and Wiggins catch up is a waste of his prime years.

Thanks. I had a hunch that came to fruition. I agree, win now should be the focus. But, I hear the T-Wolves are more interested in Klay Thompson. Don't really know why as I think he benefits from having Curry to play with and Rubio isn't Curry. Wiggins has tremendous upside.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I just saw that.

Bidding for Boozer must have been a spur of the moment decision since they already had Nick and Hill's contracts negotiated.

Eric Pincus @EricPincus about 26 minutes ago
Lakers had enough cap room to make the bid on Boozer - since Young & Hill are not signed - not enough to sign Young though - thus Marshall. By my math - Lakers still short of $21.5 mil for Young - if Kelly doesn't return that will solve, but perhaps there's a compromise to be had.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. I had a hunch that came to fruition. I agree, win now should be the focus. But, I hear the T-Wolves are more interested in Klay Thompson. Don't really know why as I think he benefits from having Curry to play with and Rubio isn't Curry. Wiggins has tremendous upside.

You had more than a hunch.

But, I give you props for not gloating.

You were right and I was so very wrong.

I was sipping the Cavs Kool Ad last Season.

Looks like I jumped ship 6 months to early:doh:.