• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well other than Kobe, who had the best center of all-time, Magic and Bird were set they had 4-5 HOF's on their team. The league is more dispersed now and there is more competition along with diversity.
Yeah good point, Kobe hasn't had a real good center since 2004.

Last edited by a moderator:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You put way too much stock into summer league. He's playing with nobody who will be in the Heat rotation/roster on opening night. The one player who would be there on opening night is Ennis who's been out a few games now. Most of these guys will be lucky to make an NBA roster.

I'm almost certain Napier would look much better when he is surrounded by actual NBA players.

I will get worried about him if he's playing like this 3 months into the season

Im looking at his shooting. He is going to have trouble in the NBA.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Summer League is a horrible indicator.

it is a lot of guys who are trying hard to catch on with the teams.

So, solid basketball IQ, team play, defense, passing, and little nuances sometimes get overlooked by individual attempts to impress scouts.

Then you have players who are instructed to work on one thing....like setting the best weakside screens and not shooting each time down the field....

It becomes a jumbled mess of different motivations.

A summer league star might be a complete waste of space in the context of actual basketball and vice versa.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe played with a dominant Pau Gasol.
He played with the few elite years of Andrew Bynum.
Even Lamar Odom was a pretty skilled 7 footer in the front court.
Gasol might technically not be a center, sort of like Duncan. But, he was a Big.

Kobe had plenty of great bigs in the 2nd championship era.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Summer League is a horrible indicator.

it is a lot of guys who are trying hard to catch on with the teams.

So, solid basketball IQ, team play, defense, passing, and little nuances sometimes get overlooked by individual attempts to impress scouts.

Then you have players who are instructed to work on one thing....like setting the best weakside screens and not shooting each time down the field....

It becomes a jumbled mess of different motivations.

A summer league star might be a complete waste of space in the context of actual basketball and vice versa.
Great comment!!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marc Gasol & Joakim Noah disagree.

Yah, Noah has become pretty damn good. You don't hear much from Gasol anymore but still very solid. It seemed like back in the day there were better centers big man on general. Maybe that's just me.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe played with a dominant Pau Gasol.
He played with the few elite years of Andrew Bynum.
Even Lamar Odom was a pretty skilled 7 footer in the front court.
Gasol might technically not be a center, sort of like Duncan. But, he was a Big.

Kobe had plenty of great bigs in the 2nd championship era.
The original comment #6098 was, "Well other than Kobe, who had the best center of all-time, Magic and Bird were set they had 4-5 HOF's on their team". Shanemans was referring to "great" HOFers in Jabbar and Shaq. Gasol, Odom or Bynum are not in the same class as Jabbar and Shaq. Kobe hasn't played with a "great center" since 2004.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why yes I am now officially back on board the spaceship. I think I said LeBron might come back to Cleveland! Is it still called leaveland? Should we trade Wiggins for Love? I'd prefer not to, but Love probably makes Cleveland the favorite to win the NBA title this year. It might take Wiggins a couple of years to make the Cavs title winners while LeBron gets older and his skills begin to decline.

Dude, Congrats:yahoo:.

You Sir, were right all along.

I'm honestly happy for you.

I would make the trade.

You guys really should be in win now mode.

Bron is dominant. But, he aint getting any younger.

Asking him to wait until Thompson, Bennett and Wiggins catch up is a waste of his prime years.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that seems to be the trend in the NBA these days. That is why I respect players like Kobe, Magic and Bird. They stayed with they teams their whole career. I know the times have changed and there is a lot more money floating around for these current NBA players.

:agree:

Don't forget Dirk and Duncan who stayed and took pay cuts to keep winning.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,394.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, Noah has become pretty damn good. You don't hear much from Gasol anymore but still very solid. It seemed like back in the day there were better centers big man on general. Maybe that's just me.

There was more depth. Just pointing out there are a few good C's, not just one.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well other than Kobe, who had the best center of all-time, Magic and Bird were set they had 4-5 HOF's on their team. The league is more dispersed now and there is more competition along with diversity.

You think Shaq was the Goat?

I have only heard the legends of guys like Russell * hope he's okay after fainting *, Wilt and seen snipits on ESPN Classic.

He was the most dominant of my lifetime.

But, the Dream was pretty niffty too.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Shaq was the Goat?

I have only heard the legends of guys like Russell * hope he's okay after fainting *, Wilt and seen snipits on ESPN Classic.

He was the most dominant of my lifetime.

But, the Dream was pretty niffty too.

Shaq was so dominant, we sometimes forget, I don't. He would take on triple teams and dunk on them or dish it to the open man. The thing about him he was the most dominant scorer and a legendary passer for a big man. I would put in the discussion for sure.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's not just you. Back in the days, we had Olajuwon, Parish, Jabbar, Malone, Ewing, Robinson and Shaq. Even further back (70s), we had Reed, McAdoo, Lanier, Walton, Thurmond, Chamberlain and Unseld and you can't forget Bill Russell. I guess the game has changed where the "true" center is not very important anymore.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

Don't forget Dirk and Duncan who stayed and took pay cuts to keep winning.
Well, well, well!!! Welcome my friend!!! Yes I agree, Dirk and Duncan have been loyal to their team and I have respect for them both.