• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who will be the worst Team in the Western Conference next year?

It's really hard to tell because everyone, except Houston :doh:, got better.

Either they added FA, draft picks or just got guys healthy.

Kings....Added Collison...not sure that's an upgrade because I'm a Thomas fan....added Staukas, kept Gay and, hopefully, Cousins is a year more mature.

Utah...stayed the course. But, picked up 2 major studs in the draft. Folks are sleeping on Rodney Hood. If they hadn't retained Hayward, Rodney would have been my pick for ROY darkhorse.

Lakers....Got Kobe back. If healthy, that's enough to keep them out of the basement.

Clippers, Blazers, Pelicans, Dallas addressed their frontcourt deficiencies.

Pelicans get a healthy Jrue, Gordon and Davis doesn't have to work so hard on defense with Asik.

Overpaid or not, Parsons will be huge for Dallas. Dirk, Monta, Parsons will pile up the points and Tyson can still protect the glass. But, Felton and Harris at the point is worrisome and they need depth after losing Vince.

Phoenix.....I'm worried.

I don't want them to take a step back.

Maybe they should consider trading Bledsoe for a Center?

Sanders or Henson would do.

I love Plumlee. But, going into the season with just him and Len at the 5 is problematic.

Len seems to break something everytime he touches a basketball:L.

Gonna be a wild, wild west this year.

I think Utah will be the worst because they have zero vets outside of Steve Novak.

Phoenix is still "rebuilding." They're trying to win games but develop their young guys at the same time. Plumlee is pathetic offensively but could be a very good defender if he improves his discipline. Len has not done a damn thing at the NBA level but the jury is still out on him, centers take longer to develop than others. Keeping Bledsoe is a must. I would not trade him for that headcase known as Larry Sanders.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,394.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave McMenamin: The Lakers have reached a one-year agreement to bring back Xavier Henry on a minimum contract, per league sources.

Adrian Wojnarowski: Lakers waiving guard Kendall Marshall, but have interest in bringing him back on a new deal if he clears waivers, league sources tell Yahoo.

No chance he clears waivers, some team will sign him.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard on Parsons leaving "it won't affect us at all"

NBA Howard: Rockets OK without Parsons - ESPN

ATLANTA -- Dwight Howard doesn't believe the departure of Chandler Parsons will have a major impact on the Houston Rockets' title hopes next season.

"It won't affect us at all," Howard said Friday of Parsons signing a three-year, $45-million deal with the Dallas Mavericks.

Parsons was a three-year starter that complemented Howard and guard James Harden.

"We have myself and James," Howard said. "We have the best center and the best two guard in the game on the same team. It's on us."

Howard, who spoke at his father's 10th annual Howard/Howard basketball camp in Atlanta, said he wishes his former teammate well with the Mavericks. But Howard said he and Harden will be able to carry the load without the 25-year-old Parsons, who had career highs with 16.6 points, 5.5 rebounds and four assists for the Rockets last season.

This has been a busy offseason for Houston. The Rockets hosted Carmelo Anthony before making a four-year max contract offer to Chris Bosh, but Houston was unable to sign any of those major free agents.

Houston also lost role players Omer Asik, Jeremy Lin and Omri Casspi. The Rockets acquired veteran forward Trevor Ariza in a three-team trade this week.

Howard, 28, said the addition of Ariza was "big" for the Rockets.

"He'll go through a wall for you," Howard said of Ariza, who was his teammate on the Orlando Magic. "Just to have soldiers on your team like that is great. We have that one-two punch with me and James. We're filling out our roster with guys who are willing to go through that wall and doing whatever it takes to win."

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yeah...Nate Thurmond (from Akron!). OT did you know that Nate is officially credited w/ getting the NBA's 1st quadruple double? The league didn't keep stats on that until sometime in the early/mid 70's.
Yes I did, Thurmond was a much better player, than given credit for!!!!

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard on Parsons leaving "it won't affect us at all"

NBA Howard: Rockets OK without Parsons - ESPN

ATLANTA -- Dwight Howard doesn't believe the departure of Chandler Parsons will have a major impact on the Houston Rockets' title hopes next season.

"It won't affect us at all," Howard said Friday of Parsons signing a three-year, $45-million deal with the Dallas Mavericks.

Parsons was a three-year starter that complemented Howard and guard James Harden.

"We have myself and James," Howard said. "We have the best center and the best two guard in the game on the same team. It's on us."

Howard, who spoke at his father's 10th annual Howard/Howard basketball camp in Atlanta, said he wishes his former teammate well with the Mavericks. But Howard said he and Harden will be able to carry the load without the 25-year-old Parsons, who had career highs with 16.6 points, 5.5 rebounds and four assists for the Rockets last season.

This has been a busy offseason for Houston. The Rockets hosted Carmelo Anthony before making a four-year max contract offer to Chris Bosh, but Houston was unable to sign any of those major free agents.

Houston also lost role players Omer Asik, Jeremy Lin and Omri Casspi. The Rockets acquired veteran forward Trevor Ariza in a three-team trade this week.

Howard, 28, said the addition of Ariza was "big" for the Rockets.

"He'll go through a wall for you," Howard said of Ariza, who was his teammate on the Orlando Magic. "Just to have soldiers on your team like that is great. We have that one-two punch with me and James. We're filling out our roster with guys who are willing to go through that wall and doing whatever it takes to win."
LOL, Howard better "man Up", or he will never win an NBA Title.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There he goes again, Dwight's got to be the biggest douche in the NBA.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wesley Johnson re-signed with the Lakers.

not bad I liked him last year. decent defender.

question though...do these min deals take away from their 2.7 mil exception or no?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry has signed, Johnson has returned, Marshall will clear waivers I believe, and Ryan Kelly will sign as well.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not bad I liked him last year. decent defender.

question though...do these min deals take away from their 2.7 mil exception or no?

Probably.

It is being speculated that Kelly got way more than the minimum.

The Lakers will have tons of cap next summer.

Eric Pincus @EricPincus about 14 minutes ago
Very curious to see how much Ryan Kelly gets from Lakers - I'm guessing the amount might surprise some - most he can is $5.5 mil over 2. Waiting to see final deals - but if Henry/Johnson are returning on 1-year deals with Lakers - they both have implicit no-trade clauses

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for them Mecca. Henry and Johnson maybe signing one year deals for the veteran league minimums but they are building a future and will sign for more money next year as they continue to improve. I like the no-trade clause that bascially tells the lakers FO, we are for real and we will prove it this year.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for them Mecca. Henry and Johnson maybe signing one year deals for the veteran league minimums but they are building a future and will sign for more money next year as they continue to improve. I like the no-trade clause that bascially tells the lakers FO, we are for real and we will prove it this year.

I'm a Henry fan.

Kid has talent.

He just needs a chance and has to stay healthy.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on a number of levels. Xavier impressed me last year before he got hurt and I think he will do well this year as well as nearly everyone is back from last year except Gasol, Bazemore, Meeks, Kaman, and Farmar. The latter walked across the hall and sign with you folks. I think we the new additions, we might just sneak up on a few folks this year.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on a number of levels. Xavier impressed me last year before he got hurt and I think he will do well this year as well as nearly everyone is back from last year except Gasol, Bazemore, Meeks, Kaman, and Farmar. The latter walked across the hall and sign with you folks. I think we the new additions, we might just sneak up on a few folks this year.

How I wish we could send his ass back across the hall:doh:!

I am not a Farmer fan.

Would have rather had Nelson or even Mo Williams back.

The Lakers will be competitive.

But, it will be hard to make the playoffs.

Of all the teams that made it last year, Houston is the only one that didn't get better.

If the Suns keep Bledsoe and Jrue Holiday is healthy, it will be a dog fight for the last 2 seeds in the West.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the heck did Johnson and Henry get no trade clauses? I thought you had to be an 8 year vet or on the team for 4 years

EDIT: Nvm. Found the reason. It's some little tidbit exception for players under 1 year deals that qualify for early bird rights. Considering both are under vet minimum deals, its unlikely they'd get traded anyway because their salary doesn't do much of anything to make deals match up.

Last edited by a moderator:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the heck did Johnson and Henry get no trade clauses? I thought you had to be an 8 year vet or on the team for 4 years

EDIT: Nvm. Found the reason. It's some little tidbit exception for players under 1 year deals that qualify for early bird rights. Considering both are under vet minimum deals, its unlikely they'd get traded anyway because their salary doesn't do much of anything to make deals match up.

That and nobody realistically wants them