• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As soon as David Stern allowed the NBA to take over day today operations of the franchise, he was stuck. He had to veto that trade, not because the Lakers were involved, but because it would have killed the Hornets' value. The return package the Hornets would have received was awful, and the deal with the Clippers allowed them to get Anthony Davis. Davis would be in another uniform if the trade with the Lakers had been allowed.

Actually, I believe the deal was actually beneficial to all teams. The Hornets knew they were going to lose CP3 at some point anyway and got value for him. It actually helped out the Rockets, Pelicans (former Hornets) and Lakers. It's not like the Lakers were going to get off without sacrificing anything in this. They were going to send Gasol (an all-star PF) to the ROckets and the Pelicans were going to get a bevy of players.

Los Angeles Lakers deal to acquire Chris Paul off - ESPN Los Angeles

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen-Curry-Heat.jpg

This is funny lol

Hambombs, we can all dream.....we can all dream.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the perfect silver lining....

Deng, Wade, Bosh, Napier....

Top 5 in the East.

A team of six 40 year old dudes & myself could probably get the 8th seed in the east. What would it take, 25 wins?

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
List of top 2016 FA look like this so far

D-Will
Conley
Joe Johnson
Kobe Bryant
Kevin Durant
DeRozan
Parsons
Al Horford
David Lee
Luol Deng
Lebron James
Noah
Dwight Howard
Nene
Montae
Brandon Jennings
Kevin Love
David West
Affalo
Batum
Beal
Anthony Davis
Dragic
Drummond
Roy Hibbert
Lillard

BTW some of these guys are RFA

A third of that list has player options for 2015. It's likely that most of those guys turn down the option & are FA in 2015.

dyhard

Yo mama sucking my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
List of top 2016 FA look like this so far

D-Will
Conley
Joe Johnson
Kobe Bryant
Kevin Durant
DeRozan
Parsons
Al Horford
David Lee
Luol Deng
Lebron James
Noah
Dwight Howard
Nene
Montae
Brandon Jennings
Kevin Love
David West
Affalo
Batum
Beal
Anthony Davis
Dragic
Drummond
Roy Hibbert
Lillard

BTW some of these guys are RFA

I'm just happy the Bucks don't have anyone there, but I was shocked when I saw LeBron James up there, but then I read this:

Here's why LeBron James signed a two-year deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers -- Terry Pluto | cleveland.com

and it made sense. anybody else have opinions on this?

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just happy the Bucks don't have anyone there, but I was shocked when I saw LeBron James up there, but then I read this:

Here's why LeBron James signed a two-year deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers -- Terry Pluto | cleveland.com

and it made sense. anybody else have opinions on this?

He's a carpetbagger & is leaving his options open. By the way, the 2nd year is a player option.

Seriously though, new TV revenue is set to increase, so that means more salary cap space & bigger contracts. Plus it puts pressure on the Cavs front office to field a competitive roster. If they don't he could be on his to chasing rings again.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I believe the deal was actually beneficial to all teams. The Hornets knew they were going to lose CP3 at some point anyway and got value for him. It actually helped out the Rockets, Pelicans (former Hornets) and Lakers. It's not like the Lakers were going to get off without sacrificing anything in this. They were going to send Gasol (an all-star PF) to the ROckets and the Pelicans were going to get a bevy of players.

Los Angeles Lakers deal to acquire Chris Paul off - ESPN Los Angeles

The package that the Pelicans were getting would have made them a playoff team. Remember that Dragic was not seen as a key piece when this deal was made. He was a throw in.

The Pelicans needed to rebuild, and they never would have been at the top of the lottery 3 years ago if they had taken the Lakers deal. Does it suck for LA, sure, but Stern was acting in the best interest of the Pelicans' franchise and he got this call right. The mistake was in the fact that he allowed the NBA to run the team in the first place and that the Lakers deal was allowed to get as far as it did.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,250.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monday is my least favorite day of the week, especially when I worked 5.5 days the previous week.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,250.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sugarshell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pau Gasol signed a 3 year deal worth 22 million with Chicago, not the 3 year deal worth 40 million with OKC like you said.
I need to start catching up on the NBA news. Gasol is a Bull? Wow. I never thought he'd end up in the East.

Sugarshell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
come on Sugar..get with the program. :doh:
Howdy, I really need to. I stopped watching sports channels because I was sick of hearing about where Lebron was going, lol I'm still in shock btw.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,250.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers reaching out to Stephenson, if he accepts 10 million per season....they'll use the stretch provision on Nash.