• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been in the NBA for 4 seasons and is still just 23, he has a lot of room to improve yet.

he gets my vote. at this point what alternatives are there out there? who could pay him more? could Indiana pay him that parsons money just trying not to?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on the situation, I could see Kobe sliding over to SF if they're on the floor at the same time. Lance could even play the 3 vs. certain teams. Could get interesting though.
I agree.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
get-attachment.aspx

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,250.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he gets my vote. at this point what alternatives are there out there? who could pay him more? could Indiana pay him that parsons money just trying not to?

Dallas and Charlotte are also interested in him, but I don't think Dallas has $ for him after giving Parsons all that loot.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas and Charlotte are also interested in him, but I don't think Dallas has $ for him after giving Parsons all that loot.

is there a report of this anywhere? I've yet to see it as even rumor by a credible source

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,250.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is there a report of this anywhere? I've yet to see it as even rumor by a credible source

Was on Twitter last night. Only, Dallas, Charlotte and LA had the $ and desire to offer Stephenson what he was looking for.

Parsons to Dallas is all but a slam dunk.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is still pursuing Lance and DJ Augustin, per a local beat reporter. Don't know if they're realistically even close to getting either tho.

I'd rather get Augustin, so we don't have to start Felton at PG. That still leaves us with injury prone Harris at PG.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Report: Dallas, Charlotte only other serious suitors for Lance Stephenson so far outside Indiana
Kurt Helin
updated 2:30 pm. EDT Jul. 13, 2014
While Lance Stephenson thought he was an All-Star, a lot of executives saw a guy of average efficiency — some nights triple doubles but more nights a lot of missed shots and opportunities — and his blowing-in-the-ear antics and thought, “the price is going to be too high for the risk.”

Indiana made its offer — five years, $44 million.

Stephenson wants more and is betting if he is patient better offers will come in now that the market is shaking out and teams missed on LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony. However, so far those offers are not as plentiful has expected, reports Sean Deveney at the Sporting News.

According to the source, the remaining serious suitors for Stephenson are expected to be Charlotte, Dallas — if and when the Rockets match the Mavs’ offer sheet for Chandler Parsons — and Indiana. Several teams mentioned in connection with Stephenson, including Boston, Chicago and the Lakers, have not been serious in their pursuit, the source said, while others could register late interest.
Stephenson, 23, has an all-around game and averaged 13.8 points, 7.2 rebounds and 4.6 assists a game last season, but his pedestrian PER of 14.7 gives some indications of why there are misgivings about his efficiency. Not to mention maturity.

But he’s a potential young star — Dallas and Charlotte need that.

Both also likely would try to reduce their risk with a shorter deal and more money per year, something Dallas is reportedly considering if they make an offer. Would Stephenson take two years and a little more than $20 million, or would he want the lower per year money but security of the Pacers five-year offer?

Look for the Stephenson rumor mill to start to heat up in the coming days.

Report: Dallas, Charlotte only other serious suitors for Lance Stephenson so far outside Indiana | NBC Sports

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is still pursuing Lance and DJ Augustin, per a local beat reporter. Don't know if they're realistically even close to getting either tho.

I'd rather get Augustin, so we don't have to start Felton at PG. That still leaves us with injury prone Harris at PG.

Augustine signed with Detroit last night.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow....Do the Heat have enough money for Bledsoe?

JULY 4 UPDATE: The Bucks are pitching an offer sheet, according to ESPN.com.

JULY 12 UPDATE: With LeBron gone, the Miami Heat want to get Bledsoe, according to our draft guru, Joe Kotoch.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PHX has full intention of matching anything for Bledsoe, even the max.

The only way Bledsoe ends up somewhere else, IMO, is a sign-and-trade max deal with the Suns getting significant pieces back. Hard to imagine that happening with Miami.

LUNCHBOX

LOGIC
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!

:hammer:

Congrats on Melo!

Glad to see you here!

Do you know how to get in touch with JGB or Justin?
Hey mecca....I have no way to get in touch with them...I only found out about this place b/c suger emailed me..hope you are well.....Im meh on Melo..I was happy he stayed but would have been fine if he left

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only way Bledsoe ends up somewhere else, IMO, is a sign-and-trade max deal with the Suns getting significant pieces back. Hard to imagine that happening with Miami.

Yep, they have nothing to offer.

Question: Wiggins plays the 2, right? Who starts Waiters or Wiggins?

I'm thinking Waiters does.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wiggins starts...imo

Kyrie and Lebron give the starting unit significant offense.

Having Wiggins on the floor will help cover up Kyrie's shortcomings on defense and will allow Lebron to conserve energy by not having to guard the other teams top player for 40 mins a game.

Wiggins is thin. But, he's quick enough to cover pg's and sg's and long enough to slow down SF's not named Lebron or Melo.

Waiters would be the Super-sub for the 2nd unit.

He could easily be the Cavs Jamal Crawford, which would keep him happy as a gunner.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wow had no idea of phoenix salary situation. currently nobody makes over the 7.5 mil that gragic brings in....guess never noticed but curious how they brought in Bledsoe for just 3 mil a season.

mick7-1961

Commerce Comet
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a structured settlement and I need help now !!!!!!!!!!!

Should I call J.G. Wentworth ??

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well one of them is likely going to be gone in a trade for a big piece to add with Lebron and Irving. Which ever is left will likely be the starting SG. The Cavs want to keep Wiggins, but they might be forced into trading him.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Lance goes to Charlotte... as many NBA fans would know, Charlotte was so inept in creating offense without Big Al, even with Big Al they were relying on him too much if Kemba wasn't on fire.

Lance to Charlotte would be such a pick me up for the franchise n fans IMO... not saying he's the golden child but he can easily make them more competitive.

Yes MKG is there, ship him out or bench him.... or try both on the floor.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imagine if/when Boozer gets amnesty(if haven't alrdy) he'll rejoin the Cavs! lol Cleveland reunion right there!