• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers reaching out to Stephenson, if he accepts 10 million per season....they'll use the stretch provision on Nash.

Although I'm not a big fan of Stephenson, this would be a good by the Lakers. He still is a headcase & turnover prone. Teaming him up with Young should provide some quality entertainment.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the contrary, I've actually seen Lakers fans stumble over themselves to have him back in Lakerland. Gasol's really good in the post and he's a skilled big man. His defense, as has been mentioned before, is average though. He's not the greatest defender in the world. But in Thibs system who knows?

Pau is never has been and never will be a rim protector like Dwight and he's not locking down another teams big, but he is a good team defender and is very smart.

The problem he had over his last 2 seasons was that the Lakers perimeter defense was almost non-existent and Pau was basically trying to stop a layup line.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As soon as David Stern allowed the NBA to take over day today operations of the franchise, he was stuck. He had to veto that trade, not because the Lakers were involved, but because it would have killed the Hornets' value. The return package the Hornets would have received was awful, and the deal with the Clippers allowed them to get Anthony Davis. Davis would be in another uniform if the trade with the Lakers had been allowed.

Partially true. I agree re: the reason Stern vetoed the trade. I disagree with him doing so (and not just because it was the Lakers) because it seems like a conflict of interest and it undermined the authority of the Hornets front office to conduct the personnel business that they were hired to do.

From a basketball/player standpoint, the trade was a fair trade. However, from a marketing standpoint, it wasn't, because Pau Gasol just doesn't move the needle like CP3.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The EAST will be a lot stronger.
The off-season has made the east better.

I don't really see any big moves that improved the west at all.
The West is still a better league, but the East looks to be much better next season.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howdy, I really need to. I stopped watching sports channels because I was sick of hearing about where Lebron was going, lol I'm still in shock btw.

Afraid that you'll turn on a sports channel and find that it was all a dream? :lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I'm not a big fan of Stephenson, this would be a good by the Lakers. He still is a headcase & turnover prone. Teaming him up with Young should provide some quality entertainment.

Kobe's gonna have fun trying to keep those two in line.:lol:

Seriously though, Swaggy is pretty harmless. If Lance can be reined in just a little, he'd be an excellent pickup.

LUNCHBOX

LOGIC
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers reaching out to Stephenson, if he accepts 10 million per season....they'll use the stretch provision on Nash.

Kobe and Lance on the same team, occupying the same spot...yikes

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to start catching up on the NBA news. Gasol is a Bull? Wow. I never thought he'd end up in the East.

Pau wants a shot at another ring and the east is the easier path to the finals, especially with Lebron no longer in Miami.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe and Lance on the same team, occupying the same spot...yikes

Depending on the situation, I could see Kobe sliding over to SF if they're on the floor at the same time. Lance could even play the 3 vs. certain teams. Could get interesting though.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wouldn't that be less than he turned down in the Indiana proposed deal? not sure I see that happening..

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,250.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pau is never has been and never will be a rim protector like Dwight and he's not locking down another teams big, but he is a good team defender and is very smart.

The problem he had over his last 2 seasons was that the Lakers perimeter defense was almost non-existent and Pau was basically trying to stop a layup line.

This. He's a better team defender than one-on-one defender.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, I don't think Lance in LA is a bad thing. I think Kobe is one of the few players that can reign him in. If he's stupid enough to piss off Kobe, I don't think his career will last much longer.

Lance has so much potential........the problem is he wants more than he's worth right now.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, I don't think Lance in LA is a bad thing. I think Kobe is one of the few players that can reign him in. If he's stupid enough to piss off Kobe, I don't think his career will last much longer.

Lance has so much potential........the problem is he wants more than he's worth right now.

his thinking now is that he deserves chandler parsons money

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just happy the Bucks don't have anyone there, but I was shocked when I saw LeBron James up there, but then I read this:

Here's why LeBron James signed a two-year deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers -- Terry Pluto | cleveland.com

and it made sense. anybody else have opinions on this?

He'll just want to re-up when the new TV deal kicks in, he wants his friend and agent, Rich Paul to get paid. I'm sure there's also a microscopic chance that he'll want to see what the Cavs do as well. But I can't see him going elsewhere other than staying in Cleveland.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his thinking now is that he deserves chandler parsons money

Talent wise, he does.
I think he would be a good personality for the Lakers.
Kobe can teach him professionalism.
Give him a 5 year max, now...and in 3 years he will be a steal when salaries escalate.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,250.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent wise, he does.
I think he would be a good personality for the Lakers.
Kobe can teach him professionalism.
Give him a 5 year max, now...and in 3 years he will be a steal when salaries escalate.

He's an excellent defender, rebounder, passer and when Kobe retires....I think he could put up 20+ppg.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,250.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been in the NBA for 4 seasons and is still just 23, he has a lot of room to improve yet.