• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's safe to say that LeBron James hasn't made many friends from this year's rookie class. First, Joel Embiid blocked James on Twitter after his recruiting pitches went unanswered. Now, Shabazz Napier is erasing anything related to James on his Twitter account.
When the Miami Heat drafted Napier, it appeared that the pick would help the team keep LeBron in South Beach. After all, James had made it known that he was a big Napier fan. It looked like drafting the point guard was a wise move by Miami.
Napier even followed James right after the draft:

Over the weekend, James signed a two-year deal, according to ESPN's Brian Windhorst, with the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Napier has since unfollowed the four-time NBA Most Valuable Player, and he has deleted any tweets sent to him.
That's probably the best way for the young player to handle the disappointment. Napier entered the league thinking that he was going to play with arguably the best player in the world. Now that James has signed elsewhere, Napier and the Heat have to move on.

Kids a keeper!

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@InsideHoops: A source tells InsideHoops that the Golden State Warriors are working VERY hard to try to land Kevin Love

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@InsideHoops: A source tells InsideHoops that the Golden State Warriors are working VERY hard to try to land Kevin Love

all they have to do is include klay Thompson..

I wonder if that past rumored deal would still be on table...lakers giving up randle to Minnesota...Thompson to lakers..along with rest of trade

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,250.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you DJ...I was about to register for bleacher report or espn, to spew my venom

Good commenters in here. You'll be a welcome addition, my friend.

You realize that's a used condom you're waving.....right?

:laugh3:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder if that past rumored deal would still be on table...lakers giving up randle to Minnesota...Thompson to lakers..along with rest of trade

So, the Lakers would get Thompson for Randle? No thanks. Randle has more upside.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There isn't legs behind it actually. I think they will give up klay eventually though. They don't have him on the table at the moment

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish these teams will leave Kevin Love alone so he can play out his year in Minny and bec a Laker through free agency dammit!!!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish these teams will leave Kevin Love alone so he can play out his year in Minny and bec a Laker through free agency dammit!!!

No kidding. What a buncha greedy bastards. That's okay, maybe Silver can veto any Love trades for "basketball reasons".:lol:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody heard anything about Lakers might be interested in Bynum???

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bynum wants to return to the Lakers but they have no interest. His knees are totally trash and will not pass the physical.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,917.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone gives Bynum anything more than a used pair of shoes to play they are idiots.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the Lakers would get Thompson for Randle? No thanks. Randle has more upside.

initially it was the #7 pick before the draft. im 50/50 on randle. would prefer if he were more 6-11 than 6-9. maybe some preseason games would win me over. but as it stands now hypothetically if they made that deal that makes Robert sacre the starter at center and Jordan hill the PF with no backups on roster

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody heard anything about Lakers might be interested in Bynum???

No.

But, I heard they tried to get Bosh.

Moments after receiving James' text, the Heat offered Bosh a maximum contract worth $118 million over five years, something that wasn't on the table at the start of free agency. The Heat had competition. After considering "strong" offers from multiple teams, including the Houston Rockets, Denver Nuggets, Phoenix Suns and Los Angeles Lakers, Bosh ultimately decided to return to the Heat later that night.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
initially it was the #7 pick before the draft. im 50/50 on randle. would prefer if he were more 6-11 than 6-9. maybe some preseason games would win me over. but as it stands now hypothetically if they made that deal that makes Robert sacre the starter at center and Jordan hill the PF with no backups on roster

I agree regarding Randle's height (and arm length). I brought that up pre-draft. It's going to be harder for him to get shots off against the length and quickness he'll face compared to college.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting decision by the #2 basketball recruit in the Country considering It's being reported that he doesn't have eligibility issues.

Brandon Jennings is the only guy who has taken this route, successfully.

I am torn over guys going from High School to the pros.

Yes, they are so raw that they take years to pan out and by then they are off to the highest bidder.

But, if you are old enough to go to War, you should be old enough to play in the NBA.

The NFL is different...imo

Heralded SMU recruit Emmanuel Mudiay has decided to skip college basketball to play professionally overseas, coach Larry Brown said in a statement Monday. Yahoo! Sports first reported the news.

The explosive 6-5 guard, ranked as the No. 2 prospect via Rivals, was Brown's prized recruit since coming to SMU. He surprisingly chose SMU over Kentucky.

"Emmanuel Mudiay has decided to pursue professional basketball opportunities," Brown said in a statement. "This is not an academic issue, since he has been admitted to SMU, but rather a hardship issue," Brown said in a statement. "After talking to Emmanuel, I know he really wants to alleviate some of the challenges his family faces and recognizes that he has an opportunity to help them now. While I believe that college is the best way to prepare for life and the NBA, Emmanuel's situation is unique. We were excited about having him at SMU, but we understand this decision and wish him the best."

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree regarding Randle's height (and arm length). I brought that up pre-draft. It's going to be harder for him to get shots off against the length and quickness he'll face compared to college.

Agreed.

People liken him to Zbo.

Yeah, they have similar styles of play.

But, Zbo has a pterodactyl-like wingspan.

BG32 has short T-Rex arms.

But, his vertical and athleticism is much better than Randle's.