• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't get about teams and RFA is why wait for another team to give them a ridiculous contract before you offer them a deal? Houston could still have Parsons if they offered him a deal first

Because it is possible to get them cheaper.

They let the market dictate the salary and if it's the right price, they match.

Utah knew Hayward wanted the max.

But, if he signed with another team for less, they save themselves a couple of bucks by matching, instead of just going rip-shit-ride-em and offering more money than necessary.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gasol is a great player and great pick-up by the Bulls, I'm surprised more teams didn't try to grab this guy during free agency, a big as versatile and skilled as Gasol is hard to find. And you are right he is good defensively, very underrated defensively.

Also playing next to noah is just going to help him. I see Gasol playing like 20-24 min at PF and 8-12 min at Center a game.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDermott isn't just a spot up shooter. He can drive. Kid looks good.

I can't wait for this season. I just hope Rose stays healthy.

I'm impressed with the Bulls front office moves, sans Boozer's contract. The trade for McDermott made all the sense. As I've said before on this thread, if Rose stays healthy and they get the results they're intending out of Gasol, then they're my pick in the East.

It would be crazy if it's somehow Miami and Chicago in the ECF without Lebron. Even though I know the former is not as much of a guarantee as it was the last 4 seasons.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and disagree. Reason I wanted Melo because he gives us a another pure scorer and would take a lot of pressure off of rose. Plus if Rose gets hurt again, Melo would be able to carry the team and we would still have a chance to win.

I also like the Combo of Gasol and Mirotic playing with Noah and Gibson.

I get that.

But, money was the reason they didn't get Melo.

In order to land him, they would've had to decimate the roster and likely trade Taj.

Melo is a great scorer.

But, I wouldn't mortgage my teams future to get him.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure if true. But it wouldnt' surprise me if UD did say this.

Last edited by a moderator:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it is possible to get them cheaper.

They let the market dictate the salary and if it's the right price, they match.

Utah knew Hayward wanted the max.

But, if he signed with another team for less, they save themselves a couple of bucks by matching, instead of just going rip-shit-ride-em and offering more money than necessary.

True but teams aren't stupid. They try to give these RFA ridiculous contracts that the player previous team will need to think twice about matching the offer.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
East is going to be fun to watch this year. Its really up in the air. U got Cleveland, Pacers,Bulls, Wash, Toronto, Atlanta, Miami, NJ and for fun throw in NY.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver is the front runner again for Miller so Cavs may miss out on Mike and Ray

Good. Fuck the Cavs. Get your own damn players and stop trying to put together the Miami of the greater shit hole AKA Cleveland.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also playing next to noah is just going to help him. I see Gasol playing like 20-24 min at PF and 8-12 min at Center a game.

This team could make the ECF without a healthy Rose, if Rose is healthy this team wins the ring, IMO.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that.

But, money was the reason they didn't get Melo.

In order to land him, they would've had to decimate the roster and likely trade Taj.

Melo is a great scorer.

But, I wouldn't mortgage my teams future to get him.

very true. As a Bulls fan I am very happy with how our team looks. We added one of the best Center/PF in the game, Drafted player of the year in college who can shoot, and Finally signed the best Int player to come to the Bulls. Then throw in Snell going into his 2nd year. We should see him getting better.

We still need a SF or SG. I like Butler at SF.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but teams aren't stupid. They try to give these RFA ridiculous contracts that the player previous team will need to think twice about matching the offer.

Yes, it's a double edged sword.

Match a overpriced deal and end up Like the Pelicans, with Eric Gordon.

They couldn't give him away at this point.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston made mistakes long before it came down to Chris Bosh.

They pushed Asik out the door expecting to get Carmelo or Lebron.

They put Carmelo in a Rockets jersey with Lin's number on a billboard making that awkward and completely reducing any possible value for trade.

They converted a 900K salary of Parsons into 15 million believing they could get Melo.

Bosh was just a hail mary hoping to save disaster.

Houston self-inflicted their own wounds.

I am not sure about the economics of the Parsons decision, but I think if they had taken his team option, they would not have been able to offer a full max deal to anyone, and therefor would not have had a chance at Melo or Bosh.

Asik couldn't play with Howard anyway, so losing him isn't such a big deal.

Again, these guys are among the best FOs in the NBA and your criticism is way off base.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very true. As a Bulls fan I am very happy with how our team looks. We added one of the best Center/PF in the game, Drafted player of the year in college who can shoot, and Finally signed the best Int player to come to the Bulls. Then throw in Snell going into his 2nd year. We should see him getting better.

We still need a SF or SG. I like Butler at SF.

McBuckets went HAM today.

* Hard as a Mutha......*

You don't think he and Mirotic can man the 3?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike just trying to get paid. Last big contract. Let's see if the Cavs spend freely.

And he also already won 2 titles. It's not like he's exactly dying to play for a championship.

I understand Ray wanting to play for Cleveland because he's at the end of his career so why play if I'm not competing for a title

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver is the front runner again for Miller so Cavs may miss out on Mike and Ray.

Ray can wait until all star break and decide. Might be his best move.

Mike should have just taken the Ok City offer like he planned to. They moved on to Morrow.
Cavs must not have enough cash.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team could make the ECF without a healthy Rose, if Rose is healthy this team wins the ring, IMO.

They are still flawed. Not enough shooters to space the floor. I would pick them to take the East our of default right now, but I would not be at all surprised if they lost before even getting to the East Finals. They are beatable.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McBuckets went HAM today.

* Hard as a Mutha......*

You don't think he and Mirotic can man the 3?

McDermott yes but not in year 1. Maybe Next year. Right now MDJ will be the starter at SF. Mirotic will be our stretch 4.