• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A pretty weak-ass Jihad by any standard.

Howdy, Mondo.

I'm not the overly sensitive type.

But, I think calling me fucking stupid was uncalled for just because I didn't agree that Bogut was better than Howard.

I'm over it....

Heading out to see the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

Heard it was pretty good.

L8r folks.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to disagree.

Are you equal in your fandom with the Warriors and Bucks?

Both teams have bright futures.

I love Jabari, Greek Freak and Henson.

I hope they trade Sanders for a SG because Mayo isn't the answer.

Loving the core for sure. I'm hoping they can snatch bledsou somehow. Bledsou, giannis, parker, I like sanders a lot when he's right. Great impact on defense. You gotta look at min played too Dwight played almost 10 more min than bogut a game. Bogut in 26 min grabbed 10 boards! Dwight 34 min 12 rebounds. Bogut would of averaged 13 boards if he played 34 min

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, Rob T.

But, all is well in your world.

How in the Blue Hell did the Spurs get my guy Slo-mo?

Kyle Anderson is perfect for the Spurs.

I dunno how they keep doing it. But I am sure going to keep enjoying it.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howdy, Mondo.

I'm not the overly sensitive type.

But, I think calling me fucking stupid was uncalled for just because I didn't agree that Bogut was better than Howard.

I'm over it....

Heading out to see the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

Heard it was pretty good.

L8r folks.

Yup. Enjoy the movie. I liked the first one. :suds:

Sugarshell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sug!

I watched most of the Cavs Summer League Game.

If you can get Love....You have to make that trade.

But, Wiggins looked pretty good today and so did Bennett.
Bennett lost some weight!! He's looking good. Wiggins was pretty impressive. I haven't heard anything new about the trade. I think it stalled out. Gilbert needs to get a move on and make an offer thats fair for both sides.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers still had to go for it with Lebron and 'Melo, if for no other reason than to signal to the fans, Kobe and future FA's that they intend to be players in future FA's and that they will pay. Again, no one thought they were likely to get either one, but they still had to try.

They moved on from the Lebron idea pretty quickly and I agree, they probably should have moved on from 'Melo a day or so sooner than they did. They were in a bit of a tough spot on that one though, because as long as they were the top threat for 'Melo, they kind of had to wait.

As for Kobe's deal. It is what it is. It's 2 year deal and it leaves cap space for another max FA. They have signed players to deals that maintain flexibility and Nash comes off the books after this season which will give them an additional $9 million next summer. Kobe and the FO are both responsible for his contract, imo. The Lakers didn't have to offer that much and he certainly didn't need to accept it. Both sides said that the Lakers offered, he asked if they could still build a contender paying him that much, they said yes. He signed.

As for the roster, sure they probably could have built a little better roster for this season, but so what? Once Lebron and 'Melo chose other teams, the shot at building a contender went with them. For the Lakers, a 5-8 seed and 1st or 2nd round playoff exit is no different than missing the playoffs.

At least if they miss they playoffs, there's a chance they can get a top 5 pick in the next draft since the pick they sent to Phoenix for 2015 is top 5 protected.

yeah sometimes I give the GM the blame. yeah he gets all the credit for landing gasol..and howard even though he left the next season. but the draft doesn't seem to be a strong point. Bynum was good when healthy ill give him that. look at all the picks that were given up over the years. 1st rounder for ramon sessions, another 1st rounder for Jordan hill. that barrage of picks for steve nash. I see some of these teams stike gold with late round talent. that doesn't appear to go the lakers way. someone name the last 2nd round pick to become a solid player for lakers

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston will not match parsons. They goofed big time this free agency :laugh3:

I hope they don't, Dallas NEEDS shooters. It was either him or Lance (gag) Stephenson. Now I hope they sign DJ Augustin and amnesty Felton