• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so I'm clear...

Disagreeing = hating?

Bogut 67 games played, 7.3 ppg, 10.0 boards, 1.8 blocks

Lopez 82 games played 11.1 ppg, 8.5 boards, 1.7 blocks

Gasol 59 games played, 14.6 ppg, 7.2 boards, 1.3 blocks

Jordan 82 games played, 10.4 ppg, 13.6 boards, 2.5 blocks

Howard 71 games played, 18.3 ppg, 12.2 boards, 1.8 blocks.

So, yeah.....

Why do these stats matter? The argument was defense. He was the 2nd best rebounder behind jordan per 36. Bogut is also not bad on offense. Under Kerr his number will increase tremendously cause Kerr actually will run an offense

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do these stats matter? The argument was defense. He was the 2nd best rebounder behind jordan per 36. Bogut is also not bad on offense. Under Kerr his number will increase tremendously cause Kerr actually will run an offense

Why do your stats matter :laugh3:.

Seriously, what is the big whoop that a couple of people on the internet don't share in your blind homerism?

I think Howard, Gasol, Jordan are better and the stats I posted support that argument.

No reason to go all jihad.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do your stats matter :laugh3:.

Seriously, what is the big whoop that a couple of people on the internet don't share in your blind homerism?

I think Howard, Gasol, Jordan are better and the stats I posted support that argument.

No reason to go all jihad.

Because I'm arguing defense and then you go throw points and rebounds at me lol bogut is one of the best defenders and rebounders, truth. Bogut was better at defense than those guys, truth!

dyhard

Yo mama sucking my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robin Lopez had a better year than Bogut.

The guy is just fragile.

He is good when he plays.

Bogut never has been the same since Amare tore him down on a dunk attempt

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,250.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care qhat stats he throws out. Most knowlwdgeable NBA fans consider DH, Marc Gasol
& even Jordan to be a better defender than Bogut.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,250.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care qhat stats he throws out. Most knowlwdgeable NBA fans consider DH, Marc Gasol
& even Jordan to be a better defender than Bogut.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,250.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol...no.

I thought the purpose of sites like this was healthy debates.

So, I'm not sure why disagreeing makes me a hater or " fucking stupid".

That was the cyber equivalent of stomping your foot or throwing a hissy fit.

:omg:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I'm arguing defense and then you go throw points and rebounds at me lol bogut is one of the best defenders and rebounders, truth. Bogut was better at defense than those guys, truth!

Wait....

Rebounding and blocks are not defensive stats:scratch:?

Get a hold of your emotions :laugh3:.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know your team much better then I do, but from the outside looking in, I disagree.

James obviously wasn't coming.
I'm not saying with certainty that Anthony wasn't, but it was at least highly unlikely.
If anything, after his meeting, he should have been given a 48-72 hour window to commit or you guys move on.

This wasn't the summer to try to go all for the Lakers. It was realistically near impossible with Kobe's 48M/2 in the way.

Not at all trying to make this a Heat/ Lakers thing, but I think you guys should have spent your time time trying to recruit 2-3 Deng type salary players on 2 year deals.

I've explained my opinion several times on why I felt that Gasol was out the door.

IMO, with a bit more vision these last 2 weeks, you could have had a better roster and still kept your options wide open for 2016, and or possibly adding Love next year.

The Lakers still had to go for it with Lebron and 'Melo, if for no other reason than to signal to the fans, Kobe and future FA's that they intend to be players in future FA's and that they will pay. Again, no one thought they were likely to get either one, but they still had to try.

They moved on from the Lebron idea pretty quickly and I agree, they probably should have moved on from 'Melo a day or so sooner than they did. They were in a bit of a tough spot on that one though, because as long as they were the top threat for 'Melo, they kind of had to wait.

As for Kobe's deal. It is what it is. It's 2 year deal and it leaves cap space for another max FA. They have signed players to deals that maintain flexibility and Nash comes off the books after this season which will give them an additional $9 million next summer. Kobe and the FO are both responsible for his contract, imo. The Lakers didn't have to offer that much and he certainly didn't need to accept it. Both sides said that the Lakers offered, he asked if they could still build a contender paying him that much, they said yes. He signed.

As for the roster, sure they probably could have built a little better roster for this season, but so what? Once Lebron and 'Melo chose other teams, the shot at building a contender went with them. For the Lakers, a 5-8 seed and 1st or 2nd round playoff exit is no different than missing the playoffs.

At least if they miss they playoffs, there's a chance they can get a top 5 pick in the next draft since the pick they sent to Phoenix for 2015 is top 5 protected.

Last edited by a moderator:

dyhard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well, blocks count. but when you look at rebounds, only look at defensive rebounds.

Bogut - 7.3 defense/2.7 offense
Lopez - 4.5 defense/4 offense
Gasol - 7.6 defense/2.1 offense
Jordan - 9.5 defense/4 offense
Howard - 8.9 defense/3.3 offense

dyhard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your Avatar is beautiful.

Is that from a book/movie?

Kinda reminds me of that Robin Williams movie What Dreams May Come.

not that I'm aware of. I just have always had it as my screen saver on my computer since I was shown it while on acid lol I fell in love with it ever since then