• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They traded for Lin to get a 1st rounder & 2nd rounder. If they use those drsft picks wisely like they did with Randle & Clarkson? That's how you rebuild.

Low 20's is a garbage pick.

The only value this trade has is that it will make the Lakers even BIGGER globally.

Kobe was already the biggest star, outside of Yao, in China.

This will increase the team popularity in that Country tenfold.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the Lakers even trying to do right now?

How can they salvage this summer?

Looking at the roster right now, Kobe can't be very satisfied.

That is the $64,000 question Turnup. Apparently they are stockpiling assets to get ready for 2015 but so is Riley and the Heat and probably a couple of other teams. Out of the Lin trade they got a first round pick (probably around 20th or so which is Houston's), they got Lin, which may or may not work out, and they got a second which the Clippers owned for basically cash and some European player that nobody knows. So the Lakers have entered the 2015 draft, when before yesterday, the only way the Lakers were going to make an appearance was if they bought a draft pick. Not too shabby.

But whether Kobe likes it or not he is going to be part of a rebuild that he stated earlier he didn't want to be a part of. He has recently stated that he applauds the FO's attempt to get Anthony and James and that is all he could ask for. Perhaps he is getting it that this is the end of his career. I am sure he'll be bitching when the losing starts though.

If we do a lot of losing like last year, the Nash pick to Phoenix is top-five protected. So we have to have a few things go our way to keep that pick and if that happens we will have two number ones and a number two in the 2015 draft and that is probably what plan B was all about.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They traded for Lin to get a 1st rounder & 2nd rounder. If they use those drsft picks wisely like they did with Randle & Clarkson? That's how you rebuild.

Exactly.
They didn't give a shit about Lin.
But draft picks are rebuild.
Rebuild and Kobe, other than this can't be in the same sentence.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,250.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense for golden state is just downright scary. You have all that size with Livingston, igoudala, green, thompson, Barnes, and hearing they might add Brandon rush too. Man that perimeter defense is great. I don't even factor in boguts rim protection

Bogus is rarely healthy.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,250.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the $64,000 question Turnup. Apparently they are stockpiling assets to get ready for 2015 but so is Riley and the Heat and probably a couple of other teams. Out of the Lin trade they got a first round pick (probably around 20th or so which is Houston's), they got Lin, which may or may not work out, and they got a second which the Clippers owned for basically cash and some European player that nobody knows. So the Lakers have entered the 2015 draft, when before yesterday, the only way the Lakers were going to make an appearance was if they bought a draft pick. Not too shabby.

But whether Kobe likes it or not he is going to be part of a rebuild that he stated earlier he didn't want to be a part of. He has recently stated that he applauds the FO's attempt to get Anthony and Jand and that is all he could ask for. Perhaps he is getting it that this is the end of his career. I am sure he'll be bitching when the losing starts though.

If we do a lot of losing like last year, the Nash pick to Phoenix is top-five protected. So we have to have a few things go our way to keep that pick and if that happens we will have two number ones and a number two in the 2015 draft and that is probably what plan B was all about.

Kudos, sir!!!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the Lakers even trying to do right now?

How can they salvage this summer?

Looking at the roster right now, Kobe can't be very satisfied.

The Lakers did what the plan has been and it hasn't changed. They went after the 2 big dogs in the current FA. I don't think any Lakers fans or the Lakers FO thought they'd get either one, but it was encouraging that they were one of very few teams that Lebron's agent would even meet with and that they spent a few days as the #1 threat to the Knicks for 'Melo.

Now, they have been signing players who should be fun to watch, to deals that will maintain cap flexibility for the future and they got a draft pick out of it.

As for Kobe, he has said that the FO gave it their best shot and that's all that he can ask. The Lakers summer is as salvaged as it's likely to be. I'm sure Kobe will get frustrated from time to time during the season and will say/tweet things that his haters will have fun with, but end of the day, the Lakers went all out and he knows that.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,250.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I's also take Marc Gasol over Bogus. More well
rounded player & not as injury prone.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.
They didn't give a shit about Lin.
But draft picks are rebuild.
Rebuild and Kobe, other than this can't be in the same sentence.

Both picks are protected.

I don't know the specifics on Houston's.

But, it sounds like they are likely to get it as long as the Rockets don't completely suck.

The 2nd rounder comes from the Clippers and they only get it if it falls between 51 and 55.

If they have to give their own pick to the Suns, picking in the 20's will be their best case scenario.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just noticed won my bet last night, my vcash jumped up a bit.

:yahoo:

I'm losing my bet today. I bet the over on that dumb soccer game and they ain't scored one goal between any of them.

:L

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,250.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both picks are protected.

I don't know the specifics on Houston's.

But, it sounds like they are likely to get it as long as the Rockets don't completely suck.

The 2nd rounder comes from the Clippers and they only get it if it falls between 51 and 55.

If they have to give their own pick to the Suns, picking in the 20's will be their best case scenario.

Top 5 pick!!!!! Wooooooo!!!!