• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Frank is meeting with DW and Hosley this morning to review some NFL material with them....

I hope he reviews Darren Evans' and Shyrone Stith's draft placements compared to what they were projected.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jayrons gone. He would have bolted last season if he could.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Meh, Jayron's pretty much been gone this year.

My thoughts also, just wonder if his play will affect his draft status enough that he is basically forced to return???

imo we will be fine with or without him, too much talent already in the system with more on the way.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think they move Fuller over to boundary and Jarret takes his place at field? Manning could easily see some early time as well if he arrives in Jan...

I sure hope so. They'd have the same results if they stuck me out there instead of Bonner.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brandon Weeden can.... Actually Bonner and I have similar measurables. I'm about 10 pounds heavier and run a lot slower but hey, I don't mind tackling Sammy Watkins at the line of scrimmage and eye gauging him every play if thats what it takes.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Williams tweeted earlier about how he loves to be a guy younger guys would come to for advice.. Maybe something to do with DW? I know they're pretty close friends.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise and Others joining the Big Least.

I see Boise St., Houston, UCF, SMU and possibly others (Navy, AFA) are getting ready to announce joining the Big East. If you think they are pissed now because of a Sugar Bowl snub, then wait until the automatic BCS bid (if it even exists then) gets jerked out from under that pitiful conference. If they don't just do away with auto bids all together, I would be SHOCKED if this didn't happen. With the defections coming in the next couple years with its two of its banner football programs (WVU and Pitt)..the Big East will be lower than whale-shit..

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were advising players, I'd tell Wilson to leave. He's listed in the Top 5 of every RB draft prospect list. Most have him 2 or 3 overall behind Trent Richardson. RB isn't as high a priority in the NFL nowadays so he probably won't be a 1st round pick but I would be stunned if he dropped below the 2nd round. You just know teams will blow their wad at his combine numbers too.

As for Hosley, I'm not so sure I wouldn't tell him to stay and work on his skills a bit more. His stock has slipped this year and there's quite a few good DB prospects expected to come out. I still wouldn't blame him if he left. He could just as easily say "my stock has already slipped, no need sticking around and risking it falling some more".