• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Didnt really get a chance to watch much football this wkend (unfortunately my busiest 6wks of the year run from the last week in july through the first week in sept). I caught the VT game on DVR and got to watch Boise/Ga, TCU/Baylor, and parts of the mary/miami game last night.

Anyway i was wondering if some of you guys could give a break down of how the rest of the ACC looked. I heard Renner had a monster game for UNC, was that a bunch of screen passes or is he the real deal? What about FSU, how did they look? Really just wondering about the ACC as a whole and if there are any "surprise" teams or teams that really concern you guys.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt really get a chance to watch much football this wkend (unfortunately my busiest 6wks of the year run from the last week in july through the first week in sept). I caught the VT game on DVR and got to watch Boise/Ga, TCU/Baylor, and parts of the mary/miami game last night.

Anyway i was wondering if some of you guys could give a break down of how the rest of the ACC looked. I heard Renner had a monster game for UNC, was that a bunch of screen passes or is he the real deal? What about FSU, how did they look? Really just wondering about the ACC as a whole and if there are any "surprise" teams or teams that really concern you guys.

Check the Wake board for the power rankings for a little bit of info...

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
How can Miami incorporate hookers and Cristal into their uniforms???

this needs to be on the side of the helmet
Mudflap_girl.svg
ok well that didnt work, supposed to be the tractor trailor "mud flap girl".

Last edited by a moderator:

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paper work all day at work and then came home and did paper work all evening. If only there was a college game on tonight to make it all better...

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Miss St! Although I feel like this might get out of hand pretty quickly...

vtnuclearhokie

Pronounced Nuke-u-ler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting thing at ESPN College Gameday today. Someone in the crowd has a flag pole with a FSU and VT flag flying from it. Wonder what the story is behind that one.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roast of Charlie Sheen airs tonight at 10 ET on Comedy Central. FYI

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
VT robotics team on CNN tonight @ 10. <---soccer robots and the blind car.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way OT but Wes Welker is destroying everyone in my fantasy league. I grabbed him in the 5th or 6th round. Ultimate steal.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Did you know that Tech lost money from all three of our recent Orange Boal appearances?

Bowl Championship Series bowl trips costly for colleges

This article is a real indictment of how the individual bowls are making a killing at the expense of the teams that actually play the bowl games.

Didnt read the entire article but i knew this was somewhat of a problem, i remember hearing Beamer on the point after basically begging people to buy their tickets from the VT ticket office. At a glance it kinda makes VT look bad to not sell "their" tickets. In reality i bet 60-75% of the fans at those games were VT fans that bought tickets from a second hand source, but what is a fan to do when you can get better tickets at a cheaper price? <----Thats the prob imo!

FWIW i think the conferences should pay for travel expenses of the BCS team/s before deviding the $.